Quantcast

All Time Best Band Name

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
They were famous for appearing on national TV completely naked singing "In The Raw"....one of the seminal moments of Australian TV. Caused a bit of an uproar as you can imagine.

i told you that story right valve... that sh1t keft me with deep scars... for life biznatch... ;)

edit - VB, i m sure you know the tale... andrew denton and his warped TV show... i was all of 15 or so... in the hospital PUMPED on morphine... surfing accident with a cobbler (aussie poisonous fish involved)... VERY VERY high.. and yes, i ve had pretty much every drug and i know what high is... i was mr. opiates...

in the raw... that was an interesting night in hospital...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:
i told you that story right valve... that sh1t keft me with deep scars... for life biznatch... ;)

edit - VB, i m sure you know the tale... andrew denton and his warped TV show... i was all of 15 or so... in the hospital PUMPED on morphine... surfing accident with a cobbler (aussie poisonous fish involved)... VERY VERY high.. and yes, i ve had pretty much every drug and i know what high is... i was mr. opiates...

I remember watching it on "Blah Blah Blah" when we were in uni. 1988 according to google. Think the morphine was playing tricks with ya mind there cobber...or it could be the semi-trailer load of dope you've smoked in your life.;)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
I remember watching it on "Blah Blah Blah" when we were in uni. 1988 according to google. Think the morphine was playing tricks with ya mind there cobber...or it could be the semi-trailer load of dope you've smoked in your life.;)

88 ???... andrew denton ' blah blah blah' yeah ??? well 88 would have made me 18 / 19.... thats close to 15 ;)... fark, i dunno... stoned kid on jim beam (free from the price of wales)... what am i these days ??? 27 - 28 :)

i swear i saw jesus that evening...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:
valve, what was the name of that fvckin crook art house band we saw just over the bridge in fremantle ??? that was some insane sh1t..
Thou Gideon- that was some demented sh*t. At the Cave bar....cool venue.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I was in a "band" in college called Sonny D and the Purple Stuff - I can't take credit for the name, we stole it from my roommate. Of course Me First and the Gimme Gimme's is a classic band name. I saw Ciaran put down Elvis Hitler - that's a blast from my shop rat past, my first bike shop boss loved those guys. His record collection was amazing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
partsbara said:

:rofl: :rofl:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
manwithgun said:
yeah, I saw him unzip his fly and remove an entire prostetic arm...
i kick myself that i only saw 'em once...but man what a show. he came out w/ a self-inflicted haircut (only visible after removing his straw cowboy hat), Victor rat traps hanging off both earlobes, pom-poms, and a magic marker drawing of a chicken head coming from his beltline.

my wife still digs the song "Chow" quite a bit. :cool: