Quantcast

Feeling retro

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Is your toilet behind the Kona? Asking the real questions!
My toilet was trashed when I sold my old house. That 'wall' behind the kona is just to hide my electrical panel. If I need to pee these days I walk out on the deck and go into the woods, way more liberating.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
What's the floor? Is that a rubber mat? Painted concrete? Vinyl?
It's a concrete floor I painted w/ an epoxy traction'ish coating. Not sure I love it, it's almost too grippy, hard to clean. I might end up doing a more smooth coating at some point but didn't want it to be too slippery.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
More stuff from my parent’s house. 90s xt and lx. Bought this with paper route money. Was so proud of this gear, and it was a major upgrade from altus a20.

30B0DB9B-DF39-4C1A-97AB-83259C96C7EF.jpeg
7DF54F04-CCA7-423B-9D02-21C7A878CE12.jpeg

Last edited:

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
If anyone had a brake mount for that dorado lying in there parts bin can they sling me a message please

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Very cool! You should ask Stikman on Vital MTB if he knows anything about your frame. Sounds like it was one of the team frames.
I actually send stik a message as i was reading about some mods they done and was wondering if he had any left

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Speaking of retro, this was my first DH bike. My good buddy was (and still is) team manager for Giant, and he gave me one of Juergen Beneke’s clapped out prototypes in ‘99, complete with those utter shit Hope brakes, and a Boxxer with a broken spring.
It was painted flat black, even the ‘black box’ forks.
I loved the fuck out of it…

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Speaking of retro, this was my first DH bike. My good buddy was (and still is) team manager for Giant, and he gave me one of Juergen Beneke’s clapped out prototypes in ‘99, complete with those utter shit Hope brakes, and a Boxxer with a broken spring.
It was painted flat black, even the ‘black box’ forks.
I loved the fuck out of it…

Didn't they make a production one in black? Or at least some limited edition?

I had a 2000 ATX...7.5" of travel. The '99 had 6"

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Ben Reid was riding that style ATX up until 2006? 2004 rampage he was certainly on the box frame ATX even with a newer version available.
I remember something about him chopping and bracing the chain stays on the new versions to make them shorter, before eventually going back to the classic style.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Ben Reid was riding that style ATX up until 2006? 2004 rampage he was certainly on the box frame ATX even with a newer version available.
I remember something about him chopping and bracing the chain stays on the new versions to make them shorter, before eventually going back to the classic style.
Did he ride it till 06 I dandy think he rode th atx for that long.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I have some Magura Gustavs in my closet and every time I have issues with any modern brake I am tempted to put them back on. Yeah you needed to give them a few squeezes if your bike was upside down but outside of that they ALWAYS worked, were super hard to destroy and I actually found the modulation with the long lever to be great.

Also Super Envious of how much space some of you have. Living in a big city (I like it but also have no other options given film & Tv industry is only in big cities) all I have is small flats and annoying my gf with bike gear being in random places.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
Here's a little throwback Sea Otter content. This first batch is from 2005.

Barel.jpg

Fabien Barel

Don'tKnow.jpg

Unknown

Graves.jpg

Jared Graves

Havukainen.jpg

Justin Havkainen

KeeneMaybe.jpg

Gerrit Beytagh

Quinn.jpg

Vanessa Quinn