Quantcast

Dave Mathews

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I have enjoyed DM solo at the bridge school shows in the past but have never been a fan of the DMB as a whole and pretty much share sentiment with True on this one. As far as the copyright crap goes that is LAME! There is nothing illegal about ripping a track YOU own to play on YOUR iPod or YOUR PC etc. You own the music not just the CD it comes on. This sounds illegal to me, I hope to God it doesn't stand.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Curb Hucker said:
Tenacious-D owns DMB

The D owns ALL!

Dio has rocked for a looong, looong time. Now it's time for him to pass the torch.

He has songs of wildebeests and angels, he has soared on theee wings of a deeemon.

it's time to pass the torch, YOUR TOO OLD TO ROCK! NO MORE ROCKIN' FOR YOU!!!

We're takin' you to a home,
But we will sing a song about you....

(apparently the D is familiar with the concept of being too old to rock :D )

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
punkassean said:
The D owns ALL!

Dio has rocked for a looong, looong time. Now it's time for him to pass the torch.

He has songs of wildebeests and angels, he has soared on theee wings of a deeemon.

Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?
Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from the mucky-muck man?

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Damn True said:
Ok, first of all Dave Mathews sucks donkey balls. He provides jam-band music for people who don't know what jam-band music is. He is jam-band music for people who shop at Abercrombie and Fitch. And, he is a pretentious, self-important a-hole. But I digress.....
Oh dear god, I agree with DT. :p

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
dh girlie said:
You have no idea what I listen to, so you really aren't qualified to make that assumption. Sure I'm gonna listen to stuff other people think sucks...who cares...musical taste is a lot like ice cream...who gives a **** what you like or don't like? it's just an opinion...and my very strong opinion on DMB is they suck...I'd sit in silence before listening to that crap.
what the Hell gurly is it a red flag day :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
dh girlie said:
You have no idea what I listen to, so you really aren't qualified to make that assumption. Sure I'm gonna listen to stuff other people think sucks...who cares...musical taste is a lot like ice cream...who gives a **** what you like or don't like? it's just an opinion...and my very strong opinion on DMB is they suck...I'd sit in silence before listening to that crap.

that icecream analogy never loses it's point proving power. i happen to love rum raisin.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I try not to judge music until I've seen a band live. I've seen DMB, and they do indeed rock. Their studio albums however, I can do without.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
punkassean said:
The D owns ALL!

That is hysterical...I saw rjd talking about that...funny...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
laura said:
that icecream analogy never loses it's point proving power. i happen to love rum raisin.

WHAT!?!?!? YOU AND RUM RAISIN SUCK!!!! GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LIKE RUM RAISIN YOU IDIOT!!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ICE CREAM YOU STUPID BROAD! I AM FAR SUPERIOR TO YOU AND YOUR ICE CREAM KNOWLEDGE BECAUSE I LIKE MORE OBSCURE, LESS POPULAR ICE CREAMS SUCH AS GREEN TEA AND BLUE BUBBLE GUM! GAWD! YOU ASS!

Now folks...see how silly that was? To attack Laura because she happens to like rum raisin ice cream??? Very silly indeed...who cares if she likes rum raisin...what floats one boat, sinks another...can't we all be nice and respectful of one another??

And thank you Laura for your support on my rum raisin ice cream theory and your help on this one... :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
WHAT!?!?!? YOU AND RUM RAISIN SUCK!!!! GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LIKE RUM RAISIN YOU IDIOT!!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ICE CREAM YOU STUPID BROAD! I AM FAR SUPERIOR TO YOU AND YOUR ICE CREAM KNOWLEDGE BECAUSE I LIKE MORE OBSCURE, LESS POPULAR ICE CREAMS SUCH AS GREEN TEA AND BLUE BUBBLE GUM! GAWD! YOU ASS!

Now folks...see how silly that was? To attack Laura because she happens to like rum raisin ice cream??? Very silly indeed...who cares if she likes rum raisin...what floats one boat, sinks another...can't we all be nice and respectful of one another??

And thank you Laura for your support on my rum raisin ice cream theory and your help on this one... :)
dh girlie said:
HAS HE GOTTEN BAD SINCE CRASH?!?!?! good lord...crash was the continuation of him sucking like nothing has ever sucked before...
How is the view from your high horse.
:) :cool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:

Hopefully you aren't this retarded in real life. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Hawkeye said:
No it wasn't. Zach wanted to go on to bigger and better things.

Now we know who went on to bigger and better things. Zach left those guys and they moved on.
I was really glad when RATM broke up. Their first album was one of the most amazing first releases of the 90's (for me anyway), but they started to loose me right away after that. Every successive album got more and more generic sounding, because there wasn't much room to expand on the style they had developed. Also, they decided to get all "low tech" and lost that really nice polished studio sound that made the first album so great. I can understand wanting to be true to your sound, but I thought they reproduced their songs so well live that it wasn't necessary.

I'm no huge fan of Audio Slave, but as an outlet for a really talented guitarist like Tom Morello, it's way better than RATM for he and his bandmates. As a fan of the early Soundgarden era I can't say I love the matchup of Chris Cornell with the guys from RATM. I just think his former band with their sound and songwriting complimented him better.

Sorry for the rant. Just something I was thinking about the other day when I heard some new Audio Slave on the radio.

Rant off.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Lex said:
I was really glad when RATM broke up. Their first album was one of the most amazing first releases of the 90's (for me anyway), but they started to loose me right away after that. Every successive album got more and more generic sounding, because there wasn't much room to expand on the style they had developed. Also, they decided to get all "low tech" and lost that really nice polished studio sound that made the first album so great. I can understand wanting to be true to your sound, but I thought they reproduced their songs so well live that it wasn't necessary.

I'm no huge fan of Audio Slave, but as an outlet for a really talented guitarist like Tom Morello, it's way better than RATM for he and his bandmates. As a fan of the early Soundgarden era I can't say I love the matchup of Chris Cornell with the guys from RATM. I just think his former band with their sound and songwriting complimented him better.

Sorry for the rant. Just something I was thinking about the other day when I heard some new Audio Slave on the radio.

Rant off.
I don't really think that's a rant.

Those RATM guys still wantd to make music and they are doing it. They are not dumb they knew getting a big name guy like cornell would sell records and they got him.

I enjoy Audioslave as well as RATM. I enjoyed the first AS CD right away this new one (released today) has taken me about 3 plays to warm up to. You are right Cornell takes a little bit of getting used to but I enjoy TM's reverb style and that is what I listen to more than the words or his somewhat over powerful voice.