Quantcast

888 Stem

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
What year 888? A new crown with a 4-bolt pattern isn't too expensive. PM me if you want one.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Po1nt?
Works Components do 3, 5, 6, and 8mm riser plates for under the stem. Go to exactly the height you want. Or chop and change for different tracks.

Last edited:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
just use a 0mm rise stem with a 25mm rise bar?
Was my first thought too. Only a few brands making 25mm rizer bars now days. Thanks to the low bar fad. Maybe not a brand the OP likes, or maybe he has some new bars he likes and no stem. Riser pads can be changed to get a desired height easily, and cheaply. Although you're adding a wee bit of weight compared to just using the right height stem(providing it's light).

What rise are the new 35mm Eastons(bar and stem)?

Last edited:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
This is all because I got an Easton Havoc bar which was only available in one rise, short. Everyone else was lowering their DH bars so I went along, forgetting that I'm taller than most. Now I want my hands back up 1cm.
So Point1 stem with Mozart riser plates? I also realize just switching to the Boxxer style crown will give me more room on the steerer tube to put spacers under the crown.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
If I see one more set of riser bars on a dropped stem, Im going to start flinging poo.

It'll be a while before 5'7" guys realize that 32" bars aren't right, but I'm patient on that one.

Fashion is...

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
If I see one more set of riser bars on a dropped stem, Im going to start flinging poo.

It'll be a while before 5'7" guys realize that 32" bars aren't right, but I'm patient on that one.

Fashion is...
I hear ya. I know bar length is preference but I just cant see riders shorter than maybe 6'2 running bars longer than 800 even 780mm. Im only 5'10 and Im at 760, could possibly go 750. On a medium V10c and 50mm stem seems pretty long still. Im getting a 30mm stem soon. Still feel a lil too stretched out atm...

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I hear ya. I know bar length is preference but I just cant see riders shorter than maybe 6'2 running bars longer than 800 even 780mm. Im only 5'10 and Im at 760, could possibly go 750. On a medium V10c and 50mm stem seems pretty long still. Im getting a 30mm stem soon. Still feel a lil too stretched out atm...
Oh, of course Im being a critical whiner -- ride whatever the hell you want - esp big parts so my 6'8" has something that actually fits.

I could go on about people improperly using colourways, fitment, and things like 'forks' (clue the WHOLE is a fork the legs are called TINES, no matter how many.)

General disdain for logic and anything remotely resembling standard english (it actually matters) is the norm here - and will be avidly defended!!

79" wingspan on 31"s tho...