Quantcast

2016 Uzzi

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
@kidwoo The reason the v10 is different is beacuse the sock is driven with the lower link. That's why that bike is rideable and the rest feel like poo

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's not entirely why. You can design a top link driven shock setup with a sane leverage ratio (I've done it trying to come up with another top link to make their trailbikes unweird).

They just don't.

It might be a little easier but it's not mandatory.

If they'd left the lower link the same or close on that bronson and used the new bronson upper link position, you get something a lot better. It's something they obviously very deliberately do.

This new uzzi isn't that arced.......it's just really really progressive.

Last edited:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
So, no love for the new Delirium in this thread? I don't have any idea what the leverage rate curve looks like but knolly definitely does that better than most.

Numbers on the new one look pretty good. Not as much rear travel as I prefer for a DH bike replacement where I ride, but cool bike none the less.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
definitely one to consider. curious about frame weights for both (not that it matters much if you're looking at this kind of bike, but just wonder whether they shed any weight as compared to the predecessors). also wonder what the eye-to-eye on the shock is for both. and yeah, the travel on the new delirium is a little less than one might like, perhaps.

Ralston88

Chimp
Oct 13, 2015
Great thread, currently have a 2013 Uzzi with a Van RC shock and think it rides great, however it's my first bouncy bike so anything compared to a hardtail is probably gonna feel good!

Can someone please show a 2013 uzzi leverage curve and V10 and explain why it's good / bad as they're both VPP bikes but apparently ride different? Also what does the new Uzzi look like? And due to the progressiveness of the leverage curve does this not just make more force into the shock so therefore you would want an air shock? Also how do these compare to trek session and / or TR250s?

I have put an angleset on my uzzi to run at 64.5, however was also thinking of changing to the new X2 air shock from my Van RC, is this a bad idea?

I just hope intense have sorted their quality issues out! I got a lucky..... Others didn't!

Cheers Chris

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Not sure. I found it on a german forum. The mainframe appears to be Carbon. Palmer was on an alloy frame. I didn't see any other versions of this one.

The upper linkage appears to be a lot longer in the Carbon version. Maybe a Santa Cruz V6?
Me likes it a lot. There should also be plenty of room for a bottle cage too.
Finally they picked up Sandwichs idea of the interrupted seatpost!

crewsdawg

Chimp
Oct 8, 2008
Great thread, you dudes are tech-neck supreme. Maybe your collective knowledgezzz can help me figure out what the "best" DH frame for me to pick up would be based on my style/trails I plan to ride...

I already own a gen3 Nomad, so I'm very used to the VPP platform...plus having lifetime frame warranty, free bearings, blah blah blah originally made me thinks sticking with Santa Cruz and buying V10 was my best option...but I'm not sure anymore....

No racing here. Just Colorado bike parks, the (hopefully) annual trip to Whistler, some shuttle runs when we can, etc.. I want something that will make me confident blasting through gnar because of stability but still be lively...my style def lends more to jibbing and who doesn't love to boost a tabletop?

Basically, I'm looking at a V10 or YT Tues - two very different designs... as I understand it, the V10 is a plow bike - made to take seconds off the clock, whereas the Tues would be more "playful" and easier to jump (although still a fuggin' race bike duhhhhh).

Anyone had experience on these that can steer me one way or the other? Thanks, and hooray for boobies.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Hi Guys!

Did an analysis to the new Uzzi, and the bike is Insane! Check it out! Bye

Compare it to older version of Antidote Life line (the alu one I think). I remember the ratio shit one of the designers mentioned and it was just nuts. The new one is better (supposedly).