Quantcast

Coil boinging on a budget

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Lighter wt oil, lower IFP pressure, re-valving, and drilling out the piston works wonders for the CR.

The wave washer on the LSC adjuster tends to break, other than that it's a solid shock.
I’m tempted to send a Van RC to Craig.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
I’m tempted to send a Van RC to Craig.
I recently got 2 back from Avy, only been able to ride the one on the little bike but it's pretty damn good.

Feels super soft and sensitive if just pushing on it, but rides higher/firmer than it did in stock form. I had to increase fork pressure to get the balance back.

Craig does good stuff with the Van RC/Bomber CR, currently a 3-4 month wait to get one from him. The spring perch he uses with the captured bottom out bumper system is sweet (on the big shock), lets you run the bigger ID springs as well so no rubbing on the body.

avy.jpg

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I recently got 2 back from Avy, only been able to ride the one on the little bike but it's pretty damn good.

Feels super soft and sensitive if just pushing on it, but rides higher/firmer than it did in stock form. I had to increase fork pressure to get the balance back.

Craig does good stuff with the Van RC/Bomber CR, currently a 3-4 month wait to get one from him. The spring perch he uses with the captured bottom out bumper system is sweet (on the big shock), lets you run the bigger ID springs as well so no rubbing on the body.

View attachment 210061
@djjohnr and @Redwood Mulch Chucker Ok, thanks guys! I’ll look into sending him one.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So, I had my maiden ride with the CR.

With a 350# coil the ride was smooth and composed. Sag is around 30%

Has mentioned, I feel it does have a bit to much compression. Running it full open and rebound is 3 clicks from full fast. I have yet to hit some relentless rock garden action at speeds to get a better feel of things. I can say it's different from my Float X, but neither better or worst.