Quantcast

Brembro Brakes? (this summer)

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Zark said:
Anyone else wondering where the hell the 15 y/o stereotype thing came from? Is Biker Grove just suffering from the ill effects of bad English cooking?

This thread and the attitude was pretty mature until that twit started the bashing, name calling. Funny, its behavior that I'd expect from the 15y/olds he rants so much about.

Biker Grove, welcome to the ignore list :thumb:
FALSE

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
gastro said:
My ///M badge begs to differ... :p

but i'll grant you BMW made some crappy mountain bikes...

I wonder what Brembo can offer that's so much better than those companies who have been designing bike brakes for years?

Red calipers... Duh. What else is missing from the scene. That way people can spy your ride across the parking lot and know that you have the cheese in the bank for the bling and can take there whip down if they want too... Haven't you guys seen 2 Fast 2 furious yet? Jeez...

Zark said:
Anyone else wondering where the hell the 15 y/o stereotype thing came from? Is Biker Grove just suffering from the ill effects of bad English cooking?

This thread and the attitude was pretty mature until that twit started the bashing, name calling. Funny, its behavior that I'd expect from the 15y/olds he rants so much about.

Biker Grove, welcome to the ignore list :thumb:

true.... :monkey:

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Seriously.... I think it is a good sign that a big time high performance company thinks it is worth their time to make a product for our sport. Even if the product isn't even better than a M6 at least it shows that we aren't invisible to the big name 2 wheel companies. We need more companies with the size of Honda and such to bring media into our sport and hopefully give it a rebirth that will mean top pros aren't making 20k a year while NASCAR drivers snort coke off of hookers hips..

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
um i still run 6" rotors on my Hayes and they are plenty powerful, how bout someone designs a disc brake that is reliable, easy maintenence and the rotors don't bend.

SOil

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
The current Brembo system is not quite the true comercial version that will be widely available.
The system on the pics is manufactured by Brembo's racing department, in order to establish a basis to evolve the fully comercial system.
Only 250 systems are currently manufactured per year, hence the silly price tag.

Brembo is currently working with marzocchi to develop a brake range to be available in March '06.
This will be the trully comercial range, with a "normal" production rate, at 5000/year, and hence more reasonable prices.