Quantcast

Beautiful, simply beautiful

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Them things truly are works of art.
Can't wait to unpack the box and ride mine in whistler...ya, riding DH once a year now, I am core, gnar, all that.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So, you're saying that Orange's suck? :monkeydance:

nice bike, BTW.
Ya, sure, that's what I said. More like if i had to pay a ton of money with no deal, I'd get something that doesn;t cost an amr and a leg to import. Love my orange, but i have loved the look of the socom since they came out.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Very nice. Man, been a lot of Intense bikes on lately. I said I would never buy another Intense after my last Uzzi, but I'll admit they look sweet.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176327

Link to build kit, scroll down a little bit and you'll see it. Only difference is handle bars and rear der. Der is now X.O short, and h-bar is Funn Fatboy.

Chain slap protector is vinyl wire wrap with fuel hosing around the cable housing. I didn't like the cable routing, so I changed it, hence the unused cable stops. For you curious monkies, frame weight is 9.6 with shock and steel spring.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm suprised that it is that heavy. Not that 40.5 lb is heavy for a DH bike, but I was expecting something like 38? You have pretty light parts, especially the fork and rims. What tubes are you running? Did you get an accurate weight for the frame and shock? I'd be interested to know.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I'm suprised that it is that heavy. Not that 40.5 lb is heavy for a DH bike, but I was expecting something like 38? You have pretty light parts, especially the fork and rims. What tubes are you running? Did you get an accurate weight for the frame and shock? I'd be interested to know.

The frame weight was on a postage scale, I assume that's pretty accurate. Tubes are Maxxis Welter weights, not super light by any means, but certainly not DH tubes....

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
This is a pleasantly un-pretentious socom build. I second the pipe-wrap chainstay guard; a great option that's held up well for me over the last 2 seasons.

How tough are the alloy pad contact adjusters on those juicy 7? The old plastic ones were worth flipping to the underside of the lever, but for 2007 the alum. ones look strong enough to take a few crashes.