Quantcast

Anyone use an Ochain thingy?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
In short, from the sounds of it, fuck Ochain and the horse it rode in on.
In their defence - you don't have to buy one if you don't want to. It's not like they're coming specced on bikes like a lot of other useless shit that you have to take off and get rid of.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
To be fair, I've ridden everything at Bromont on a short travel trail bike, enderpo bike and DH bike. It's all doable if you're willing. :D
Yes. So Keystone was gnar when we raced DH. Then we raced enduro on the same tracks. Less travel, less protection, same speed. Moar fitness?

I'm too weak sauce for that these days, tho. But yeah, if you're willing. :D

I think I did my best in DH on a IH Sunday. And enduro on a GG Megatrail. Ahhh....those were the days.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Those modern enduro bikes really are something else. They truly can do anything.

Which one's gary?
I wouldn’t know. I don’t ride much enduro and my pedally bikes spend half their lives with dc forks on them.

Dunno. I just saw massive flat spins.

Raoul Schneeberger is on a single crown fork around the 2:15 mark.
He’s 14 and such a good kid. (Relevant to thread cuz - He rides an O-Chain, haha)

IMG_2969.jpeg

I give him and his brother Scott frames to support the send.
IMG_1114.jpeg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I wouldn’t know. I don’t ride much enduro and my pedally bikes spend half their lives with dc forks on them.

Dunno. I just saw massive flat spins.

Raoul Schneeberger is on a single crown fork around the 2:15 mark.
He’s 14 and such a good kid. (Relevant to thread cuz - He rides an O-Chain, haha)

View attachment 200895

I give him and his brother Scott frames to support the send.
View attachment 200894
that camera costs more than anything scott makes, o-chain, your car, and probably both of you combined

the trailbike comment was to make fun of gary, come on. common ground man! ;)

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
that camera costs more than anything scott makes, o-chain, your car, and probably both of you combined

the trailbike comment was to make fun of gary, come on. common ground man! ;)
Yep. We had two Red Dragons on that shoot. Raoul had no idea who we had shooting him or how much any of the gear is worth.

Chris Seager, Rupert Walker and Andrew Lawrence. Dunno if those names mean anything to anyone but that’s a filmer dream team for me!
IMG_1056.jpeg

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Wow, this thread is still going eh?

So one thing I noticed is on the DH bike, I have those STFU chain damper thingies. They work and I like them! The chain doesn't touch the chainstay at all.

After adding the Ochain, I found the chain touches the chainstay between the two STFU chain silencers. I suppose if my derailleur didn't have a clutch, I'd get the same thing going on.