Quantcast

AVALANCHE single crown upgrade cart out!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
BC - sent you a PM regarding a Jedi with a single crown but now that you have a single crown on the Jedi after a long stint on a dual what are your thoughts. My frame has arrived and I am looking to order my fork and wheels within the week. The delays have me jumping between and Boxxer and Totem/66. Hope to be running the Avy cart and a Woodie early next year but still not sure which way to go on the fork. Does the Jedi feel balanced with the single crown and do you miss the 20mm of travel or stiffness? Never run a dual so I dont know what I am missing. If it was only for SOuth Korea then single for sure but I am not sure what trails are waiting for me in Soouth Africa.
Ive rode some nasty stuff on single crown in SB and up north (NW) thats nothing shy of total carnage and rocks/drops never had an issue. As a matter of fact I forgot how playful the bike becomes with the single crown and actually missed it.

Its a hard choice duals always seem so cadillac plush and singles always seem so zippy feeling. They both work killer on the bike and I LOVE single crown for freeride single track and DH (Big stuff out comes the dual)...

As far as how does it work out, just fine.... I have always loved my Jedi with a single crown iot becomes so active and fast for alot more terrain and single track and I have raced on it as well and it worked great..

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
So I have one question... Read through most of this but I'm always at a loss on this tech stuff.

I think I saw that these would probably work on loder 150mm 36's, correct? (maybe with a different rod or something?) But would it keep it at 150 or would it now get 160mm of travel after one of these?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dear Crazy Magic Elves at Avalanche,

Could you please make me an avy air cartridge for the RS revelation on my all mountain bike?

Thanks,
Jon Kranked

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
Totem, domain and Lyric are on preorder now! Craig is moving quite fast indeed.
Now if only he'll only release the Fox DHX mod soon...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So I have one question... Read through most of this but I'm always at a loss on this tech stuff.

I think I saw that these would probably work on loder 150mm 36's, correct? (maybe with a different rod or something?) But would it keep it at 150 or would it now get 160mm of travel after one of these?
i doubt it would change it to 160mm. if this is available soon, ill be getting it for my 150mm 36 Talas R

92SE-R

piston slapper
Feb 5, 2004
San Diego, CA
i know i personally havent ordered yet because ive been watching the site waiting for it to say released. lol. i even got a new dhx just for it.

im also selling the vivid off my dh bike to get a dhx for the avy mod. im surprised the roco was released before the dhx. most roco owners i know came from dhx's because they hated the spiking issues and lack of plushness. there should be way more dhx owners that want the avy mod than roco owners.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
i know i personally havent ordered yet because ive been watching the site waiting for it to say released. lol. i even got a new dhx just for it.

im also selling the vivid off my dh bike to get a dhx for the avy mod. im surprised the roco was released before the dhx. most roco owners i know came from dhx's because they hated the spiking issues and lack of plushness. there should be way more dhx owners that want the avy mod than roco owners.

Roco is already a speed sensative set up and doesnt require alot of remachining or custom parts as where the DHX will have a hi/lo speed mod put in and makes it a full race tune you choose your valving set up fr/dh. weight, bike etc and its a full package with more mods to make it this way...

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
We need to see more interest on the Fox DHX mod, currently we only have one preorder from the website and it has been posted for 2 months.

I think the problem is that people don't want to put money down for something that may or may not come...

How did you do it for the cartridge? I don't quite remember if you had a preorder or not...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
There was preorders for the cartridges and thats part of the steam that got that ball rolling into an AVALANCHE! Had too...
The fox tune is already done, he knows what and how as well as has stuff ready to roll its a matter of intrest and preorders to get that ball rolling now... He knows theres intrest but on his behalf I understand wanting to see intrest especially after the carts took off he'd hate to have a slow run... Cant blame him...

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
There was preorders for the cartridges and thats part of the steam that got that ball rolling into an AVALANCHE! Had too...
The fox tune is already done, he knows what and how as well as has stuff ready to roll its a matter of intrest and preorders to get that ball rolling now... He knows theres intrest but on his behalf I understand wanting to see intrest especially after the carts took off he'd hate to have a slow run... Cant blame him...
I was under the impression that the cartridges really started selling when the first few people who bought them started raving about it...

Craig, I think uploading a picture of a finished product instead of just a CAD model would definitely help with getting people interested

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I was under the impression that the cartridges really started selling when the first few people who bought them started raving about it...

Craig, I think uploading a picture of a finished product instead of just a CAD model would definitely help with getting people interested
Agread a finished product is best then one in the hands of a customer and a review with good pics and shots helps dramatically.
He did have preorders on the carts before production and then once reviews popped up and they were out there he got back ordered fast... The 888 was the same thing he needed to gauge intrest then proceeded.. Totem same way there will be one out in the world SOON and pics as well as shots after its been beat on a little bit...
66 was a compilation of parts already used in the 888s so it was a no brainer and works amazing... DHX requires several steps to transfer it to a full race tune and hes just gauging intrest again, dont blame him economy is a bit down and this makes more sense than a new shock without a custom tune and its cheaper...

So yes a real world pic of the DHX would be great!!!!

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Pre Ordering my Totem kit tomorrow, it turns the Totem into a very expensive fork, hopefully it will feel better than the stock setup.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Maybe it's a stupid question... since, you can use AVA cart on Boxxer WC... but can you install one on Totem Solo Air?
If yes, I guess, I need the cart itself and proper adaptor kit, right?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Left leg, when you sit on the bike? Then yes, it's similar construction.
I will write to Craig, I think ;) just to be sure.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
OK, I have pre ordered mine but the Totem kit isn't ready for five weeks or so, so it will be a while before I get mine running.

If I ever manage to sort my Kowas they might get a kit too.