Quantcast

Duncan Riffle's bike for sale!

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
If that 303 didn't have that built in ball shredder on it I might consider. If it took Yeti that long to give one of their old pros a bike. I don't even want to think about how long it would take to have something fixed, if something were to ever brake. Yah as you can see not a fan of the 303.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
considering both of them are practically new, $5000 for the red/white 07 sunday and $5200 for the World Cup Edition.

Pros sell their bikes on mtbr all the time. I bought Cam Zinks V-10 Prototype rig 2 years ago off mtbr, kept some parts and sold the frame. Ended up spending about $700 over all for fork, brakes, drivetrain, wheels and other components that installed perfectly to my new V-10 frame.

I just bought a 303 from the marketing/ tech guy at Yeti for 4K. I'ts a size Large and I'm small, so I'm taking some parts that I need for next season and selling the frame, fork, brakes and a few other parts off it.

I wouldn't say Riffles 303 is that great of a deal: 3500 frame + 700 fork (what it's worth), 1300 for the rest? Pros at his level beat the absolute crap out of their stuff. Prototype and one-off custom stuff for a pro doesn't have any kind of warranty. They could also be designed for a shorter life than a standard production product.

We should expect to see more of the younger American pros selling their rigs on the site if they can't unload them to a friend in the next few months.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I beleive its Riffles bike.

But why is Yeti doing a warranty when he isn't even on their team anymore....?....its not like he bought the bike, seems like a strange move on Yeti's part......why would they care, he spurned them and went to a different team in 2006....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I beleive its Riffles bike.

But why is Yeti doing a warranty when he isn't even on their team anymore....?....its not like he bought the bike, seems like a strange move on Yeti's part......why would they care, he spurned them and went to a different team in 2006....
Could have been in the contract that he got a new bike thus the bike being part of the compensation package for Duncan.

Could have been in the contract that he got a new bike thus the bike being part of the compensation package for Duncan.
exactly - I don't think they get paid much and most work in the off season so part of the deal is they get to keep their bikes and sell them. I think with the limited number of 303's for paying customers Yeti took their time getting Duncan his bike.

Eggzoi

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Australia
Am I the only one who would want to hold onto the Gold WC Sunday?
Also if he's selling 2 Sunday's, what is he going to ride? I thought the gold one would have been the latest model so I'd be surprised if he had a new one already.

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
i'd run that gold sunday. and front like i went to worlds. i be like 'sure i went to worlds. now what?'

who cares what people think. run watcha brung son.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Quote:

Originally Posted by sayndesyn
How big of a choad would you feel running around in a Worlds only color frame when you didn't actually go to worlds....

Agreed.
I imagine most people don't take it that seriously... do you? And honestly, how many people even know what the "world's color" for IronHorse Sundays really is?!

:bonk:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I imagine most people don't take it that seriously... do you? And honestly, how many people even know what the "world's color" for IronHorse Sundays really is?!

:bonk:
Anyone who was actively seeking out a gold one, knows exactly what it is.

I'd just feel stupid on a gold bike, period.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I hope his bikes find a home and they get ridden alot.....the gold Sunday thing was cool, selling it will help him recoup some funds he laid out this past year. Props to IH. Props to whoever buys it.

...$5200 in not unreasonable for a bike that was only ridden a few days and has some of the best and lightest stuff on it (if he didn't pirate stuff off it like Ti bolts)...

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I like goooooolllllllddddddd

same here...I'd rock a gold bike! Plus whoever acquires Duncan’s WC bike will have a pretty unique ride…which I think is pretty cool no matter if it’s a WC bike or not.

I tend to feel stupid on an Orange bike. :happydance: but even stupider-er when I’m NOT on a bike.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
same here...I'd rock a gold bike! Plus whoever acquires Duncan’s WC bike will have a pretty unique ride…which I think is pretty cool no matter if it’s a WC bike or not.

I tend to feel stupid on an Orange bike. :happydance: but even stupider-er when I’m NOT on a bike.
i'd definitely ride a gold bike...i'd feel stupid if i could barely get one my bike..haha..:ban: :brows:

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Gold is the new white. I hope this white, and pink thing goes away soon, has anyone seen the new gold anodized T.L.D. helmets?! pretty sweet. In the next few years everyone will be sporting mossy oak paint jobs haahha.

driftsrfun

Chimp
Sep 14, 2006
paradise
duncan needs to stop riding so much and learn how to spell,

"Breaks: Hayes MAG, 8" rotor rear (new pads)"

Breaks haha, more like Brakes, but I guess he is only human..

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Gold is the new white. I hope this white, and pink thing goes away soon, has anyone seen the new gold anodized T.L.D. helmets?! pretty sweet. In the next few years everyone will be sporting mossy oak paint jobs haahha.
yeah, damn that White and Pink. And gold, too, totally out. And there's too many black bikes now. And brown's ugly. Green is played out. Blue looks like a Giant bike. Red just looks weird.

up next, CLEAR!! :biggrin: