Quantcast

Dual Slalom in NorCal!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Dual Slalom Racing is alive in NorCal! (x-post from NorCal forum cause no one reads it)

Finally got some pictures back from the race on Superbowl Sunday at Bailey Bike Park.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=138519886187172

The berms are fast and clean.

The course is technical with jumps in and out of berms.

Even the rhythm section is fun.

All the Bay Area Monkeys should come and check it out. The atmosphere is laid back and the course is well designed, safe for all riders but a true challenge to ride FAST. I will be at the Mar 6th race, hopefully you will be there too!

Photo credit to Alton Richardson. He is a professional photog but this was his first time at a MTB race (he usually shoots climbing, check out his blog, http://altonrichardson.wordpress.com/). I hope to get him out to the next race as well.

P.S. I think there may have been a thread on the the DH forum about Bailey Bike Park some time back but my search is not working and I couldn't find it.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Update:

Last weekend's race was canned due to crappy weather. It is currently rescheduled for this Sunday. Check the facebook page to see if it will happen (I'm not planning on it seeing as rain/snow is forecast for tomorrow)

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
From the BBP Facebook page.

The track is in bad shape and we're having some difficulty with the city. This weekend's race is cancelled. I'll be in touch about next weekend i'm expecting it will happen. It will take a lot of support to save BBP as I approach the city council. Contact me by facebook or call 510 681 7567 to get more info. Rann
I'm gonna go cry.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Too Bad. This is beginning to sound like the drama of Sand Hill all over again. Hopefully it all gets worked out.
Oh how I remember the days.

These guys seem to have there sh!t together a bit better so I am still hopeful. I will try to get a hold of Rann by phone tonight and get the story.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
It's on b!tches

Just got confirmation that we are a go for racing on Sunday.

Talked to the organizer and he was looking for people to help with track maintenance this afternoon and tomorrow. I am trying to shuffle my plans for tomorrow so I can make it out.

This is an great race series but it is going to take some effort to make it stick around. Time to pony up and put in some hours.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Thanks!

Honestly I'm a little surprised that no one seems interested (other than MDJ). There are going to be hundreds of people paying $90 to race DS at Sea Otter next week on a course that is not nearly as fun.

I guess I'm just crazy.... :panic:

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Hmmm.... I have 20 gallons of paint and an empty house to apply it to this weekend. I wonder how I can convince my wife that this race will be more important than our new house.

I'll see what I can do because I really want check out the track. I'll be on a blue anno SX if I make it.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Helmet cam from the weekend's racing.

Vid by Jeff Williamson of Turner DHR.

The dude on the orange bike lurks around here as joebmx I believe.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Pretty small this time. Only 13 racers.

I think this was due to all the cancellations. People made other plans because it wasn't a sure thing.

The race on Superbowl Sunday had closer to 50 racers.

Last edited: