Quantcast

Dirt Merchant

Did they do something to this trail? I rode three times in a row 2 weeks ago and kept winding up on Scorcher.

This week I rode it.....ended up on Scorcher again....by following the yellow and black arrow......stopped.......walked back up only to find the, imo, original looking line blocked off.

I walked that line and that lead directly into the new drop lines.

so am I just missing an unmarked trail or following the wrong trail.......or am I just a window licker??:imstupid:

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
I think where you are seeing the trail blocked was actually flatliner. Ill have to keep my eyes open next time, I've heard of scorcher but never seen a sign.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
The sign for scorcher is around where those little wood kickers start to show up on dirt merchant. I'm not really sure that it's a separate trail or just another line on DM with a few somewhat worthless kickers.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Used to be a seperate trail, now its the only option, however, there is some good stuff on schorcher, a few decent drops, and i dare u to hit the kicker to rock hip towards the end!

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
and i dare u to hit the kicker to rock hip towards the end!
I would try, but I can't get my 50 lb bike to go fast enough on the UPHILL that leads up to that kicker. Especially when it's all soggy like it's been on that trail the last few times I was up there.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Used to be a seperate trail, now its the only option, however, there is some good stuff on schorcher, a few decent drops, and i dare u to hit the kicker to rock hip towards the end!
HA

I remember 03 when Erik Hudson and Scotty built a kicker there long before the wood showed up! You have to drop in down the left side of the rock before it and straightline bomb it, tiny left whip/hip and dip out to the right.

I usually fail to remember this, but who am I impressin anyway!!!

YAY!

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I would try, but I can't get my 50 lb bike to go fast enough on the UPHILL that leads up to that kicker. Especially when it's all soggy like it's been on that trail the last few times I was up there.
I vowed to clear that thing one day when I was bored. After making the tranny I realized I had wasted too much time and energy on such a ****ass stunt.

I really liked Dm last year when I was able to find the whole trail:eek::eek:

I got misdirected onto Scorcher. It's not a bad trail but I really don't like those shaky ass ramps and like was mentioned above.....I cannot keep enough speed.

I hope that I can find the original line next time out.......cause I love that roll in!!:thumb:

Another Question while speaking of rollers.............

How is that Roller/Drop on Lower Exodus? easy or gnar? It looked intimidating from the top but not from the bottom( I didn't try it cause i was alone and didn't want to take unnecessary risk)

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
How is that Roller/Drop on Lower Exodus? easy or gnar? It looked intimidating from the top but not from the bottom( I didn't try it cause i was alone and didn't want to take unnecessary risk)
Easy, fun and fast. The rock isn't much of a challenge but sometimes the runout has a bunch of those fist sized loose fire road rocks, which can make life interesting.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
That roller/drop on exodus is one of the things I need to just man up and hit. I've watched people drop it, watched people roll it, and for some reason I still can't bring myself to do it. I think I just gotta force myself to do it next time I'm up there. I can ride the rest of the trail no problem. Makes me mad just thinking about it, haha.

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
That roller/drop on exodus is one of the things I need to just man up and hit. I've watched people drop it, watched people roll it, and for some reason I still can't bring myself to do it. I think I just gotta force myself to do it next time I'm up there. I can ride the rest of the trail no problem. Makes me mad just thinking about it, haha.
Same here, as with every feature though. I need someone to physically do it in front of me so I can learn.