Quantcast

Crankworx 2011: Live Thread

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Oh noes! Just saw on twitter that Transcend's bike was nicked during the Canadian Open!

@crankworx said:
ALERT! XS Specialized demo 2 bike stolen from near the CAD Open track near Heckler's rock. Some Monster Energy Specialized Team Parts
-ska todd

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
well, looks like Garbo DH will suck this year...NO ONE on the course for practice today and most pros I've talked with said they weren't interested to race it...bummer

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
well, looks like Garbo DH will suck this year...NO ONE on the course for practice today and most pros I've talked with said they weren't interested to race it...bummer
why is that? course suck? did it a few years ago (on a great condition day), and it was good times. would have liked to check it out if it weren't on a weekday (which of course is a pretty detrimental factor in terms of turnout).

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
That same mopheaded jerkfacehead and brobrah are announcing again.
Can we come up with some sort of drinking game involving malapropisms and misinformation?
Add points for brah's and hair flips and we'll all be drunk real quickly.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That same mopheaded jerkfacehead and brobrah are announcing again.
Can we come up with some sort of drinking game involving malapropisms and misinformation?
Add points for brah's and hair flips and we'll all be drunk real quickly.
It is colder on top of the mountain than at the bottom. Pro tip.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Watching it on my phone right now. Miss not having Warner.... maybe beer will help

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Half done with the first beer but the bourbon is starting to kick in.
It's going to be a total alcohol-induced shredfest on the road ride home.

Goldman did just suicide no-hander GLC though.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
ACC winning A-line by 7 seconds. I'd love to see her race a world cup again. She still seems to dominate.

-KT
A shame the commentator doesn't even listen to the answers she politely provides to his idiot questions, then asks them again.

Just awful.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
A shame the commentator doesn't even listen to the answers she politely provides to his idiot questions, then asks them again.

Just awful.
Yeah, the announcers are terrible. They really are clueless as to what/who they are announcing.

-KT

EDIT** GO NEEDLES!

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Last year i thought Mason Mashon did a good job off setting Tippie's hyperness but this year the over the top "bro-flavor" on the microphone is getting way old already...
Can he be any more clueless?
thems fightin words on PB.

edit: but i agree

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Last year i thought Mason Mashon did a good job off setting Tippie's hyperness but this year the over the top "bro-flavor" on the microphone is getting way old already...
Can he be any more clueless?
The bro-brahness is out of control, lack of name pronunciation and general lack of knowing anything about the sport. I like when Leigh was up there doing a pre race interview, those guys had no clue who she was or what she had done in the past-which is fine, but wouldn't you want to get some info/data on people you are interviewing?

Oh well, pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Yeah zinc is running a corsair short travel rig, Evil dh bike and hardtails though