Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
God hates f...Jesus

Fiberglass Jesus statue destroyed by lightning in Costa Rica:

El Príncipe de la Paz, un icono de Pérez Zeledón, sufrió hoy un daño irreparable, causado por un rayo. En la imagen, arriba la cara de la imagen, reducida a escombros y abajo, la base donde, durante años, apuntó al Valle de El General...

Fotos por Brian Mora.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

Genesis doesn't...

Fairy tale is a fairy tale:

Camels probably had little or no role in the lives of such early Jewish patriarchs as Abraham, Jacob and Joseph, who lived in the first half of the second millennium B.C., and yet stories about them mention these domesticated pack animals more than 20 times. Genesis 24, for example, tells of Abraham’s servant going by camel on a mission to find a wife for Isaac.

These anachronisms are telling evidence that the Bible was written or edited long after the events it narrates and is not always reliable as verifiable history. These camel stories “do not encapsulate memories from the second millennium,” said Noam Mizrahi, an Israeli biblical scholar, “but should be viewed as back-projections from a much later period.”
Camels Had No Business in Genesis

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
she is as stupid as she looks

California State Assemblywoman Shannon Grove, a Republican, hinted last week that if the drought-stricken state would adopt laws restricting abortions like Texas, God would make it rain.

“Texas was in a long period of drought until Governor Perry signed the fetal pain bill,”RH Reality Check reports she said at the California ProLife Legislative Banquet, held in Sacramento last Monday. “It rained that night. Now God has His hold on California.”

Grove, who represents Kern County and the Central Valley and serves on the assembly’s agriculture committee, brought a Bible to the podium and held it above her head before launching into her fiery speech at the Grand Hotel. Banquet guests included clergy, anti-abortion groups and politicians, RH Reality Check reports.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/bible-waving-california-lawmaker-blames-states-drought-on-gods-wrath-over-abortion/

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Freaking out over Gay Marriage in TN

The entire staff at a Tennessee county clerk’s office submitted their resignations this week rather than issue same-sex marriage licenses, reports WBIR.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope — along with employees Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler — said their last day on the job will on July 14, and that they are leaving because the Supreme Court’s decision to allow same-sex marriages clashes with their religious beliefs.

Speaking for the three employees whose resignations take effect July 14, Pope said they were doing it for “for the glory of God,” and not for the publicity.

“It’s kind of sort of like you don’t want to draw attention to yourself for any reason,” Pope explained. “That’s not why we’re doing this. Not doing it in any way to draw attention to us. It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory.”

Pope said that none of the employees have new jobs lined up, but that “I honestly believe God will take care of us.”

According to Drew Baker of the Tennessee Equality Project, Decatur County is the only county in the state that has said it won’t issue same-sex licenses and, so far, has not had any requests.

Decatur County Commissioner David Boroughs said he supports the soon-to-be-unemployed staffers for sticking to their beliefs.

“That’s a personal individual decision, but I strongly support them if their faith is that strong,” Boroughs said. “I’m proud of them that their faith is so strong and well-rounded that they feel they can do that.”

The County Commission is scheduled to meet on July 13 to appoint a new county clerk, however there was no indication whether the new clerk will follow the Supreme Court’s ruling.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shouldn't homosexuals from countries where they are persecuted be able to seek asylum in the US? That'd bunch some Christian Panties/magic underwear.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Shouldn't homosexuals from countries where they are persecuted be able to seek asylum in the US? That'd bunch some Christian Panties/magic underwear.
what about greece?

it isn't the hell hole the US is....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
HALLELUJAH!

"I've been a deep believer my whole life. 18 years as a Southern Baptist. More than 40 years as a mainline Protestant. I'm an ordained pastor. But it's just stopped making sense to me. You see people doing terrible things in the name of religion, and you think: 'Those people believe just as strongly as I do. They're just as convinced as I am.' And it just doesn't make sense anymore. It doesn't make sense to believe in a God that dabbles in people's lives. If a plane crashes, and one person survives, everyone thanks God. They say: 'God had a purpose for that person. God saved her for a reason!' Do we not realize how cruel that is? Do we not realize how cruel it is to say that if God had a purpose for that person, he also had a purpose in killing everyone else on that plane? And a purpose in starving millions of children? A purpose in slavery and genocide? For every time you say that there's a purpose behind one person's success, you invalidate billions of people. You say there is a purpose to their suffering. And that's just cruel."

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Houston GOP activist Steven Hotze: 'Kids will be encouraged to practice sodomy in kindergarten'

A prominent Houston Republican activist is making some strong assertions about same-sex marriage. Among them: that anal sex will be pushed on kindergarteners following the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage across the country

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics/texas/article/Houston-GOP-activist-Steven-Hotze-Kids-will-be-enc-6386471.php

wtf are they puting in the water down there?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Houston GOP activist Steven Hotze: 'Kids will be encouraged to practice sodomy in kindergarten'

A prominent Houston Republican activist is making some strong assertions about same-sex marriage. Among them: that anal sex will be pushed on kindergarteners following the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage across the country

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics/texas/article/Houston-GOP-activist-Steven-Hotze-Kids-will-be-enc-6386471.php

What an asshole.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Me thinks he just may have a couple of deeply buried issues to investigate.