Quantcast

Apple's (Doomed) Tablet - Old man yells at icloud

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Couldn't these jokers at least have done some that mimics real life use or maybe its just about getting clicks on their sites. Products that breaks due to incorrect use is not news. How about getting a line of girls with different size asses and skinny jeans and get them to sit down and stand up and see who will bend the phone. That would be a lot more interesting on several levels.

Real world iPhone testing consists of staring at it while in line at starbucks while looking at it. No one can tell you have an iPhone when it is in your pocket. Why would they test for that?

Remember the whole antennae not working on the 4 and apple issuing a special case to allow it to work as a phone? People will continue to buy them and put them in bulky reinforcing cases. Good thing Apple spends so much time on their exterior design then require it to be covered by a sparkly hello kitty case.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Protip: don't upgrade to ios8 if you have an ipad 2 yet/ever. Made my little internet box slow way down. Kind of sad. Luckily you can go back, for now.
after waiting a few days and reading reports on how slow it made it, i held off. its already a tad slow compared to our phones (for obvious reasons,) so i didnt want to make it any slower on the apps i use all the time.

new product launches from apple is always a great time of year to read all the bitching android users spew. we get it. you think your phone is the holy grail of phones. every tech page on fb is full of people who are measuring their collective dicks about how great their non-iphone is. "fanboy" is a favorite term of theirs yet theyre the ones who are saying android's shit doesnt stink and vehemently standing behind android...and yet none speak of sales compared to apple's. god forbid someone doesnt use what you use!! youd think if this "bendgate" was so serious, more then 9 people who have contacted apple about it
after using my wife's old phone with an older version of android on it, i cant say i would ever want to use android again daily

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Poor BMX kids will have to ride with fannypacks so they don't bend their phone.

I'm with IH8Rice, Android is horrible, I've had three Android devices and I won't get another(maybe if a decent sliding keyboard model comes out).
It's just a phone, buy the cheapest one your ego will let you own.

Symbian FTW, 4 day battery life!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The Nokia brand is about to go away they will just become a Microsoft device, they should instead call it a Zune phone that would be a big hit.
When their phones don't require 12hrs to process a photo I may buy one.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
For me, it's not about the hardware. If it was, I'd have a Samsung.
But damned if I'd use anything but iOS now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I won't lie, I'm pretty disappointed there's no sapphire. I was really looking forward to that. That, and the non remove able battery and memory card will keep me on android when I get a new phone, I think. I hate android, but when my wife spilled water on her iPhone, there was no way to turn it off, so it died. I can just pull the battery in the note. Plus when my card is full,I pull it and spend $10 on a new one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/consumer-reports-tests-iphone-6-bendgate/index.htm

iPhones bend at comparable force levels as Androids. Controversy not found.
The weak point is at the button cut out at 2/3 the phone, not the middle, test is only valid for the middle. Look at where the iPhones have bent, it's not in the middle. There is also talk of phones being sent to Apple and others for testing that were build BETTER than the production pieces. No random sampling was done.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You must have a weird shaped butt/thigh if you're exerting focal pressure on your phone at that point. 3 point stress testing is standard practice...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
just a thought...but...

do tests take into account their skinny jeans/sagging jeans and where the rear pocket ends up on their ass?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
just a thought...but...

do tests take into account their skinny jeans/sagging jeans and where the rear pocket ends up on their ass?
It's actually the front pocket in this case, hence the crazy. But the same rules apply. Maybe Apple's official response will be "Pull up your damn pants". :rofl:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Why didn't they tout "Almost 50% easier to bend than the previous iPhone!" That's a big deal and both the current and last are weaker than the same sized previous generation Galaxy Note 3. Build quality and quality control has clearly gone downhill, to suggest otherwise is dumb.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
once you buy an apple product someone at the genius bar starts howling like a wolf the lights in the store go off the employees grab you hold you down then someone in a steve jobs costume sticks his finger............

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Im actually starting a new study this year as a graphic designer, thought it might come in handy... :D
Graphic design is like music production, you can't be an artist with a Windows based product, good choice.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not many of those going in pockets (but bending in backpacks... hmm).

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
On the other side, I don't like that the new HTC Nexus 9 is 4:3 like the iPads. 16:9 or 16:10 please.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
not sure if I already said this, but there isn't much reason to upgrade a tablet once you have one. Websurfing is not a complicated task, and the ipadge doesn't even play flash, the most demanding web app commonly used. The only reason I would want to upgrade is when they force me back onto ios8 and my ipad2 no longer works well.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Agree I unfortunately upgraded my Ipad2 to IOS8 and it made it slower. Feels like what Microsoft used to do but at least it was easy to roll back.

I might a second one so we have two but its not a real big issue right. I still hate it does not have a forward facing speaker.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I want a Retina display and faster app loading/switching.

/me is running iOS 6 (or 7?) on an iPad 2 at home.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Played around on the latest version of OS X, Yosemite recently. What a hideous turd of an excuse for graphic design. All the buttons and icons, among other things, have been redone to look flat, dull, and have little contrast. Looks like something that you would buy at Walmart for a fraction of the cost.

Going to be time to replace my Mac Mini soon, but could prove challenging to get one with the previous, unviolated OS.