Quantcast

2012 Zerode G-1 Anodized Images

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Okay for those that have not seen it yet here are the file of the new frame. Will eventually get other colors in to shoot. I spent 5 minutes lighting and no editing so no grief on files. I will tweak primary file some more on Monday....

So the frame is 1.5LBS lighter and has the 3 color options. She is now coming standard with a CCDB with RC4 optional and a polycarb bash guard instead of carbon not in pics....it should build to mid 38's pretty easily.

WX8P0162.jpgWX8P0165.jpgWX8P0169 copy.jpgWX8P0172.jpgWX8P0173.jpgWX8P0183 copy.jpgWX8P0184 copy.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Love it. A tiny bit larger frame and I'd have bought one of these instead of my DHR. Presume the re-sizes won't come until the new manufacturer?

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
I love almost everything about this frame, except am i the only one that thinks they should think about talking to a different graphic designer? The frames futuristic aesthetic deserves a better decal kit in my mind.... But hey, what do i know, i'm sitting on a couch drinking coffee right now

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
very nice! substantial diet as well. great to see they're still rolling out the frames; not easy staying afloat w/ a niche product like this these days. well done.

anybody have any intel about potential future shorter travel bikes? the prospect of a gearbox am rig makes me salivate.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
I love almost everything about this frame, except am i the only one that thinks they should think about talking to a different graphic designer? The frames futuristic aesthetic deserves a better decal kit in my mind.... But hey, what do i know, i'm sitting on a couch drinking coffee right now
I actually like the decals, I like the way the zerode reads on the top tube, although the crash test dummy bit at the head tube doesnt inspire confidence ;)

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
i wanna try one damnit !!.. not sure i wanna switch out the ol summum for it..but its close..

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
sick looking bike. I would like to ride one in person.

i hate the graphics too, but that isn't much different than most other bikes out there.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
No they are looking at ways to mod them. What they are doing now is using ATF in them as opposed to the standard Shimano grease. We are going to get some Di2 versions to see if they will fit for 2013 possibly.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I will be in slo this weekend how might I check one out?
The Black one in these images will be sent off either Thursday or Friday. Right now it is the only one we have. Once all team riders are lined up we should be getting our Demo bike built up fairly soon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's still awesome...but man does this bike really need a remote res shock...keep it out of the rocks!

I really hope production stays in the US or Aus/NZ areas...

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
....and if we read between the lines, maybe this will give them the push to switch the big bike to carbon as well.

....with Di2 shifting.
yep. the obvious evolutionary trajectory. and yeah, electro shifting to replace the twister would be rad too...

i'm going into my 6th season on the lahar; the bike has been bomber, and maintenance is ridiculously minimal - pretty much limited to oiling the chains. the fork has a higher maintenance frequency than anything else on the bike. amazing tech; i don't plan on ever owning a dh bike w/ a derailleur again. hoping my next (am) bike purchase won't have one either...

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
unfortunately, the G1 doesnt use a gripshift
ah right, forgot about that. i actually don't have anything against twisters, having lived w/ a rohloff for a few years. eliminating the cables, as well as the opportunity to have left / right electronic paddle shifters is just rad however.