Quantcast

30lb post! DH/FR Rigs around the 30lb mark! tips, pics, specs

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I actually like that bike a lot. Definitely not for pure DH racing but it's a great "do it all" bike.

I have a friend that kills it on one of those on all types of terrain.

ROB_BMW

Chimp
Dec 4, 2005
Alternate thread title:

Bikes built retardedly light and virtually unridable to impress e-riders

You got the e-riders part right. You guys need to ride more and stop jerking off online. Have you ever been with a real female before? I really had no idea how misserably insecure people were on this website til now. It is a nation wide website which expains the middle america inbred attitude from some of you. Us here on the real coast will keep progressing with our bikes and trails while you wipe eachothers period wholes online... enjoy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Actually, its a worldwide website. They don't have filters up to block int'l traffic.

And you are right, DHRFX_Joe is the biggest piece of inbred white trash on the website. He has a mullet, enjoys NASCAR, drinks only Bud, and the "Alamabama Man" action figure was modeled on him (even though he's from Mississippi).

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Will this course be measuring trail features in English units, Metric units, or Pinkbike units?
Following Rob down a trail is an exercise in getting in over your head for most people.

You may doubt the weight of the bike, but dude rips, and on that bike for DH and more...Not a DH bike technically, but the point is MOOT!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Following Rob down a trail is an exercise in getting in over your head for most people.

You may doubt the weight of the bike, but dude rips, and on that bike for DH and more...Not a DH bike technically, but the point is MOOT!
If you go back and read what I've actually posted in this thread, not once did I question the bike's weight or his riding ability.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You got the e-riders part right. You guys need to ride more and stop jerking off online.
I only jerk off to posts in the lounge.

Have you ever been with a real female before?
Her breasts were fake, but the rest was real. So like.......95% real? That count?

I really had no idea how misserably insecure people were on this website til now. It is a nation wide website which expains the middle america inbred attitude from some of you.
I'm closer to the Atlantic than you. Therefore my mullet is shorter, I own less guns than you and my daily intake of Budweiser is slightly less.

Us here on the real coast will keep progressing with our bikes and trails while you wipe eachothers period wholes online... enjoy.
I got tired of the mess. I just give out boxes of tampons now. DIY, amirite?

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Are you serious dude... The guy is entitled to post whatever he wants he is not bashing anybody.... Ban really? Hey Rob are you on the east coast or West??

Anyway so are we posting pics of our 30+lb AM/FR/DH bike... well here is mine awesome bike for diablo had a blast with it..

Trans Preston
Pike U-Turn
Fox 5.0 DHX
Race Face Atlas Cranks
Syncros Mental MAGs
Diety Stem and Bars
Avid Code 5's
Azonic Outlaws
2.3 Nevegals
Shimano XT Drivtrain
E-13 DRS

34.8lbs on the digi scale

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I'll abuse half of you on a DH track with this AM bike. I use this bike in gnarly dh situations almost every day. There will be 10 people here with full on dh rigs not hitting the lines I'm hitting on my AM bike. Either bike technology is getting better or I'm just beasting out on dh tracks with an AM bike.......

I have 6 posts in 5 years so I've been riding more than anyone on here.......

Have you ever been with a real female before? ........

I really had no idea how misserably insecure people were on this website til now.
Me neither. :rofl:

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
hahahah bmw... there might be alot of internet nerds here. buuut you are the one bragging saying how good you are... maybe not me, but some of these internet nerds will smoke you... and then you will feel pretty silly.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
I see no point in having a 30lb DH bike. You spend enough money on the damn thing, you want it to last more than 2 runs.
I hear ya but having my Preston was a blast I mean my main DH is my Blindside which is 40+lbs but my Preston which I guess is setup as a AM Bike or FR whatever that means was a great second bike especially at Diablo I thought love doing the Indy course and just ripping with it. I mean if your budget allows you the best is having 3 bike a True DH bike a nice super light XC bike of course and the middle nice 5-6 travel Bike which you can just have a blast with nice and flickable..

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
El Gordo, I think what Brian meant is that for bikes intended primarily/soley for dh there is a line at which reducing a bike's weight will eventually cross over into unreliability.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
You knuckle heads, what I'm saying is that I'll abuse half of you on a DH track with this AM bike. I use this bike in gnarly dh situations almost every day. There will be 10 people here with full on dh rigs not hitting the lines I'm hitting on my AM bike. Either bike technology is getting better or I'm just beasting out on dh tracks with an AM bike.
well then, here's your cookie

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
El Gordo, I think what Brian meant is that for bikes intended primarily/soley for dh there is a line at which reducing a bike's weight will eventually cross over into unreliability.
Bingo! You have to have some durability. Plus I prefer a more solid feel for my DH bike, something that sticks a little better to the ground.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Also Budweiser is Czech and I'm pretty sure there are close to no rednecks in there though I'm also quite sure it is not a "true coast" due to unforseen geographical difficulties.

Last edited:

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
You guys define "anal internet queers". I post anything I want in any forum. If you don't like it don't read it. This is a pic of a bike and your complaining about it's in the wrong forum, blah blah your the one who's insecure. You said it so you are the most insecure one of all. Come check me in brooklyn and I'll show you how to smoke somebody.

BTW I haven't taken any speed in 10 years so I must be spitting true wisdom at you. No drugs or alcohol needed to reach this level of aggrevation when you live in the hood.
I laugh at the hugeness of the drool puddle at your feet, gomer.

Brag on, brohambleton! Tell us more!

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
My point was that he had contradicted himself.

I *could* ride DH on my xc bike, my bmx bike, or hell even my trials bike. Could I do it well? Probably not. But if I did, I wouldn't run around touting a bike as something that its not.

I've taken my sx trail downhilling, but I wouldn't call it a downhill bike.
more important to me, given that this is a forum for exchanging information about DH racing and DH bikes -- what races is he doing, on what tracks, with this bike... and how long does he expect it to last... and what class does he race in, and how well does he place?

some DH courses I've seen look like they might be faster on a 30 lbs bike, but those courses seem a lot more like short Super D than anything else.

it's really more about the tone of his post and his responses, which are funny in a way... maybe in the way he intends, too. or maybe not.

on the weight-weenie side of things, I don't understand that crap at all. anyone who has spent any time racing any discipline knows that bike weight isn't relevant until you've maxed out your physical abilities (skills, fitness, strength) and are racing against upper-echelon racers. at many lower levels skill goes much further than bike weight or bike bling or trick parts.

but it's hard to tell the e-riding Flame Warriors that their weight obsessions are pretty embarrassing. I mean, just look at this thread!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

22.7lbs, hi Rob get back to Platty and quit this light weight stuuf !!!
I had one of the demo bikes for a while. Rode great on fire roads, but I did not like it's technical handling. GREAT acceleration though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rob missed the memo that a large number of RM members are pro, former pro, or top national experts. At least it was when I was faster than everyone in this thread...

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
^ its a Socom with a Boxxer World Cup and some rather questionable parts... Sick bike though. I think it has Crossmax wheels and single ply tires.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Why is everyone bagging on Rob BMW? The original post had no ego or anything to set people off, it was just a picture of his 30ish lb bike and a brief description of where he uses it with a request for other people to show their 30ish lb bikes that people use to downhill on. It didn't say anything about it being his only DH bike, or a DH specific bike so why is everyone being a dick?

I think some people on here need to take a moment, realise they're arguing on the internet about pushbikes and get over themselves.....

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Probably because he is accusing everyone of being incapable riders just because they told him off for whatever reason/s. I have no doubt judging by his tone that a fair few users on this website could smoke him down any hill on any given day. How do I know this? The ones who know they're quick keep quiet about it.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
ooooold pics

1st day

mines at like 35 or so... pretty close :)

nice cycle rob! i gotta swing through piff pit for some brooklyn akshon.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Why is everyone bagging on Rob BMW? The original post had no ego or anything to set people off, it was just a picture of his 30ish lb bike and a brief description of where he uses it with a request for other people to show their 30ish lb bikes that people use to downhill on. It didn't say anything about it being his only DH bike, or a DH specific bike so why is everyone being a dick?

I think some people on here need to take a moment, realise they're arguing on the internet about pushbikes and get over themselves.....
Spot on! People jump on and play childish asshat and then level up when the person responds to it.

Oct 29, 2007
Heres mine sitting at 34 pounds a few years ago, riding a heavier Intense SS now. Gonna rebuild it for my "real-life female" with a Pike and a Monarch air shock, plus some other lighter bits, so it should get close to 30 pounds for a solid all-around freeride/trail bike. I used to race downhill on this thing fully pinned, and it does just fine.

Attachments