Quantcast

Evil?

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
say what you want but I work with overseas suppliers everyday and understand the quality issues you can run into. it happens. To think a company with a good brain behind it can't correct those issues and survive is ridiculous.
I understand the issues that they have had and, to a degree, why they've had them. While my comment wasn't specifically ment to slam you, I can't understand why anybody would consider giving this company their money in the future. I can understand if you are personal friends with them and don't want to see them financially get crushed but this is the risk of owning a business.

There are too many other options out there that are as good, if not better, with far better support behind them. This sceanrio may have been tolerable during the time when all the major players were out of the gravity scene (Trek, Specialized, Giant, Gt, Santa Cruz, etc.) and the majority of high end options were boutique builders, but that is not the case now. Even if those companies were to pull out now, and for arguments sake, had no access to replacement DH stuff for warranty; you could at least get some kind of bike from them. That is the problem; Evil has NOTHING, and produced NOTHING for 2 (?) seasons. Sorry, no offense, you're done. (my oppinion)

What I wonder is why is there no law suits against the supplier of the frames? You could certainly argue that they were the ones that basically destroyed this company. I'm sure the overseas issue is a main factor in that scenario. (cue additional arguments for not outsourcing overseas)

Unfortunatley a company (name) that had a cult like following and has developed some of the most influential products in the sport has been reduced to this.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What I wonder is why is there no law suits against the supplier of the frames? You could certainly argue that they were the ones that basically destroyed this company. I'm sure the overseas issue is a main factor in that scenario. (cue additional arguments for not outsourcing overseas)
because lawsuits (especially int'l ones) cost a SH*T LOAD of money.

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
There are too many other options out there that are as good, if not better, with far better support behind them. This sceanrio may have been tolerable during the time when all the major players were out of the gravity scene (Trek, Specialized, Giant, Gt, Santa Cruz, etc.) and the majority of high end options were boutique builders, but that is not the case now.
Well said. get a new or used frame, put your revolt in the closet, get on riding. if evil comes back and makes good on their claim to warranty all revolts and releases the Undead, Awesome! if not everyone stays on the trails.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
get a new or used frame, put your revolt in the closet, get on riding. if evil comes back and makes good on their claim to warranty all revolts and releases the Undead, Awesome! if not everyone stays on the trails.
to most people $3000 is a ton of money. most people cant just plop down another huge chunk of change to another DH frame.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
My guess is that, besides the aforementioned international and monetary issues, a company has to have something to sue for.

If Evil does, at some point, ship undeads and make good on their promises to customers - past and present, then good on them. Unfortunately until that point, this debacle is what most people will think of when they hear Evil bikes, which is really too bad.