Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The only reason forehead was able to bring this about was because of the concessions McCarthy made to him in order to get their fringe votes for the role in the first place.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The only reason forehead was able to bring this about was because of the concessions McCarthy made to him in order to get their fringe votes for the role in the first place.
wstching mccarthy's news conference....

in january he asked pelosi for advice on the rule change to let one person bring it to the floor....she said do it...i got your back...

ghosted....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Let the record show that today, the 10 most patriotic, conservative, American Jesus loving Republicans in the house voted the same way as every single Democrat

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Am I totally put of my gourd thinking the Democrats may have accidentally fucked us all here? Suppose we end up with a speaker far worse than McCarthy, or no Speaker at all, what exactly do we do in November when funding runs out again? Gunna have to go read up on it, but it would seem that things when from bad, to a whole lot worse. Not that it's their fault exactly, but it did sorta fall precisely into team MAGA's hands and short of getting their base to understand that government shutdowns are not actually a good thing I don't see how they don't choose the nuclear option.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Am I totally put of my gourd thinking the Democrats may have accidentally fucked us all here? Suppose we end up with a speaker far worse than McCarthy, or no Speaker at all, what exactly do we do in November when funding runs out again? Gunna have to go read up on it, but it would seem that things when from bad, to a whole lot worse. Not that it's their fault exactly, but it did sorta fall precisely into team MAGA's hands and short of getting their base to understand that government shutdowns are not actually a good thing I don't see how they don't choose the nuclear option.
Its ok, corporations are people too. They will be fine.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
PRECISELY why we need a Stable Genius like Trump to hold the position for the next shutdown, he will fix it!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
You new?

It's pretty much in their charter.

Maybe not but definitely still generally. We need an opposition party to wackjob fascism. Instead we get this shitlib lot.
Usually I can at least see the through line in what they’re up to, even if it’s not what I want them to be doing, this just makes no sense and is still seemingly being celebrated as a win.

I gotta go back to avoiding the news, life was better that way.

PRECISELY why we need a Stable Genius like Trump to hold the position for the next shutdown, he will fix it!
This is why Ramaswami is my guy, he wants to fire the whole government, can’t shut it down if it’s already shut down. Big brain politics.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think one thing this has really demonstrated is that most of the house GOP is gonna have to play ball with the dems when they nominate a new speaker. because the GQP has shown they will do this, they're gonna have to have dem support for whoever they eventually nominate, otherwise the lunatic fringe will do this all over again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i think one thing this has really demonstrated is that most of the house GOP is gonna have to play ball with the dems when they nominate a new speaker. because the GQP has shown they will do this, they're gonna have to have dem support for whoever they eventually nominate, otherwise the lunatic fringe will do this all over again.
At least now they are taking the opportunity to take things seriously and get to governing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Can't remember which news show was talking about that before the vote yesterday, but they pretty much said they'll struggle to be much worse:
McCarthy:
  • kicked dems off committees for no reason other than they didn't like them
  • santioned dems for stating the truth
  • started the impeachment nonsense against Biden
  • tried to clear the two impeachments of mango off the record
  • Didn't stick to his word on the budget he agreed with Biden, so we had last weeks debacle

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Can't remember which news show was talking about that before the vote yesterday, but they pretty much said they'll struggle to be much worse:
McCarthy:
  • kicked dems off committees for no reason other than they didn't like them
  • santioned dems for stating the truth
  • started the impeachment nonsense against Biden
  • tried to clear the two impeachments of mango off the record
  • Didn't stick to his word on the budget he agreed with Biden, so we had last weeks debacle
i mean, the GOP's unwillingness to kick out the GQP is really what opened the door to all this