Quantcast

Brembro Brakes? (this summer)

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
zedro said:
the tire has a finite tractive force, so i dont buy it.

it sounds like propaganda to me, great marketing buzz about how they know how to get so much power out of the brake it can snap forks and is too much for the worlds top riders.... :rolleyes: .....sounds like they meant to say 'had no modulation'
Yeah but anything sudden enough can use the wheel's own momentum against the fork. Impulse = force x time, right? To reduce a wheel's angular momentum from A to B, you need to do a certain amount of work... if you do it very suddenly (time = small) then the force has to be much higher. I don't think this is a case of "we put it on a bike, went down the street and it broke off the first time I touched the brakes", it's probably to do with fatigue... if it is indeed true (which I am inclined to believe it could be).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i don't think that even locking the disc instantly (branch in the "spokes" of the disc) should be enough to crack a modern disc mount... :think:

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
look at it this way fatman, like zedro said, there is a finite amount of grip the tyre can generate, and hell you can measure it in G's too as in force of gravity. what that means is that in whatever direction you are measuring, the tyre can hold (for the sake of argument) .75G that means that .75 times the weight on the tyre (rider+bike) is the force you're dealing with under braking, which is no where near enough on its own. point being is that you can't do enough Work because you can't generate enough Force within the kind of Time you'd need to.

another interesting tidbit is that Shimano lowered the power on their second gen deore hydro because of the target market. hell when they had those double rotor brakes all the riders found them too powerful, or too grabby more like.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
CreeP said:
look at it this way fatman, like zedro said, there is a finite amount of grip the tyre can generate, and hell you can measure it in G's too as in force of gravity. what that means is that in whatever direction you are measuring, the tyre can hold (for the sake of argument) .75G that means that .75 times the weight on the tyre (rider+bike) is the force you're dealing with under braking, which is no where near enough on its own. point being is that you can't do enough Work because you can't generate enough Force within the kind of Time you'd need to.

another interesting tidbit is that Shimano lowered the power on their second gen deore hydro because of the target market. hell when they had those double rotor brakes all the riders found them too powerful, or too grabby more like.
Mate, I'm an engineering student. I do have some grasp of the concept of finite traction. I never said that would cause breakage. And if you'd care to read my post mentioning fatigue and rotational momentum, then feel free to respond to THAT.

Toshi: have you tested that, using a stick EVERY time you brake, so as to stress the metal REPEATEDLY under typical quasi-cyclical conditions?

Anyway, back to the point. If you don't believe it's possible, fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. I however, do think there's a reasonable chance that it's true. If you think I'm lying/wrong/whatever, keep telling me, because I don't really care that much :)

Biker Grove said:
Who cares about Brembo, really? Most Italian engineering is good for performance/speed but the actual quality/reliability of their products is poor, bar Marzocchi. (which is weird) Brembo, not unlike mountain bike products are very over-hyped. Brembo actually make some pretty average and some tacky stuff. Check out an AP Racing, Alcon, Mov-It, Rotora caliper, that'll show you, you can do far better than Brembo. In motorsports, isn't it funny how only one Formula 1 team (Ferrari) use Brembo? Nearly all the rest use AP Racing (British). Same with Rally, nearly all the teams use Alcon (British again). I'm not too sure about superbikes, and what brakes they use, but I'm quite sure they don't use Brembo. Maybe Braking? It just goes to show the hype surrounding Brembo just looking at what has been written on the thread. Stick to your Hopes, Hayes etc..Well, until Akebono brings a brake out anyway......

Stick to cars fella.
Brembo supplies many top superbike and GP teams with brakes.
I'm not saying they are gonna be the holy grail of MTB brakes but your jumping the gun for bashing them and their not even released yet.
Anyway, as far as i see it more competition will yield better product and prices for the consumers in the end.

You think the Akebono's are gonna be cheaper than the Brembo's?
Hardly. :rolleyes:

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
LOOnatic said:
Stick to cars fella.
Brembo supplies many top superbike and GP teams with brakes.
I'm not saying they are gonna be the holy grail of MTB brakes but your jumping the gun for bashing them and their not even released yet.
Anyway, as far as i see it more competition will yield better product and prices for the consumers in the end.

You think the Akebono's are gonna be cheaper than the Brembo's?
Hardly. :rolleyes:
No, you PROBABLY just heard that they do. They might supply the AMA superbikes in America, but not the European superbikes, I'm sure. Brembo suck. Almost everyone into cars/superbikes etc know Brembo pretty much suck. It's funny how most Impreza owners swap over the Brembo's to AP Racing, Alcon or Mov-It, isn't it?

Who said I was bashing the ACTUAL mountain bike brake? I was simply saying that Brembo are over-rated and that no e-speculation should be made regarding this new brake, based on the hype and **** that everyone says off Brembo's other brakes. See this thread for examples of people and the hype they have heard regarding Brembo's car/superbike brakes.

Yeah, you're right about more competition etc.

Since when did I say the Brembo's were too expensive in general tems? Erm, NEVER. I know they are most likely too expensive for what they are, like all brembo brakes. You assume too much fella. As for Akebono, I feel they'd be at a higher price, but possibly be more worth the cash, especially as they are being developed with Honda (and the gearbox bike), who make MX bikes also- not too far away from DH in many respects.

Peace

Biker Grove said:
No, you PROBABLY just heard that they do. Brembo suck. Almost everyone into cars/superbikes etc know Brembo pretty much suck. It's funny how most Impreza owners swap over the Brembo's to AP Racing, Alcon or Mov-It, isn't it?

Who said I was bashing the ACTUAL mountain bike brake? I was simply saying that Brembo are over-rated and that no e-speculation should be made regarding this new brake, based on the hype and **** that everyone says off Brembo's other brakes. See this thread for examples of people and the hype they have heard regarding Brembo's car/superbike brakes.

Since when did I say the Brembo's were too expensive in general tems? Erm, NEVER. I know they are most likely too expensive for what they are, like all brembo brakes. You assume too much fella. As for Akebono, I feel they'd be at a higher price, but possibly be more worth the cash, especially as they are being developed with Honda (and the gearbox bike), who make MX bikes also- not too far away from DH in many respects.

Peace

Well i have actually raced superbikes and actually used Brembo's so i have some clue of what i speak.
The brembo's i ran worked alot better over the stock CBR 600 rotor and caliper.
That is why i am willing to see if they can compare with the current MTB brake options.
Brembo makes cheap,midline and high grade brakes just like Hayes etc.
You seem to have a sour spot for Brembo just because they are common in the car world.
I assume nothing.
They might suckreal bad.
All i said was lets wait and see ......
Your saying that Brembo's are cheap, made bad and are crap then you say you are not assuming anything about the MTB brake.
You can't have it both ways .

Just be honest and admit that you have a vendetta against brembo for some reason and lets move on.

Oh, why is Honda running formula brakes and not the Akebono's?

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
LOOnatic said:
Well i have actually raced superbikes and actually used Brembo's so i have some clue of what i speak.
The brembo's i ran worked alot better over the stock CBR 600 rotor and caliper.
That is why i am willing to see if they can compare with the current MTB brake options.
Brembo makes cheap,midline and high grade brakes just like Hayes etc.
You seem to have a sour spot for Brembo just because they are common in the car world.
I assume nothing.
They might suckreal bad.
All i said was lets wait and see ......
Your saying that Brembo's are cheap, made bad and are crap then you say you are not assuming anything about the MTB brake.
You can't have it both ways .

Just be honest and admit that you have a vendetta against brembo for some reason and lets move on.

Oh, why is Honda running formula brakes and not the Akebono's?
Oh, and I suppose I know nothing. Where did I say that Brembo didn't work adequately/good? Never. Again: stop assuming. The thing I did say though was Brembo are poorly made, flexy (yes they are flexy on road cars due to road cars being heavier than race cars) and look cheap, plus they are overpriced. The point was, that for that price Brembo should have better build quality ontheir new DH brake. If they lowered the price on all their brakes, including the DH brake, they'd be great, as it is though, they're a ripoff. Got it now? And yes poorly built, cheap looking brakes can work effectively and well, just see Hayes for evidence of that.

I'm willing to see too, I'd love to try a pair. But I wouldn't buy them unless they improved the quality to warrant that ridiculous price tag.

You assume nothing? Yeah right. You do, you take 2+2 and get 6 out of everything I say. Your last two posts have been purely assumptious.

Yeah I've a sour spot and vendetta- great work. That is pathetic. A vendetta? Ha ha. For ****s sake that is so exaggerative and sensationalist! No, what I have a "vendetta" against is: 1) people mincing my words, and 2)companies who charge way over the odds for their cheap, poorly made tat.

Two different Honda teams. Some Honda teams (in Japan mainly) use Akebono, others use formula (Europe etc).

Ok, got it now Mr Assumption?

Good! Peace

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
To summarize; Brembo are way over-rated/ hyped. You guys have fallen for the hype. Their brakes look cheap. They are way over priced. They are poorly built. However, they do work well, but not as well as other brakes, which are also better made eg AP Racing, MOV-IT, Alcon etc. So what if Brembo supply some superbike and the F1 Ferrari teams? Just because a pro uses it TO RACE, doesn't mean it is necessarily good. There are of course exceptions to that rule though, but Brembo isn't one of them. Most car racing brakes are useless on road cars (which most people drive), so how can you judge Brembo's DH brake for the everyday DH biker by their 'supposed' racing successes in motorsports? Brembos brakes for normal road cars, are crap. A racing caliper is way different to a aftermarket caliper and not suitable for your road going hot hatch etc. Racing calipers are too light and flexy for heavy road cars.

And If someone showed that same brake without Brembo written on it, would you still feel the same about it? Yeah the DH Brembo brake might work good etc, but for that price, and with that crap quality, it is a rip-off.

All the fun of sharing a forum with misinformed 15 year olds lol

Biker Grove said:
To summarize; Brembo are way over-rated/ hyped. You guys have fallen for the hype. Their brakes look cheap. They are way over priced. They are poorly built. However, they do work well, but not as well as other brakes, which are also better made. So what if Brembo supply some superbike/F1 (Ferrari) teams? Just because a pro uses it, doesn't mean it is necessarily good, their are of course exceptions to that rule though, but Brembo isn't one of them. Most car racing brakes are useless on road cars (which most people drive), so how can you judge Brembo's DH brake for the everyday DH biker by their 'supposed' racing successes in motorsports? Brembos brakes for normal road cars, are crap.

If someone showed that same brake without Brembo written on it, would you still feel the same about it? Yeah the DH Brembo brake might work good etc, but for that price it is a rip-off.

All the fun of sharing a forum with misinformed 15 year olds lol
Go elsewhere mate.
You have all kinds of opinions which is fine but you can't back them up without getting pissy.
How about sharing with us why and how Brembo's are cheaply made and flexy?
They might be pricey but so what? Most MTB parts are.
You either buy it or don't.

I'm not saying that Brembo's are the shiznit but all you do is whine about them yet you state you would like to try them anyway.
And they are not released yet.

So you say they blow for road cars
Fine. Thats not my area of specialty.
However,they have and do make good brakes for motorcycles as does AP, Lockheed, wilwood, etc.

If they make a good brake for moto then its possible they can for MTB.
Thats all i'm saying.

Your anti brembo because you don't care for their car brakes.
I'm pro Brembo because i liked them on my Honda moto.

Thats it.

Lets just wait to bash them for whatever reasons when they make it to production. Who knows, they price may come down.
If they suck royally then you can remind me then.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
JRogers said:
Word. Chill out, guy.
Here comes a 15 year old who thinks that because I'm not agreeing with him and his chums then I must automatically be ranting and raving, and that I obviously know nothing because he knows more because he read it on the Brembo site bla bla. Great work.

Listen up: I don't agree with you, just face it. I don't care. Now stop talking nonsense and realise people are entitled to their own opinions and that there is nothing you can do about it. Some people are more informed than you, deal with it. Stop listening to hype, pull your head out the sand and see things for what they really are.

Peace.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
LOOnatic said:
Go to Pinkbike mate.
You have all kinds of opinions which is fine but you can't back them up without getting pissy.
How about sharing with us why and how Brembo's are cheaply made and flexy?
They might be pricey but so what? Most MTB parts are.
You either buy it or don't.

I'm not saying that Brembo's are the shiznit but all you do is whine about them yet you state you would like to try them anyway.
And they are not released yet.

So you say they blow for road cars
Fine. Thats not my area of specialty.
However,they have and do make good brakes for motorcycles as does AP, Lockheed, wilwood, etc.

If they make a good brake for moto then its possible they can for MTB.
Thats all i'm saying.

Your anti brembo because you don't care for their car brakes.
I'm pro Brembo because i liked them on my Honda moto.

Thats it.

Lets just wait to bash them for whatever reasons when they make it to production. Who knows, they price may come down.
If they suck royally then you can remind me then.
And why should I go to Pinkbike? Is your sorry ass getting agitated? I have heard this site is full of uptight, narrow-minded snobby 15 year old racer types. Thanks for clarifying/proving that. I'm not getting pissy mate, believe me. I'm being sarcastic because all you guys sound like you have been brainwashed by Brembos marketing campaign or you work for them. It's quite funny really.

Brembos are cheaply made, the paint is well known for pealing on them when they get hot, and they are just nasty looking. See a thread about these brakes on Bustedspoke forums. A guy on their will back me up. Not that I know the guy, but you get what I'm saying, he will say what I have.

Brembo's race brakes, which you are all judging Brembo as a company by, are no good for heavy road cars, due to the added weight- they flex and are underpoweed. A lighter car needs less force to stop. Brembos aftermarket brakes are crap too, because they are too racelike, so why do you think their every man DH brake will be anything special? Brembo only make good performing race brakes, and as I said they are still only used on F1 Ferraris. Most high end Ferrari road cars use Mov-It, as do Porsche.

"Most MTB parts are". Don't I know it. Most the tat coming out of the USA is overpriced here in the UK. "You either buy it or don't" I don't, I buy the decent USA stuff.

Yeah, you've got it, all I do is whine on about Brembos. I even send them hate mail, you know? I would like to try them, just for curiositys sake and to see if my idea of them is correct, which I think it will be.

Well Brembo road brakes are not as good as Tarox, AP, Braking, Akebono, Nissin etc in build quality. When will you get it in your head that I have not said anything about the performance of Brembos, only the quality?

Yeah, but most motocross bikes use Nissin and Akebono. And again, it's quality. I pay a high price, I want quality and performance. Brembo only offer performance, if they drop the price that'd be great, but as it is- no thanks.

No I don't like any of their tat until they LOWER THE PRICE. Get it right, dude.

Ok, dude. We'll see. Peace out.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
ok, the lot of you should grow up. you're bickering like so many two year olds and from what i can tell you haven't even seen pics of the thing.

here:

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
CreeP said:
ok, the lot of you should grow up. you're bickering like so many two year olds and from what i can tell you haven't even seen pics of the thing.

here:

Yeah, you're right, I haven't seen them pics before. Well done. Where did you pull that idea from? Your ass? How many two years old's have you seen bicker, dumbass? Moreso, how many two year olds have you seen bicker on a forum regarding such a discussion as brakes? Exactly how am I bickering? Please do tell me Mr In-the-know. Quite how someone can think so irrationally is beyond me. And you tell us to grow up? Look at yourself Mr 15 year old Internet tough guy!

Oh and do you really think your $$$s are going towards quality? NO: they are going towards Brembo's R&D costs, and also no doubt some money will go towards Brembo's marketing campaign costs for the car/superbike brakes market. So don't think you are paying for quality. You are paying for a name, and the above mentioned. Just looking at the damn things you can see they look cheap and nasty. Even the bolts are cheap crap. Hope Mono brakes look far better made.

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
Biker Grove said:
No, you PROBABLY just heard that they do. They might supply the AMA superbikes in America, but not the European superbikes, I'm sure. Brembo suck. Almost everyone into cars/superbikes etc know Brembo pretty much suck. It's funny how most Impreza owners swap over the Brembo's to AP Racing, Alcon or Mov-It, isn't it?

Peace

You are funny. You should stop reading car magazines and actually ride. It sounds as if you have zero experience with those brakes other than from standing around in the Starbucks parking lot and drooling over the latest installment of fast and furious.
At least in the motorcycle world, brembo brakes (and master cyclinders) are generally recognized as the best and are used in WSB as well as the AMA and MotoGP. Hell, if I could afford them, I would love a set of the mono-block calipers. Anyway, while looks really shouldn't matter, their moto brakes look bad-ass too. Check them out

Attachments

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Biker Grove said:
And why should I go to Pinkbike? Is your sorry ass getting agitated? I have heard this site is full of uptight, narrow-minded snobby 15 year old racer types. Thanks for clarifying/proving that. I'm not getting pissy mate, believe me.
please leave. your fixation with "15 year olds" and inability to discuss the merits of a unreleased product without insulting everyone else shows that you won't fit in here.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
the law said:
You are funny. You should stop reading car magazines and actually ride. It sounds as if you have zero experience with those brakes other than from standing around in the Starbucks parking lot and drooling over the latest installment of fast and furious.
At least in the motorcycle world, brembo brakes (and master cyclinders) are generally recognized as the best and are used in WSB as well as the AMA and MotoGP. Hell, if I could afford them, I would love a set of the mono-block calipers. Anyway, while looks really shouldn't matter, their moto brakes look bad-ass too. Check them out
Thanks, good to see you idiots laughing at yourself, which was intentional. You're all so narrow minded, and brainwashed it's fun to poke fun at you and make you laugh at yourselves. My work has been done. Because you would know that I read car magazines, wouldn't you Mr All knowing Yank, right?

Em, I don't live in America, dip****, and I don't like Fast and the Furious it's a load of crap IMO. Stop assuming. Another dumbass 15 year old who knows very little, assumes EVERYTHING.

They are not the best. Go pick up an AP or Nissin, far better. Here we go again, "they are used in racing bla bla." What's your point? Rockshox and Manipoo, Hayes, Progressive etc etc are used in racing and are a pile of ****e... see what I'm saying? Just because something is raced, doesn't mean ****. It doesn't mean it will hold up to everyday use, and warrant it's price tag. I'm talking about the everyday user who doesn't get free stuff, who has to pay their rip-off prices. And Brembo aren't used in many European races, only American ones like the AMA.

Looks matter if you're paying Brembo's rip off prices.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Toshi said:
please leave. your fixation with "15 year olds" and inability to discuss the merits of a unreleased product without insulting everyone else shows that you won't fit in here.
Why don't you leave? Yeah I've a fixation with 15 year olds. Great conclusion. I guess I must have offended you right, Mr 15 year old yank who knows piss all, yer?

I don't know- this forum is full of 15 year old pseudo-intellectual, media/hype-fed, highly-strung idiots who hate anyone having a differing opinion to them. Why not open your minds and pull your head out your asses and stop lapping up hype and over-zealous marketing campaigns you gullible, narrow-minded idiots? It's laughable, truly laughable. Most of you need a Super Monster slammed in your faces! lol

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Biker Grove said:
Why don't you leave? Yeah I've a fixation with 15 year olds. Great conclusion. I guess I must have offended you right, Mr 15 year old yank who knows piss all, yer?

I don't know- this forum is full of 15 year old pseudo-intellectual, media/hype-fed, highly-strung idiots who hate anyone having a differing opinion to them. Why not open your minds and pull your head out your asses and stop lapping up hype and over-zealous marketing campaigns you gullible, narrow-minded idiots? It's laughable, truly laughable. Most of you need a Super Monster slammed in your faces! lol
yeah, you got me right, i'm a 15-year-old, pseudo-intellectual, highly-strung idiot. exactly. you're not offensive so much as annoying...

:think:

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
Biker Grove said:
Thanks, good to see you idiots laughing at yourself, which was intentional. You're all so narrow minded, and brainwashed it's fun to poke fun at you and make you laugh at yourselves. My work has been done. Because you would know that I read car magazines, wouldn't you Mr All knowing Yank, right?

Em, I don't live in America, dip****, and I don't like Fast and the Furious it's a load of crap IMO. Stop assuming. Another dumbass 15 year old who knows very little, assumes EVERYTHING.

They are not the best. Go pick up an AP or Nissin, far better. Here we go again, "they are used in racing bla bla." What's your point? Rockshox and Manipoo, Hayes, Progressive etc etc are used in racing and are a pile of ****e... see what I'm saying? Just because something is raced, doesn't mean ****. It doesn't mean it will hold up to everyday use, and warrant it's price tag. I'm talking about the everyday user who doesn't get free stuff, who has to pay their rip-off prices. And Brembo aren't used in many European races, only American ones like the AMA.

Looks matter if you're paying Brembo's rip off prices.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. :nopity: Some day even you will be able to ride your bike without training wheels. :D In the meantime rest assured that not only am I not American, but I also have lived on more continents than you are ever likely to visit. Since you are out of your league, why don't you stop arguing and admit that you have a poster of Van Diesel in Fast & Furious hanging above your bed.

Edit: By the way, at least get your facts straight. Brembos are also popular with teams in BSB (e.g. Crescent Suzuki).

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Anyone else wondering where the hell the 15 y/o stereotype thing came from? Is Biker Grove just suffering from the ill effects of bad English cooking?

This thread and the attitude was pretty mature until that twit started the bashing, name calling. Funny, its behavior that I'd expect from the 15y/olds he rants so much about.

Biker Grove, welcome to the ignore list :thumb:

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Biker Grove, all I hear from you is how bad brembos are for road cars. This is a cycling forum if you didn't notice, maybe you should go bitch about brembos at a car site. In reality, I could care less how well brembos preform on road cars. All I care about is how well their MTB brake preforms. And none of us will know that until it is released. It could be great, it could suck. But baseing your opinions about their MTB brakes on their preformance of their car brakes has a few holes in it. Mainly, your comparing brake systems from machines that only have one main similarity, wheeles. Car brakes undergo a lot more different and stronger forces and torques that bike brakes. Cars are heavier, go faster and undergo more extreme braking manuvers than bikes do. Your really comparing apples and oranges. Also, assuming everyone here is a "fifteen year old, pseudo-intellectual, highly-strung idiot," I believe is the way you put it, is a good way to show everyone here that your a close-minded, unintelligent, jack-off thats not worth paying attention too. Have fun with that :nuts:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Jeremy R said:
So when Mr Brembo bent you over, I can only assume no lube was applied?

Bwhahahaha...

I agree with the little to add part. Gustavs, Grimeca/ Shimano and Hopes seems to be already good enough. I wish grimeca would have some sort of customer service though. :dead:

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
thaflyinfatman said:
Impulse = force x time, right? ....
you are still limited to the tires tractive abilities, and time works into that side of the equation also, action and reaction. Plus throw in other factors mentioned like spokes, tire and associated deflections and you get a limited impulse.

is it possible for the brakes to reach temperatures that would over-age aluminum lowers?

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Looks like all the 15 year old lady boys took offense to my differing opinions. :nopity: Now it's hand bags at dawn. You sound like little pussy-ass bitching girls, it's really funny. Your comments and insults really bother me. Try them in the playground not on a forum you pre-pubescent retards.

TOSHI: "yeah, you got me right, i'm a 15-year-old, pseudo-intellectual, highly-strung idiot. exactly. you're not offensive so much as annoying..."

I thought as much ****face! Well so I'm not so much offensive as annoying, right? Well I still succeeded at one of them. What did you succeed at other than sounding like a typical narrow-minded, clueless yank jerk-off, hey? Think about it...

JEREMY R: "So when Mr Brembo bent you over, I can only assume no lube was applied?"

You're hilarious dude. Maybe you would be even more hilarious if you wasn't such a fooking retard, huh? What do you think?

THE LAW: "Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Some day even you will be able to ride your bike without training wheels. In the meantime rest assured that not only am I not American, but I also have lived on more continents than you are ever likely to visit. Since you are out of your league, why don't you stop arguing and admit that you have a poster of Van Diesel in Fast & Furious hanging above your bed.

Edit: By the way, at least get your facts straight. Brembos are also popular with teams in BSB (e.g. Crescent Suzuki)"

Yeah I'm feeling sorry for myself. Great logic there. Ever considered trying to think rationally? Yeah that is hilarious. Maybe if you got out and rode your bike sometime you might live up to the all knowing, super racer you, like all your RM buddies, try to come across as, you hack. Oooh, "my dads bigger than your dad" arguments are coming. Oh no. You fifteen year olds should go get layed or summat instead of hanging out on these forums all day talking out your narrow-minded, media whore, hype-fed asses. :rolleyes: So you have lived on more continents than me, hey? Exactly how do you know that? Do you think I'd really give two fooks if you had? ASSUMING again. You guys really ought to stop assuming, stop listening to hype, and actually learn something factual.

Yeah I'm way out of my league argueing with a bunch of narrow-minded, slow-witted, clueless fifteen year olds who know **** all about nothing, and cant seem to grasp the idea I might be being ironic/sarcastic and not ranting as they think. Great work there, dickfart. Maybe if you didn't assume so much you might know about something instead of just recircling hype/BS, you ****ing nonse.

Yeah I have a poster. And you know that, how.....? Oh yeah, that's right; you don't, so shut your little worthless mouth. Only talk when you know what you're talking about, ok? You make yourself sound ridiculous. There's a good boy.

So a team uses them, TO RACE, yes TO RACE. When will you get it into your stupid, idiotic empty head that I am on about Brembo from an "every man," consumer, point of view? As in a everyday non-racer guy who'll buy after market brakes off the shelf, not some factory racer who gets it all for free. Like I said before, who cares what the pros use? They are PAID to use it, if it ****s up, it isn't coming out their back pocket. The pros use Rockshox, Manipoo which are American crap. The pro Nascar racers use ****ty American cars (all American cars are cheap, nasty, tinny ****e BTW- so **** you yanks) etc, etc. So go find another argument if you can somehow work your small mind hard enough, cock breath.

ZARK: "Anyone else wondering where the hell the 15 y/o stereotype thing came from? Is Biker Grove just suffering from the ill effects of bad English cooking?"

You're mainly fifteen year old wannabe industry bigwig or racer guys, on RM, who try to sound knowledgeable and intelligent but actually circle a load hype around amongst other such BS you pull out your asses. That last sentence is pretty rich coming from a citizen of America, which has the highest obesity rates in the world, and is full of fat, lazy ****ers who never walk anywhere, and live off a staple diet of hamburgers and steaks. Can you say "hypocrite" you worthless American sack of ****?

"This thread and the attitude was pretty mature until that twit started the bashing, name calling. Funny, its behavior that I'd expect from the 15y/olds he rants so much about.

Biker Grove, welcome to the ignore list"

Yeah because having your own opinion and not being a ****ing brainwashed gullible, hype-fed idiot who believes all the marketing crap is WAY immature isn't it?

Well, you'd know about the sort of behaviour that'd come from a 15 year old, wouldn't you? Where's the name calling ****face? Oh no, you've put me on your ignore list. What do you want? Me to feel upset/resentful? Ha ha. Get over yourself American POS.

SLEEPINGGIANT:"Biker Grove, all I hear from you is how bad brembos are for road cars. This is a cycling forum if you didn't notice, maybe you should go bitch about brembos at a car site. In reality, I could care less how well brembos preform on road cars. All I care about is how well their MTB brake preforms. And none of us will know that until it is released. It could be great, it could suck. But baseing your opinions about their MTB brakes on their preformance of their car brakes has a few holes in it. Mainly, your comparing brake systems from machines that only have one main similarity, wheeles. Car brakes undergo a lot more different and stronger forces and torques that bike brakes. Cars are heavier, go faster and undergo more extreme braking manuvers than bikes do. Your really comparing apples and oranges"

Erm, yeah, way to go to try patronising me Mr fifteen year old who thinks he knows everything but knows ****all. Yeah so tell me this dickfart, if Brembos car brakes are over-priced, cheap looking and poorly made, why would their DH brake be any different, huh? And, as I have said before, but your tiny, idiotic american ass cant undestand; I am on about the fact that some of you guys are like "oh yeah, Brembo DH brakes! They should be good brakes, because Brembo make some of the best car brakes etc" You see what I mean now you jerks? Yeah a car brake is a world away from a DH brake etc, but the manufacturing company will be the same and manufacturing techniques will be pretty much the same too, but on a smaller scale. So tell me this: why would Brembo suddenly start producing a DH brake that is better quality than their car brakes or uses different/more advanced manufacturing techniques? See my point now you ****ers? I was talking about Brembo in general terms regarding their products. I WASN'T comparing apples to oranges in regards to PERFORMANCE etc, only the BUILD QUALITY.

"But you're basing your opinions about their MTB brakes on their preformance of their car brakes"

Again, for the thousanth time, seeing as though you jerks are a bit slow and seem to mince my words so much; I'm NOT basing my opinion of Brembos DH brake on their car brakes PERFORMANCE, I am basing it on their BUILD QUALITY. I said the performance of Brembo's is good, I was refering to the build quality, finish etc of Brembos NOTHING about the performance. So why don't you read my posts and get a clue you fooking stupid yank waste of skin? Why not read the whole thread before you butt in your clueless ass? Next time, keep your cock-hole shut, before you make yourself look a jerk again. Oh and go **** yourself you waste of space. If you are going to criticize me, at least get a clue of what you're talking about first. Dolt.

"close-minded, unintelligent, jack-off thats not worth paying attention too. Have fun with that "

Yeah, you've got me there. One question: can you say "hypocrite"? So if I'm unintelligent, what does that make you, ****er?

TRANSCEND: "bye, dumbass." Yeah, I'm a dumbass because I know more than you and your dumbass pals about Brembos. You're the ****ing dumbass. Go end your life, you waste of skin.

THE LAW: "Too funny. I am sure he will not be sorely missed."

Aren't you witty? I doubt you'd be sorely missed either if some niggar puts a gun in your mouth sometime soon. Dip****.

So all you ****ing brainwashed retards, go out and buy your Brembo's based on the hype you have read, and the fact that the racers use them, oh and that so-and-so racing car team use them etc. Just don't start crying when they don't live up to all the hype you gullible morons believed, and they flex, the paint chips off and they look crap and don't hold up in everyday/real life usage/situations. Testing on a racetrack is one thing, repeated, long duration usage on a highway is another.

SUMMARY: Again for you slow, clueless idiots who mix and twist my words and then talk crap, and assume too much: Brembo's PERFORM well. Got that cockface?! No? Well go end your life. Brembo DH brakes will no doubt share manufacturing techniques/design principles with the other brakes Brembo make. Brembo's car/motorbike brakes are cheap looking, tacky and poorly made and way overpriced, so why should their DH brake be any different? No I'm not comparing apples to oranges, I was simply refering to guys in this thread saying the DH brake will be good because Brembo supposedly (in their opinion) makes good car brakes and other bull**** about racing car teams who use them etc. I just wanted to tell you the truth about Brembos car/motorbike stuff and that not to base your e=speculation of their DH brake, based on it, because it's just BS hype.

And as I said earlier, do you really think your $$$s are going towards quality? NO: they are going towards Brembo's R&D costs, and also no doubt some money will go towards Brembo's marketing campaign costs for the car/superbike brakes market. So don't think you are paying for quality. You are paying for a name, and the above mentioned. Just looking at the damn things you can see they look cheap and nasty. Even the bolts are cheap crap. Hope Mono brakes look far better made.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
I feel like saying this, because I hate you yank fookers so much:

So why not all of you go fook off now I've handed all your asses on a plate to you. Go do your homework or something. No wonder yanks are ****ing dumbasses...

You yanks suck, going to war just to get your oil, hey? Pathetic, really. You fat tossers will blow up any couintry to get what you want, wouldn't you? Anything to please your own lazy fat ass and fook everyone else on the planet. I hope those Iraquis come blow your sh!t heap of a country up and get back all that oil you greedy, self-important fookers nicked off them. All the fooking Texans winning the oil deals out there, so you fat, lazy, selfish, humorless, gushing, sensationalist, homo assholes can fill your huge, cheap, sh!tty, horrible trucks with fuel. You selfish tossers are hated everywhere. I hope the iraquis blow you fookers up, and do the job properly. FOOK YOU.

So shove that in your pipe and smoke it, fookers. You won't have anything on this.

Oh, and BAN ME, am I supposed to give a ****? Sorry to dissapoint you, but I don't.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Oh and your armed forces are a bunch of high-school drop-out morons. Absolute, fooking, imcompetant, mediocre assholes. It's so laughable.

It's so laughable also, how you assholes speak. Stop gushing and going "OMG!!!!!! That's DA BOMB!" It sounds so cheesy and homosexual. All your women are bottle blond stupid dumbass bitches, who just talk all the time about nothing other than complete BS or the latest shoes/perfume. Idiots. Yanks suck.

Oh, and dickfarts: stop saying how much you hate the French when you buy their fooking clothes, their perfumes, their cheese, their wines, their beauty products, their fooking bottled water, Michelins among other stuff. Think about how ironic it is you stupid fooking half-wits.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
did a little translation, the colums are:
model, rotor size in mm, pad compound type, braking force while wet in newtons, braking force dry in newtons, weight in grams, and price in euros.

Just from an initial look, it seems magura brakes are really powerful, and that the brembo brakes are an awful solution for a consumer (high price, but not bad if you're getting them for free)

Another thing I noticed was the very small difference between the el camino wet and dry performance.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
zedro said:
you are still limited to the tires tractive abilities, and time works into that side of the equation also, action and reaction. Plus throw in other factors mentioned like spokes, tire and associated deflections and you get a limited impulse.

is it possible for the brakes to reach temperatures that would over-age aluminum lowers?
The rotational momentum doesn't have to have anything to do with the tyres, imagine if you lifted the whole bike off the ground, spun the wheels up to a high speed, then suddenly stopped it.

Good point about the deflections limiting impulse though, I hadn't thought of that. However... most fork lowers are magnesium aren't they (unless the fork is inverted)? What temperature range is magnesium generally workable in (ie before you start getting any temperature-induced side effects)? I can't remember that stuff off the top of my head and also CBF looking it up.