Quantcast

Dirt Trek Downhill Fantasy League

zzsean

Chimp
Jun 29, 2007
Boulder, CO
Wait...so I found out one person I had wasn't racing and completed a transfer for Riffle. Looks like he didn't accumulate any points for me.

Can someone explain why everyone was allocated 1 transfer after the "window" if there was technically no ability to use this transfer come race day?
yeah, it looks like transfers messed things up. I transferred minaar in before the deadline and ended up with zero pts for him. Doesn't bother me as it is all free but someone might like to know.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ugh, not a good start for me. currently ranked 1471. i didnt realize the juniors dont get as many points.
gonna have to move someone around to make my team better. i finished 71st last year and hoping to do better

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Can someone explain why everyone was allocated 1 transfer after the "window" if there was technically no ability to use this transfer come race day?
The way i interpreted that was you can transfer one rider between each round. You need to set your roster in stone before the current race then and then any transfer after deadline will be applied to the next round.

Sounds like you already used your transfer for Ft. Bill....

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Hell yeah, this is just like my racing, bottom 1/4 of the pack whoop whoop! Just above average, that's where I want to be........

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Thankfully my safe bets have my at 191th, not far from the top. If only I went with Riffle or Tracy...

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
haha i am right there in the middle of nowhere 950th place.

got the transfer thing wrong too, thought i could swap brendan before the race...
oh well...

at least tracey did an outstanding job :)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
ugh, not a good start for me. currently ranked 1471. i didnt realize the juniors dont get as many points.
gonna have to move someone around to make my team better. i finished 71st last year and hoping to do better
wow... so maybe my 111th position ain't so bad...

I still have my transfer... I'm wondering whether I should keep Polc or trade him for Adam Brayton... I'm not sure if Brayton is going to do the rest of the races though, that's the thing.

And then, I also find out my female pick, Emmeline Ragot, has broken her foot again. Will she race again in Fort Bill? and be competitive?

what to do, what to do...

this is my first time participating in one of these pools or fantasy leagues... I can see how they can become addictive!

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
Didnt realize Kovarik wasnt racing till it was too late, neither is micaylo gatto, made a transfer and didnt get points....so sitting at 4037th place. woot woot

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
105th! amazing how much better you do when 3 of your riders don't injure themselves before the first event like last year. Ended up going with Smith, Barel, Brosnan, Mullally, Moseley...don't think I'm going move anyone around yet.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
sitting right around 1040, but I knew I was gonna take a hit on this race since I picked Hill and barel and the one thing barel stresses is that he can't pedal well since he broke his femur.

Hill, barel, riffle, walner (stupidly picked conner fearon and forgot to transfer him), and jonnier.

Would have been a solid team to just pick up the trek world racing team and extra, damn.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
so who's running the ridemonkey mini league?

applied with my team YourSoma but not sure whether i got in...
You are in.

Heckler its strange is your name hammer down? I think I just added it but dont yet see it. Probably some kind of a delay.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
once again, robbed on the juniors. Why arent the juniors getting 100 points for 1st etc? ahhhh bummed. Im at 23hundred something.
That was the reason they are cheaper ;) Also if they did it would be a bit unfair of the other riders. Would the top unior be over Minnaar even if he is consistently 20-30th?

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
Yeah my bad, I didn't help the mini-league numbers w/ my Rach pick.

(In a different league I was so bummed when I didn't get Rach in the draft and then stoked to hear that she wasn't racing RSA, then completely blanked out when picking the Dirt FL team right before the deadline.)

RMonkey comeback next round predicted.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Ended up 14th with a near perfect round for qualis (1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th). Finals could have been a little better, but Hannah crashed out.

Mosely

Minnaar
Hannah
Gracia
Riffle

-KT

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Not swapping Rachel for Tracey really messed me up. I should have made sure that everyone I selected was going to be racing. That change would have boosted me into 3rd place in the Ridemonkey standings. Well, Rachel not being there and Mick crashing out didn't help either, but at least he got the 50 points for the qualifiers.

Duncan Riffle was the real bargain that I missed out on though. I hope he keeps that up for the season.

My team for PMB, SA was Gwin, Hannah, Mulally, Brosnan and Rachel.

fearless

Chimp
Feb 7, 2006
They need to update the results! I had a decent weekend(Minnaar, Barel, Pugin, Neko and Rhys Willemse(did he even race?!))
Rhys Willemse didn't get a ride this year, so is out for most of the world cups. He has been selected to ride for Australia at the world champs because he won the Oceania's, so expect to see him in Val Di Sole and the world champs in Switzerland.

Unfortunately Rhys's ride overseas couldn't get the funding, so Rhys was left without a team. Its a shame really because the kid was starting to win alot of races in Australia.