Quantcast

Duncan Riffle's bike for sale!

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Duncan Riffle is selling his 2007 303 fully loaded never raced. Not sure if its in the classifieds on here but i did see it on mtbr.com, just thought you might wanna check it out.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah, was just about to ask that, it sounds like a sam, plus it probable going for 8 grand

n8nate

Chimp
Jul 18, 2005
Palo Alto, CA
Check the ad I posted from MTBR. He got it warrantied. Its going for 5,500, and has a hayes 9-inch rotor in the front! (It's for real, saw it in MBA awhile back)

-Nate

Edit:
The email I received from him seemed legit, gave me contact info etc., so I think its real.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted in mtbr classified
I rode for Yeti in 05' and I just received this bike in
replacement of the prototype I was racing in 05'.
okay now that just seems a little shaddy to me. why would they take this long (2 years) to get him a replacement frame???? if its foreal though someone needs to get on that.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
I would jump on it but im a little to tall for a Medium. The white sundays look sick, will they be available to the public in that color?

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
okay being a eally close friend of his and living not to far away, this is no scam.....He had to wait for Yeti and when they were supposed to deliver him his replacement frame because of the overwhelming amount of orders they had to fill.....needless to say it finally came, and is for sale as you see it, fresh out of the box yesterday!

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
randomly speaking of 303's... tyler klassen lost his out of the back of his pickup somewhere near kamloops. it may have been picked up (i'm visualizing some bottle picking homeless guy now cruising the backroads on a 303 with bags & baskets hanging off it) or it's still lying in a ditch. poor tyler is not having a good year.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
the homeless guy is like; damn this thing is hard to peddle around, whats with the big springs it must be a senior citizens bike. Suspension for their hemroids.

I bought Duncan's Yeti 4x from him earlier this year (March) and he said that he was going to get a brand new 303 back from Yeti at some point later in the year. A good seller and a good guy. That gold Sunday sure is tempting:biggrin:

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
I noticed his bike has a custom 83mm Atlas crankset on it. I wish Raceface would make those a production item. There doesn't seem to be much of a 'lighter weight' crank/bb set up for 83mm bb shells.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
There doesn't seem to be much of a 'lighter weight' crank/bb set up for 83mm bb shells.
There are not really any external BB cranksets out that are lightweight, and I agree that someone should make something but there are decent weight options out there if you dont mind running ISIS.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
randomly speaking of 303's... tyler klassen lost his out of the back of his pickup somewhere near kamloops. it may have been picked up (i'm visualizing some bottle picking homeless guy now cruising the backroads on a 303 with bags & baskets hanging off it) or it's still lying in a ditch. poor tyler is not having a good year.
Honestly, how do you just let your DH bike just fall out of a pickup & not notice it?! wow.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
There are not really any external BB cranksets out that are lightweight, and I agree that someone should make something but there are decent weight options out there if you dont mind running ISIS.
...I've been thinking this for quite sometime. I remember Cedric running custom-spindle cranks on the old Gemini for the Red Bull Rampage back in 03' I think.

Race Face should make the Atlas in 165,, for 83mm BB's... you know what I mean?:biggrin: It's not like either one of us could use such a thing on one of OUR bikes.

That said I might go with Middleburns and a Truvativ Giga DH BB to save some weight over my Diabolus for next year.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
okay now that just seems a little shaddy to me. why would they take this long (2 years) to get him a replacement frame???? if its foreal though someone needs to get on that.

Check the contact info in the MTBR ad and from his site, they are the same. Either some one is going all out on pulling a scam or it is legit. Sounds likely to be legit to me.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Salami:
Check the contact info in the MTBR ad and from his site, they are the same. Either some one is going all out on pulling a scam or it is legit. Sounds likely to be legit to me.
Guys - I'm pretty sure it's really him. This isn't like an Elvis sighting or something.

If not, then the conspiracy must run deeper than even Mulder could comprehend:

Natedog (Page 1):
okay being a eally close friend of his and living not to far away, this is no scam.....He had to wait for Yeti and when they were supposed to deliver him his replacement frame because of the overwhelming amount of orders they had to fill.....needless to say it finally came, and is for sale as you see it, fresh out of the box yesterday!
About a year ago Kintner sold her 4x bike on Ebay, and Missy Giove sold some of her stuff there as well. Pro's are just like us - they need those green rectangles to procure food and shelter. Comes in handy.

Someone tell Duncan I'll trade him 2 strippers and a former Playboy model for the Sunday "Worlds Edition" frame.

:biggrin:

driftsrfun

Chimp
Sep 14, 2006
paradise
its real, you guys are thinkin about it to much, the frame and fork ad up to $5,000.00 or more, and this is a complete bike, so someone should be stoked

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Why is everyone freaking out? like posted above, he is a guy who rides his bike and likes money...alot of pro's dont have much of it...

Someone pick this thing up.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Race Face should make the Atlas in 165,, for 83mm BB's... you know what I mean?:biggrin: It's not like either one of us could use such a thing on one of OUR bikes.
What I think would be even better would be XT or XTR Cranks with an 83mm BB and with a steel pedal insert. I personally like the Shimano cranks much much more than the Race Face options.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I don't think the bike brand has anything to do with it. :bonk:
It has everything to do with it!

A yeti is a legendary large, hairy, humanoid creature. If I were one, and I saw a bike with my name on it, I would assume it was a sacrificial gift for me. :biggrin: