Quantcast

Camping for the Us Open?

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
toyes is getto...
they haven't been doing business for a couple years either besides creating more housing for rednecks and their trailers

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Has anyone stayed at it? They do have showers but are there sites decent?

Toye's Recreation‎
7 Babtown Road, Sussex, NJ 07461

I think i stayed there years ago....

It was a "Redneck rodeo" as soon as it got dark.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
Is there anywhere around to camp? They just have beaver hill and pleasant acres on the us open site.
You can try Wawayanda park but expect no booze and no fun. The park rangers are def not ones to be effed with either. If you are looking for a place to chill and sleep then look there. If you are looking to get a bit rowdy like most private camp grounds allow... look elsewhere.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I camped at High Point state park before. It kinda sucks because it is farther away than others and has no showers. Probably not a good place to be super rowdy (I think it says no booze or at least no glass) but the sites are spaced apart pretty well. Some sites are so rocky they had to put in wooden platforms to set up your tent on...

Yeah, the lodging situation at Diablo is teh suck. Camping options are few, and hotels are overpriced.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
The hotel at the base of the mtn isnt too bad if you split it with 4 people. The time/gas saved from driving back and forth from High Point, having a shower, kitchen and tv, and a balcony overlooking the pits is worth the extra price. The convenience is well worth the price. We stayed there 2 years ago and we only live an hour from the mtn but not having to drive for a few days, being able to drop heat in your own bathroom and cook meals were kick ass.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
The hotel at the base of the mtn isnt too bad if you split it with 4 people. The time/gas saved from driving back and forth from High Point, having a shower, kitchen and tv, and a balcony overlooking the pits is worth the extra price. The convenience is well worth the price. We stayed there 2 years ago and we only live an hour from the mtn but not having to drive for a few days, being able to drop heat in your own bathroom and cook meals were kick ass.
How is the hotel at the base of the mountain when it comes to bringing bikes up to the room? Some hotels can be a pain, just wondering since its new'ish, fancy and you have to walk right past the front desk.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
How is the hotel at the base of the mountain when it comes to bringing bikes up to the room? Some hotels can be a pain, just wondering since its new'ish, fancy and you have to walk right past the front desk.
We rolled the dice and used a diesel chain to lock the bikes to the truck. There are big no bikes inside signs and stuff but I think you could get away with it. Just go up the elevator/steps from the parking garage and avoid the lobby all together. We went in and out through the elevator in the parking garage when we were in Whistler. 5 guys went in and out twice a day for 8 days in place that didnt allow bikes and we had zero issues. I would think you could pull off the same at Diablo considering the summer there is dead and besides the guy at the desk, I dont remember seeing any staff.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Last year the bike check seemed secure and I didn't hear of any issues.

J

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
which room did you get for 4 people?