Quantcast
Apr 8, 2003
kangaroo land.
I saw a carbon session at a dealer demo day last week, didn't realize this thread existed otherwise i would have spent more time going over it, sorry didn't have a camera with me.
it wasn't on display(stored in a back area) or able to be ridden, we were only allowed to look at it due to who i was with at the time.
What i can tell you is it's light, spec was as the pictures in this thread, same colours etc, boxxer,bontrager tyres and parts, dhx rc4.
I ride a commencal meta 5.5 which weighs in at 16.5 kg(with heavy parts and rohloff), the session was lighter than my meta.
It appeared to to be full carbon,very smooth appearance and has flip chips in the seat stay rocker to adjust geometry. The person i was with mentioned it was short for a medium while he was bouncing up and down on it.
To be honest i was more distracted by one of andy schlecks bikes next to it, now that was light, really really light, first time i'd seen di2 in action, pretty cool.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Well the pros probably dont ride them for a reason
It's because Pro's use custom ti springs that have wider coil spacings than normal ti springs that are ridiculously light, but don't last very long. Thus the air shock provides only minimal weight savings for them.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's because Pro's use custom ti springs that have wider coil spacings than normal ti springs that are ridiculously light, but don't last very long. Thus the air shock provides only minimal weight savings for them.
Are you sure it is all of them? My spring has wider spacing than Peatys to name one example.
Also - maybe the big team pros have access to special springs but I doubt it is true to privateers. It would make some sense to them, though using a too short spring if on rc4 would also be possible.

armada - as long as the sponsor isnt pushing a product really heavy you have a choice of his products as long as they are his/have his sticker. Ie dt1750/2350 on training vs race run in spec and previously santa.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So they are 2 pounds under the v10c? WTF? Is this really production weight or the same bs santa tried to use when they released the v10 and some crazy weights were floating around?

Also 820mm botranger bars and this:
WHEELS / DT 240 hubs, Bontrager Rhythm scandium 32 hole rims (TWR)

I'm interested in this 10x more than Im interested in the session.

Last edited:

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
and this:

same - i'm running 240s/dusters on my trail bike since the rhythm rims are supposedly only available in 28 hole. must be a TWR specific product.

according to this, gwin has been running 32 hole rhythms on his race bike and not the big earls which i assumed he was.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
So they are 2 pounds under the v10c? WTF? Is this really production weight or the same bs santa tried to use when they released the v10 and some crazy weights were floating around?

Also 820mm botranger bars and this:

about the bontrager wheels ???? we are trek dealer since 20 years+ wat you want to know

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Can any1 find this Bontrager 820mm CF bar?
What about scandium rims?
wat you want to know

bar Bontrager Rhythm Pro Carbon Lowrise 31.8mm 15rise 820mm

Color : Uni-Directional Carbon
Rise : 15mm
Bend : 9°
Clamp Size : 31.8mm

MSRP: $169.99

nothing available yet

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
curious to see when they actually start popping up. My experience with trek (at least with the multiple project one madone 6.9ssl's that we have ordered) is that they'll consistently give us a date that is way the hell off, bump it to an even further date, and then ship it within a week or so. They got in trouble a few years ago for promising too soon and not delivering, interested to see if it happens again.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
norbar,however everything rhythm pro is 28hole,some models are tubless some aren't.

I dont see the model you want,but im going to assume they will be tubless.
I can get you dimensions of all the wheels if you want to ball park an idea of these new ones.

p.s will,anything madone custom takes a buttload of time even if they are team colors and paying big money.

hell trek will even paint your name on it fi you want
I want a 6.9 di2 dura ace,I got a di2 ultegra 6.2 right infront of me

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
thats what i'm saying p-spec, they give us dates that are super far out (think 3 months for a custom order) and then it shows up at our shop a week later. I'm wondering if thats going to happen with the session 9.9. Also, If they're charging 4200 for a frame, they should have project 1 as an option.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
thats what i'm saying p-spec, they give us dates that are super far out (think 3 months for a custom order) and then it shows up at our shop a week later. I'm wondering if thats going to happen with the session 9.9. Also, If they're charging 4200 for a frame, they should have project 1 as an option.
it has been pushed back three times now. oct 15, nov 15 and now dec 15. apparently its a "supplier" issue but id take that with a grain of salt

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
it has been pushed back three times now. oct 15, nov 15 and now dec 15. apparently its a "supplier" issue but id take that with a grain of salt
x2 on the supplier part.
my rep said he was going to be bringing bikes soon,asked for the session and got no dice to have it come in lool.

my guess is more r&d for warrenty of the public ( this is just a guess on my behalf nothing set in stone with my assumption.