Quantcast

2008 Iron Horse Sunday pics

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
My FOX-servicecenter took my 07 sunday DHX 3.0 apart and said the shock was standard (propedal spring). I think the low-speed felt harsher then on my previous bikes so we backed it off a little (more preload on pp-spring).
Didn´t like the feel of the stock 3.0 at all on the sunday. Maybe it´s because I´m a fairly light rider, I don´t know...
I think high/low speed rebound adjustments would make bigger differences on bike handling/feel than a little tune on the low-speed comp. Vivid will be interesting to try indeed.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
wow. and to think I made the statement of "it's so popular b/c there is a Sunday at several price points.".

OH...and 185mm rotors and Juicy Carbons? Anybody in Semi-Pro besides me who's 180+ and need to STOP?

Selling my 07 Sunday decked out w/ Thomson bits, I9 wheels and DH40 at $4 grand...doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
wow. and to think I made the statement of "it's so popular b/c there is a Sunday at several price points.".

OH...and 185mm rotors and Juicy Carbons? Anybody in Semi-Pro besides me who's 180+ and need to STOP?

Selling my 07 Sunday decked out w/ Thomson bits, I9 wheels and DH40 at $4 grand...doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore.
ive never understood replacing a decked out bike like that for a new "same bike" if there isnt any considerable wear and tear on it.

Id say keep your current ride

(ofcourse if youre sponsored and need to be on the new season stock all the time)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
ive never understood replacing a decked out bike like that for a new "same bike" if there isnt any considerable wear and tear on it.

Id say keep your current ride

(ofcourse if youre sponsored and need to be on the new season stock all the time)
Butch is not sponsored he is just a fancy boy.

A actually like keeping the same frame as you get everything to settle and you get all the little problems taken care off plus it leaves you more time to fine tune. 3rd year on the Sunday.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I'm not top shelf racer material, but I enjoy racing top shelf equipment yearly. And I don't like replacing parts alot. Plus, until DH suspension, frames and moving parts are as durable as a moto, I'll do my best to trade in for new yearly. I've never traded in for a turd except once to an RM9..heh.

Also, come time to buy a new bike, a few hundred bikes to upgrade to brand new is much cheaper than 2 seasons later trying to unload a beat down, scraped up outdated model which you probably had to sink hundreds of dollars in upgrades, rebuilt suspension and bearings, etc. And the buyer of a 2 year old bike usually inherits some form of headache.
I pass on my bike each year and some lucky kid gets an awesome deal on a decked out bike with very little wear for less than what he normally could!

I'm also proud that most every bike/frame I've ever owned is still in service. One in Brazil, one in some weird European country, several in the US. Pretty cool if you ask me.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Butch is not sponsored he is just a fancy boy.

A actually like keeping the same frame as you get everything to settle and you get all the little problems taken care off plus it leaves you more time to fine tune. 3rd year on the Sunday.
And Clause, you are not allowed to use the name "Butch" and "fancy pants" in the same sentence. One is slang for lesbian, the other for gay. Essentially a slang double negative. It's like calling someone a carpet eatin' metrosexual.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
To bad they changed the juicy 5´s for codes on the Team. Four more pistons to get stuck in the mud...

Sgt.Retro

Chimp
Jun 26, 2007
Franconia
Just came back from Eurobike with some news for the 08´Sundays you won´t find on the updated homepage!

First of all: all complete-bikes and frame-kits will be available something between oct/nov this year! Hope so!

Complete-bikes are all made in taiwan and there is nothing new except from colours and graphics!

There will only be two frame-kits this year and they will be made in U.S.A.!

One in white with green graphics and a black lower link, and a black one with white graphics and a green lower link!
And they will be specd with a DHX 5.0 and come with e.13 reducer cups and a orbit head-set!

All these informations are supplied without liability.

For pics check the new homepage!