Quantcast

An impenetrable carawhat?

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
"The origin of the legend of the Bluegrass Eagle has been lost in the passage of time. Possessing supernatural powers, it could transform its plumage into an impenetrable carapace. Its spirit, noble and free, has inspired our range of protective gear."

It gets better, go to http://www.bluegrasseagle.com/

Now I don't know if I'm supposed to take that intro seriously or not, but it looks like they've got some cool helmets:

And TLD and Fox designers better up their game because it ain't looking great this year and Sombrio's gone racing:

and

Glad to see some more creativity out there.

Photos from tri-ride.com and pinkbike.com

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Hairways...lol.

But seriously, you guys sound like a bunch of granola freeriders. Bright riding gear is how you get noticed out on the race circuit, easy to recognize, takes good pictures and videos. Sponsors like it too. You don't see a bunch of flat black F1 cars racing around Monza and Hockenheim.

Anyway, dress how you like, we've all got our preference. I like my riders bright.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
not sure how any of that is creative since it looks like vintage MX gear from 1990.

Personally, I like some of the new Troy Lee stuff. The 2 sets of gear that Townley had on at Steel City last weekend looked great.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Hairways...lol.

But seriously, you guys sound like a bunch of granola freeriders. Bright riding gear is how you get noticed out on the race circuit, easy to recognize, takes good pictures and videos. Sponsors like it too.
You're right, but are missing the point. I have nothing against bright and colourful riding gear. Not a damn thing actually. When I had a team, we had very bright stuff, See:

But theres a fine line between bright, and this:

jhazard

Chimp
Dec 28, 2008
Durango, CO
Hairways...lol.

But seriously, you guys sound like a bunch of granola freeriders. Bright riding gear is how you get noticed out on the race circuit, easy to recognize, takes good pictures and videos. Sponsors like it too. You don't see a bunch of flat black F1 cars racing around Monza and Hockenheim.

Anyway, dress how you like, we've all got our preference. I like my riders bright.
Another vote against pajama prints here... I thought the way to be recognized on the race circuit was be out in front :thumb:

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
You're right, but are missing the point. I have nothing against bright and colourful riding gear. Not a damn thing actually. When I had a team, we had very bright stuff, See:

But theres a fine line between bright, and this:

Yeah, dude on top is looking whack! TLD broseph on the bottom is looking PROPAH!! Not sure about his prototype D5 helmet though... :weee:

I did some market research at "The Gathering of the Juggalos" this year and got some great ideas for my apparel line to be released in 2011...

In all seriousness though this Bluegrass Eagle stuff looks pretty decent. Thanks for posting it up Pslide!

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

TLD 2012 kit, short shorts for extra crank-snapping power for that last sprint...

TLD x-treme gangbanging goggles

tld hematoma shoes. Now SPD compatible

new TLD cervical brace. (Team cape sold separtely)