Quantcast

2017 offseason guessing game - gossip thread

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I heard that whistler is changing brands for their rental fleet. Would make sense for them to match brands with Metailler, I'd think.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Is there an official sponsor for Whistler this year? I doubt he ties all that closely based on years past, Giant was the main deal...That said I might argue with myself here, it might make sense that they bring him on board with the resorts sponsor, it all comes together nicely...

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
IMG_7178.PNG

Confirming what seemed to be pretty well known already. I was still holding out hope for Ratboy though. Maybe he'll stay on as a brand ambassador a la Metailler. Or maybe he'll race for someone else?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Voreis on Niner of all companies. Guess it's good for general trail shredding, I wonder what he'll do for a hardtail - rebadged specialized?

This is thrilling news

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
the impression i got is that ratboy is just sorta burned out on the WC circuit. i kind of suspect he'll step away for this season, possibly next, then come back full gusto
I don't know, I attempted to listen to that interview and he seemed to imply "I raced and wasn't slacking in my runs and I still was not getting good results" ... as if he's feeling he isn't winning so why bother. :hmm:

#midpack4life*

* no, not Bryceland

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Voreis on Niner of all companies. Guess it's good for general trail shredding, I wonder what he'll do for a hardtail - rebadged specialized?

This is thrilling news
In the comments section of the Pinkbike article, the guy from Niner mentioned that Voreis will be free to use whatever 26" hardtail he wants.

Good opportunity for Kidwoo to send a few stickers to Voreis so that he can properly represents the "I ride 26" because fuck you" crew. :p

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In a recent interview I recall Chris Sugai saying they see 27.5+/29er convertible bikes as a great prospect. Maybe Kirt will be riding one of those for his mayhem edits.
If so, I hope the bike comes with a shed-load of extra tires, as I'm going to imagine he will be slicing and dicing those paper thin sidewalls like nobody's business....

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I thought the voreis and niner deal was cool. Loved his 'I bagged a niner' vid. "Yeah Doug I got a niner!"

My first impression of the brand was they were for the roadies/xc/dirt roadies. Until I got their WFO frame (140mm travel) at one of their garage sales. Yes, it rips. Nice to see them doing something with a rider I can relate to.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
but do most brits understand what the fuck him or Hart is saying??
There's no accent in the UK I don't understand...But I am educated, cultured and well travelled. Not all Brits are. In certain parts of the UK locals locals struggle to understand my accent... this isn't necessarily always a bad thing though.

the Uk is only small compaared to the States but our accents and the vocabulary used changes in as small a distance as from town to town. infact. I now live out in the country only 10 miles from the Capital 1 mile from one village and 2 miles from another. each have quite different accents. My kids go to different Schools 5 miles apart and again the kids in each have completely different accents and use very different language. Ratty isn't difficult to understand at all... The nasal twang is probably what you're struggling most with. I spoke to Josh a fair few times when he was a kid and he didn't have that then. he's cultivated it in adulthood.

To give you an example of what I'm talking about here. Danny Hart has always mumbled and spoken like he's about to send himself to sleep any second. His Dad does too. Their accents are from the North East of England, only 70 miles South from me in Scotland.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Out of interest. how many of these accents can you (non UK) guys understand (fully)?