Quantcast

32 freedums day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well that was a difficult test. Three hours later I know what topics I need to know better (sub-categories of homeowner's insurance and the legal definitions of specific aspects of insurance - risk, hazard, peril for example). I still passed with buffer, but not well enough for my own goals. Real test is next Saturday with a bunch of topic specific study during the week.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Last test I did was my CJIS recert a couple of weeks ago, I normally try to finish it in under 2 minutes each time and it's very annoying if I don't get 100%.

3 hour tests, I'll pass :p

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mine already earns a lot more than me. Hopefully she can get the job she applied for yesterday, that is > double my salary.
I always laugh when I read some article about guys who get their feelings hurt because their wife makes more than they do. How fragile do you have be. I wish my wife made more than I did. #goals

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
You need to file a police report before the DMV will issue new plates
That’s what I’ve found out. Thanks for confirming.

Working on it. Filed one online. LAPD called back to say online won’t work for this incident type and I had to call to file. I called and got voice mail a couple of times. Figure this is a low priority this weekend, particularly on a Sunday. I’ll call in the morning

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode the new RSD hardtail in anger for the first time. What a fun bike. Need to bump the fork travel up to 150mm and slide the dropouts farther back

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
That’s what I’ve found out. Thanks for confirming.

Working on it. Filed one online. LAPD called back to say online won’t work for this incident type and I had to call to file. I called and got voice mail a couple of times. Figure this is a low priority this weekend, particularly on a Sunday. I’ll call in the morning
Do you need to tell your insurance company for when ‘your car’ is inevitably used in some sort of nefarious scheme?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Welcome to the suburbs*, where most candy at Halloween is fullsize bars.

*Newly established rich (lots of new people moving into really expensive houses vs. long-term appreciation owners) neighborhood in an already well off community.

Also found it some what interesting which houses in the neighborhood were the ones most involved with kids in the neighborhood. There is a school board election right now that is super political - hardcore anti-vax, Trumper folk vs. focus on education and health of the kids. The prior "Parent's Choice" board is part of the same "Reform" board that took a lawsuit all the way to SCOTUS for school vouchers to take money out of public schools and be used at private, religious schools (was lost, setting precedent). That whole shit show took the district from #2 in the state to #17 (there's not a lot of districts in CO), and top-5% nationally to average. The latter, "commUNITY" board was established and started to replace the other, with a focus on getting money into schools, education, getting teachers, etc. And in the last 8 years we've already gone back up to 10th (last I checked) since that board took majority. So the people with "commUNITY" signs or paint markers on their cars? Candy. Candy and lights and decorations everywhere. The other, "Parent's Choice" signs? Lights off. No bowls or decorations. One even had a sign on their door that said "this house is not participating in Halloween this year". I don't know why, but I think I can guess which group is actually supporting kids. /rant

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Welcome to the suburbs*, where most candy at Halloween is fullsize bars.

*Newly established rich (lots of new people moving into really expensive houses vs. long-term appreciation owners) neighborhood in an already well off community.

Also found it some what interesting which houses in the neighborhood were the ones most involved with kids in the neighborhood. There is a school board election right now that is super political - hardcore anti-vax, Trumper folk vs. focus on education and health of the kids. The prior "Parent's Choice" board is part of the same "Reform" board that took a lawsuit all the way to SCOTUS for school vouchers to take money out of public schools and be used at private, religious schools (was lost, setting precedent). That whole shit show took the district from #2 in the state to #17 (there's not a lot of districts in CO), and top-5% nationally to average. The latter, "commUNITY" board was established and started to replace the other, with a focus on getting money into schools, education, getting teachers, etc. And in the last 8 years we've already gone back up to 10th (last I checked) since that board took majority. So the people with "commUNITY" signs or paint markers on their cars? Candy. Candy and lights and decorations everywhere. The other, "Parent's Choice" signs? Lights off. No bowls or decorations. One even had a sign on their door that said "this house is not participating in Halloween this year". I don't know why, but I think I can guess which group is actually supporting kids. /rant
crazy town

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
crazy town
The upper 4-5 miles, most populous, and highest tax paying portion of my county is maybe 50-50 red/blue consistently. It's the rest of the county, which makes up ~25% of the population that is bad shit crazy. The voting districts for the county board (not school) were drawn up when it was a solid red county. It was written such that a 2/3 majority is needed to change the maps for the board, but it is almost impossible to reach that mark because the southern part of the county is 100% red and cemented. So even once the county as a whole shifts to roughly 50-50, which it's on the way to do, the board seats can never be changed. Fucking bullshit.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Stoney said:
The other, "Parent's Choice" signs? Lights off. No bowls or decorations. One even had a sign on their door that said "this house is not participating in Halloween this year".
Just asking for a TPing!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Back in DK. Visited my mom for 1 1/2 weeks, helped here with all kinds of errands and things around the house and garden. Sucks to live that far away. :(
Had to do the 820 km drive yesterday (only one tank of Diesel, BTW ;)) and came by this 20 k in.

27408769-heftiger-unfall-autobahn-a661-langen-offenbach-totalschaden-sportwagen-ferrari-2rCShC...jpg

Nobody got seriously injured, but pieces of plastic/carbon all over the road. Luckily I passed early (police was already there though) as they closed the highway for an hour to clean up shortly after.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Back in DK. Visited my mom for 1 1/2 weeks, helped here with all kinds of errands and things around the house and garden. Sucks to live that far away. :(
Had to do the 820 km drive yesterday (only one tank of Diesel, BTW ;)) and came by this 20 k in.

View attachment 166851

Nobody got seriously injured, but pieces of plastic/carbon all over the road. Luckily I passed early (police was already there though) as they closed the highway for an hour to clean up shortly after.
Ah, DayKho. Is that the good old E45?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Well that was a difficult test. Three hours later I know what topics I need to know better (sub-categories of homeowner's insurance and the legal definitions of specific aspects of insurance - risk, hazard, peril for example). I still passed with buffer, but not well enough for my own goals. Real test is next Saturday with a bunch of topic specific study during the week.
P&C licensing exam?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
P&C licensing exam?
CFP education requirements. It's a Master's level certification, so you have the courses that go along with it. Next are taxation and estate planning. Already gone through asset management and retirement planning, plus a few other around fiduciary and legal basis.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Rode the new RSD hardtail in anger for the first time. What a fun bike. Need to bump the fork travel up to 150mm and slide the dropouts farther back
checked out website

chromoly/aluminum/titanium options....no CF option that i saw....this is good...