Quantcast

Braaap - Vegas SX Finals.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Tomac with a huge win last weekend after Hansen tried to put him in row 15. Now Tomac is only a couple of points behind Tickle and Tomac has the tie breaker.

I'm liking this years format of the heats being the main for each coast and the main being the shootout.

East Lites looks to be Barcia's

450 title seems to be RV's with only needing to finish 5th or better but anything could happen with the way the season has gone.

Should be good.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Really? The season's done already? Am I imagining things, or did it only start like 2 months ago?

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Tomac with a huge win last weekend after Hansen tried to put him in row 15.
meh, that was nothing more than an aggressive pass attempt. Anyone who says it was anything more needs to harden the f*ck up. The guy was racing for a title and made an unwise decision. Hansen should have sat back and waited for a better opportunity. He was in second and, as a rookie in the class, Eli has a short history of making small mistakes out there that allow others to catch up or get by. I'm a big Eli fan, but let's be honest, he doesn't quite have Hanny's speed in SX, yet.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
meh, that was nothing more than an aggressive pass attempt. Anyone who says it was anything more needs to harden the f*ck up. The guy was racing for a title and made an unwise decision. Hansen should have sat back and waited for a better opportunity. He was in second and, as a rookie in the class, Eli has a short history of making small mistakes out there that allow others to catch up or get by. I'm a big Eli fan, but let's be honest, he doesn't quite have Hanny's speed in SX, yet.
Good points, but Lil Hannys move would be 'just racin' if he was 17, 18 yrs old, first season of lites, or 2nd, or 5th etc......But Hanny has been in the lites class since 2003, move on and quit trying to punt everyone for the win. ;)

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Good points, but Lil Hannys move would be 'just racin' if he was 17, 18 yrs old, first season of lites, or 2nd, or 5th etc......But Hanny has been in the lites class since 2003, move on and quit trying to punt everyone for the win. ;)
Alright, I'll take the bait. Saying he's been in that class since 2003 is a bit misleading since he did spend two years (if you could call them that) in 450 class - one at JGR, another at H&H.

Personally, I'm against the idea that 250s is a development class and that you can point out of it. As long as those teams are willing to pay large sums of money to riders competing in that class, I say any pro should be eligible.

And I'm sure you read this before, but Hanny is not the only rider to "poach" that class for the bulk of his pro career. You're not gonna harsh on Ramsey are you? Lamson? Hughes? Langston? The list goes on.

As for his idiotic pass attempt and him being old enough to know better - I'm of the opinion we all learn the same lessons in life, just not at the same time. Some get their heart broken in high school, some at age 50. Some learn patience in college, some when they have children. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why my heads hurts the morning after I drink too much the nite before!