Quantcast

2024 racing thread

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Florida is to Tahoe as Iran is to Germany Sethimus, with about as much cultural difference. I get that geography is hard for some Europeans though.

But you can and should still make fun of Woo for living there. The smart thing to do is get really rich working for one of the big tech companies and then buy a house in Tahoe and spend the rest of your time living in the bay area, just taking your private helicopter in whenever the weather is nice. That's how the real locals there do it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Do you need to put words into my mouth to argue with them too? I expect it from neu bizutch because he's not that bright but not you. Did I say it doesn't snow in poland? I think the entire planet knows that it does.

I live where the donner party happened. A place where 12 ski areas are because guess what it does a lot of here.....

A place that normally looks like this because plow equipment can't keep up. IE exactly what you just said. "properly cleared" is something that millions of dollars of snow removal equipment sometimes can't stay on top of.

I don't 'visit' it once roads are cleared. I live in it.

No some of us live where it actually snows a lot
Well I made comments about ppl not needing 4x4s in all of America and you turned it into "everyone in america lives around lake Tahoe". Don't blame me for turning this into "not all americans..." (have no use for their 4x4). Seriously no reason why this is getting so heated. We are giving you some friendly ribbing and making jokes on the old af stereotype about american knowledge of geography. That's all. I know that if you live where you live a 4x4 makes sense. Not what my comment was about.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Do you think Greg was Honest,or playin the role? What is on that Bike to amaze him?

I am with Westy on this Norco matter,I think he is going to complain about the Bike. Time will tell.

Avy
I tend to agree as well. I've never ridden a v10 but it does seem like a very well executed polished product. Much different than the almost mule like Norco...

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
The way I understand it, the move to Norco is a pre-retirement, where he starts building the team he intend to manage full-time after he retires. Steve Peat took the spot with Santa Cruz, so Greg needed to find another place.

He will certainly want to get good results, but I can imagine building a well run team will be more important for him than his personal race results. If he doesn't like the bike, he will push for modifications, but I'd be surprised to hear him complain in interviews.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The way I understand it, the move to Norco is a pre-retirement, where he starts building the team he intend to manage full-time after he retires. Steve Peat took the spot with Santa Cruz, so Greg needed to find another place.

He will certainly want to get good results, but I can imagine building a well run team will be more important for him than his personal race results. If he doesn't like the bike, he will push for modifications, but I'd be surprised to hear him complain in interviews.
While true it's a bit of a weird choice given Norcos uneven history of race involvment.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Mericun trucks need 4WD because a 4door short bed with one driver and no payload has terrible weight distribution. Most other vehicles need good tires.
I second the tire comment.

When living in OR, I drove a 2WD Volvo wagon all over OR, CA, WA, UT and I never did not get to the place I wanted to get to. Granted, there were times where I wished I had a 4WD truck, but that was less than 0.1% of the time (some sketchy Death Valley side roads, some places in easter OR).
At work here in DK we have a fleet of cars for field work, only 2 are 4WD, a Navara and a 4WD VW Transporter. Rest is FWD Transporters and VW Caddys. Sometimes people get stuck on muddy forest roads or while driving on the beach, but is surprisingly rare. On icy roads I prefer the 2WD cars as they are equipped with winter tires, the 4WD ones have more off-roady tires that have less traction on snow/ice.

I am not denying that you need 4WD in certain situations and that you can go faster on gravel roads, but I especially dislike the high COG on trucks and would always opt for a 4WD wagon on icy/snowy roads.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I tend to agree as well. I've never ridden a v10 but it does seem like a very well executed polished product. Much different than the almost mule like Norco...
I was hoping he would just not talk crazy and enjoy the new team. Already we have gossip.

Norco is still runnin the 4 Bar right? I like Norco,never ridden one,but they have been there a long time. I have had many a dream to own one at point or another over the decades. The N.Shore had a huge impact on this American. They have not been Top 10 in DH,but they are there,given it their best. All the best to them. The pro’s I have heard that rode them,did not have glowing comments,mostly there were riding to high in the cockpit?
I hope the best for Norco.

Avy

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was hoping he would just not talk crazy and enjoy the new team. Already we have gossip.

Norco is still runnin the 4 Bar right? I like Norco,never ridden one,but they have been there a long time. I have had many a dream to own one at point or another over the decades. The N.Shore had a huge impact on this American. They have not been Top 10 in DH,but they are there,given it their best. All the best to them. The pro’s I have heard that rode them,did not have glowing comments,mostly there were riding to high in the cockpit?
I hope the best for Norco.

Avy
Everyone I know who has a Norco or who has ridden one, has really liked it. :confused:

They don't even sell a DH bike at the moment, so who knows what bike Old Greg actually rode and tested...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Unrelated: every time I see that old school Fox logo, it always looks like the aliexpress knockoff version. :rofl:

Sweet team though.

Angel has certainly had to do quite the sponsor juggling act over the last few seasons...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Interestingly no large outside sponsor. How do they fund the team?
BTW: wasn't one reason given for the move away from skinsuits that the riders should ride the kit that people can buy? Who in their right mind buys white pants and pastel orange jerseys? :bad:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Interestingly no large outside sponsor. How do they fund the team?
BTW: wasn't one reason given for the move away from skinsuits that the riders should ride the kit that people can buy? Who in their right mind buys white pants and pastel orange jerseys? :bad:
Nevermind that, how has no one mentioned that Greg is in favor of that MX skinsuit abomination???

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
After Neko announced that Martin Whitely was getting on board I assumed that either Angel or Brooke would be the mystery rider joining the frameworks team.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Blenkinsop on a new bike - anyone know what? I heard Nukeproof but wasn't sure they were doing a team