Quantcast

Best Flat Pedal for Someone with Big Feet?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
thankfully everything our beloved scot secretes is 100% based on objectivity and not sulled by anything that happened decades ago
I can't believe you'd accuse the Scottish of holding a grudge and being surly, grumpy cunts. Unheard of!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
These Scots seem like a contentious people.

Edit: seems like about my experience with foot positioning. I've blown up my achilles from hyper extension on bigger stuff/landings a few times now from riding with ball of my foot on the axle, and now at this point I'm pretty hyper cautious about letting my foot sit that far back - which may be why I like the flattest/thinnest pedal available and why concave pedals don't generally leave me thrilled. Control seems better with the ball of my foot on the axle vs the arch, but I can't handle the ankle explosions that seem to happen regularly if I fuck up and ride on the ball for a few minutes.

Probably just a strength thing. I've always been just about the laziest rider I know when it comes to putting in the work to get good.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I am still moderately happy with my dentist spec Syntace pedals, they have the smoothest bearings I have ever had in pedals.
The bearing bulge design is still dumb, you get just as many rock strikes because your pedals are wider overall, the ano is thin, aluminium pins are shit and they have no proper concave but they are still decent in my eyes.
I prefer them to Horizons but do miss the concavity, Horizons are just a bit small for my hoofs.
Emailed a couple of years back to see if they'd do an XL Horizon, no was the answer.