Quantcast

32 freedums day

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey friendos

Not much to report. Slept short (6hr) but feel great. My HRV went up like 10ms last night, so I wonder if there might actually be something to the science.

Taking the kids to an arcade/bounce house place, trick or treating later. Took a little time at a dealership yesterday, what an awful experience that is. "Let me talk to my manager, I'll be right back" etc. etc. I managed to get nice trade value for the alfa just cause I wanted to leave so fucking bad.

Hey friendos

Not much to report. Slept short (6hr) but feel great. My HRV went up like 10ms last night, so I wonder if there might actually be something to the science.

Taking the kids to an arcade/bounce house place, trick or treating later. Took a little time at a dealership yesterday, what an awful experience that is. "Let me talk to my manager, I'll be right back" etc. etc. I managed to get nice trade value for the alfa just cause I wanted to leave so fucking bad.
The "Let me talk to my manager" reveals yet another group of powerless employees. I also note that most dealership owners are assholes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. First practice test today. It sounds like Trick or Treating will be cold tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sun? What's that? Looks like we've entered the season of no sun for 6 months.

Those beers hit hard last night, damn.

Need to poop, make breakfast of some sort and ride. Then hand out lots of candy. It'll be interesting to see how many kids are out this year, last with covid it was frowned upon and only 2 or 3 knocked.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The "Let me talk to my manager" reveals yet another group of powerless employees. I also note that most dealership owners are assholes.
My dad is a skilled negotiator, and his favorite reply is to bust the salesperson's balls. "Wait, so you can't make the deal? Why am I dealing with the monkey when I could be dealing with the organ grinder". I suck at negotiating, I usually try to come up with a deal in my mind and just work it until I get it or leave. I can't go back and forth, I always fail.

All that said, I am now on board with killing off dealerships and going with the carmax/carvana/tesla/saturn model of having a price and that's the price....though without the tesla stranglehold/anti-right-to-repair stuff. Salespeople have no reason to exist nowadays.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Especially when the salespeople often know nothing about their car lineup. No value added.

Today the kids carve pumpkins, everyone save for Aya practices their instruments (wife has an audition video due), I hopefully finish watching Dune in parcels with the kids, and I work 5-10 PM from home.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Grilled last night with buddy Mike & Mrs., salmon, veggies and cocktails. So good.
Cold and dreary here this morning. Today is for finishing ski tuneups and overeating pasta.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I do not miss certification examinations one bit. I used to have about a thousand Microsoft certifications.
I have 3 more classes until my CFP test. Then it's just normal CE, assuming of course I do not continue to get more. The Master's of Financial Planning is only 2 or 3 more classes beyond CFP, so I might go for that too. The next 3 are out of my day-day though - estate planning and taxes, then a practice full Financial Plan in a deeply complex situation that I will likely never come across in "real life" but I still need to prove that I can do it. It's all dense material.

I wholeheartedly stand behind people who are seeing advisors see CFP's, as they are held to a higher standard than SEC/FINRA regulations. But also because the knowledge range has to be so much more broad. There are still certain firms that throw huge red flags, just based on comp/commission structures, but there is a reason you pay more to meet with a CFP than a regular financial advisor ( fyi < Investment Advisor (fiduciary requirement) < CFP).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Fuck it Sunday. Called in, slept in. Weather here down south is also crummy. I shall play guitar and carve pumpkins. But first I suppose I should get out of bed, release the chickens and walk the dogs.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
We moved to daylight savings time this weekend. Was supposed to be a thing of the past but EU has not done it yet.

Garden work and spinning. Then I have been decorating the garage where we again host pizza for the kids and alcohol for the adults. We tried to buy more decoration yesterday but sold out everywhere and christmas crap was already up. I hate retail.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My dad is a skilled negotiator, and his favorite reply is to bust the salesperson's balls. "Wait, so you can't make the deal? Why am I dealing with the monkey when I could be dealing with the organ grinder". I suck at negotiating, I usually try to come up with a deal in my mind and just work it until I get it or leave. I can't go back and forth, I always fail.

All that said, I am now on board with killing off dealerships and going with the carmax/carvana/tesla/saturn model of having a price and that's the price....though without the tesla stranglehold/anti-right-to-repair stuff. Salespeople have no reason to exist nowadays.
Do you feel like the deal you got is fair? If so, then you did a fine job negotiating.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

I have to say, when I bought the Acura in Peabody, I did not have to go through any of that BS. I came to see a car I found online, they told me - it just got sold but we have another CPO one with 8k on the odometer, this is the price, do you want it? I'd shop for a car there again.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I have to say, when I bought the Acura in Peabody, I did not have to go through any of that BS. I came to see a car I found online, they told me - it just got sold but we have another CPO one with 8k on the odometer, this is the price, do you want it? I'd shop for a car there again.
Same thing with our Forester. Price was listed firm. It was a Honda dealer. Sale guy said "we've priced it to sell since it's not our brand." Comparables where $2k more on average everywhere we looked. Nowadays used car stay on their lot less than a week. New car shortage made the used market crazy.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Do you feel like the deal you got is fair? If so, then you did a fine job negotiating.
Fair yes, but not a win for me. I succeeded in getting the trade value that I wanted, but I didn't get anything off the asking price, which I feel is overpriced as the car has been sitting for two months. Of course, everything gets fuzzy because trade value is negotiable and car price is usually negotiable and financing is sometimes negotiable. Anyways, I will see if they lower the price in a month and if the car sells before then, fine.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Mine already earns a lot more than me. Hopefully she can get the job she applied for yesterday, that is > double my salary.
My wife now makes more than me, again. We go back and forth. I am fine if she is the primary breadwinner! More money is rarely a problem. Maybe I will get that genesis after all