Quantcast

Bootleg Race. Feb 17, 18

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
...been racin there for 7 years, wouldn't miss it. Usually a lot of fast guys there so bring your A game. Course will be really rough, technical and fast.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The Santa Barbaran rock hound in me is interested.
The broke-ass in an expensive city in me says "save some money for Whislter."

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
I'd be needing a different set of wheels/tires I assume.... This could be quite the expensive trip.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm not gonna make it due to obligations of going to Mexico (viva!) but I know a bunch of Denver peeps that are going down for the race... should be rad. Talked to some Moab guys that are thinking about heading down as well.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Is there a website? Pro payout? Is it NORBA? I'm broke, but wanna see some action, and generally just fsu for a weekend.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
god damn that place was fun to ride last weekend, but i don't think i could handle a race. i'd try, but the combination of riding terrain i never see on a regular basis and riding against the fast locals would be a perfect recipe for a bad outcome. i plan to ride there a lot more though.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Its not NORBA and the payout is usually pretty good.

I'll be there. This will be my 3rd year and its one of the better races all year. No one seems to take it too seriously and the competition is pretty stiff. They have great courses and the riding is great, considering its super wet were I live now, so dry and dusty are great fun in Feb.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I think if you get in touch with All Mountain Cyclery, they'd have more info. Here's a blurb from their website:

All Mountain Cyclery said:
Feb 2007: Second Annual Mob 'N the Mojave
A NORBA sanctioned downhill race and super D sponsored by All Mountain Cyclery. More details will be released later.
Check them out at http://www.allmountaincyclery.com/ for their email/phone/contact info to get the skinny on the race.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well, crap. My information was bad. I was told by an insider (SinatorJ) that it would not be NORBA. Oh well, I guess I'll race on an expired liscense number.

skate

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
I think I'm going out there. Anyone one know of and inexpensive clean/safe place to stay.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Oh yea, Fonzie I got a Demo8 you can buy for cheap/borrow if we make it out there/rent if you wanna. It's orange, too. And really fast.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'll be staying the parking lot in my tent with Gravel Pit Gary... well that is if he isn't fighting with SinatorJ.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I remember sleeping on the ground at bootleg one summer... I kept waking up throughout the night with these big ass black beatles crawling on me. ....I'm going to get a hotel this time.

In the Army we usually slept on folding cots out in the desert southwest, keeps most of the various "crawlies" (snakes, spiders, scorpions) under ya. Pretty amazing how close the coyotes would get, sometimes if they woke us up we'd check 'em out with the night vision goggles - they'd only be 40 yards away.

skate

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
In the Army we usually slept on folding cots out in the desert southwest, keeps most of the various "crawlies" (snakes, spiders, scorpions) under ya. Pretty amazing how close the coyotes would get, sometimes if they woke us up we'd check 'em out with the night vision goggles - they'd only be 40 yards away.
Yeah I've seen how some of the Army people "ruff it" at NTC. I laughed for good while. Not bagging on the Army, but it was pretty pathetic seeing them sleep in a tent on concrete sheltered by an roof over thier heads, plus a bunch of other stuff. I just never seen anything like that.......:confused: :D

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
what trail does the race route follow? is it snakeback(i think that's the name)? when i went up for the first time a couple weeks ago, i had a good time, only got in 2 shuttles though because my dad's deal was that i could shuttle if i went on an XC ride with him, turned out to be a bad choice because he chose a longer XC loop and his girlfriend had a rough time and beat the **** out of herself. i got driven up behind the shuttle, so everyone had already headed down and all i had was a trail map that proved almost completely useless, so i started just checking out trails to see what seemed like the best bet. there was one trail that was absolutely insane, it was a little branch to the right when you are just coming down from the top, and it was a series of drops that turned a little over 90 degrees over rough rock, i was riding a demo bike so i didn't risk it. the snake one was a blast though, especially the up and downs at the end that you absolutely rip to the point where on the uphill you're going so fast your tires are just floating. then there was the drop to the left of the jumps when you're looking at it from the parking lot....as you can tell, i had a blast, i'm certainly going to hit it again soon.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Yeah I've seen how some of the Army people "ruff it" at NTC. I laughed for good while. Not bagging on the Army, but it was pretty pathetic seeing them sleep in a tent on concrete sheltered by an roof over thier heads, plus a bunch of other stuff. I just never seen anything like that.......:confused: :D
Just because they didn't "need" the tent (had roof and concrete) doesn't mean it isn't good training to still use the tents. Chances are there won't be either in battle, so better be familar with tenting it.

But the reason for NTC is combat strategy, not survival training. Units can focus on hardcore "ruffing it" at their home training area, where taxpayers aren't spending $1,000 (or more) per day per solider. Make it count.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
From what I understand entry fee should not be too bad, course will be a good one, and NO Norba. JDD if you have any q's call Jeff at All Mtn cyclery, he is really cool and can help you out. these are useally really informal and laid back events

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
40 for Super D on saturday at 11 am and 50 for the dh on sunday at 11 am The price goes up for racing for money not sure on how much for what level.