Quantcast

2007 Morewood Shova LT *Pics*

ramsay

Chimp
Oct 21, 2006
Thought that I would throw up some pics of my nearly completed Shova LT. Just a few more items to be put. Don't have a weight yet, but it should be in the high 37's or low 38's. Not to bad for a fully capable DH bike.

Final Build
2007 Shova LT
Shova LT (large)
Manitou Travis Ti (180mm)
Formula Bianco's (180mm rear, 203mm front)
Cane Creek Double Barrel (with Ti)
Cane Creek Double XC Flush
Holzfeller 170mm
e.13 LG-1
Crank Brothers Mallet M
Sram XO Rr. Der. and Shifter
Easton EA70 Low Rise
SDG BelAir
i9's laced to 721's (on the way)

Here is an '07 Izimu for comparison. The front ends on both bikes could be dropped another 1/2 before the lower crowns will contact ther reverse arch. This will happen before the reverse arch contacts the frame (on the Izimu and Shova LT).

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
I LOVE the shova LT.
That and the Turner HL were my only other choices when it came
time for my new rig this year!
Lookin great :)

ramsay

Chimp
Oct 21, 2006
The attention to detail is very impressive. The addition of cable keepers along the downtube this year will help for an even more clean routing. Very excited to start getting out on these.

Will, the wait is worth it. The color is better than I had imagined... it is hot. If everything comes in time I am going to try and make it down to CT this coming weekend for some riding. Looking forward to getting off the road bike and into some dirt.

ramsay

Chimp
Oct 21, 2006
This is with a tape measure and myself measuring. So no promises on accuracy.

Wheelbase:
Izimu 118cm
Shova 114cm

What is front-center? Front axle to bb?

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004

Wheelbase:
Izimu 118cm
Shova 114cm

yes indeed.

it looks so good ahhh. :imstupid:

when are you getting the rest of your stuff in?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB

Wheelbase:
Izimu 118cm
Shova 114cm

BB to front axle, yeah. I just want to get an idea of fit.

ramsay

Chimp
Oct 21, 2006
swingarm looks exactly the same on both bikes. *edit: actually they almost look identical.
The swingarms are very similar, but Izimu has 150x12mm spacing and the Shova LT has 135x12mm. I believe that the Shova swingarm is slightly shorter, but I am not sure about this. They do use the same der. hangers though.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i can't say the red is really my choice for color, but got damn is morewood making some hot rigs. i was looking at a shova lt but i couldn't find info on it back when i was getting a bike. it may be the next bike i get if i decide to go with a long travel rig again, but i'm still thinking something like a bottlerocket or some other slopestyle bike might be better for me. i'm going to race the sea otter though, so if i discover that i like racing again, i may have to stick with longer travel bikes and get the shova. quick question, how do you guys decide when it is time for a new bike? it can't just be desire, or can it?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Demo 9, if you are at the Open stop by our pits and ask for Andrew. You can take my LT out for a few runs. Then you can make an arguement supported by facts instead of your typical slander
i have a swinger and it blows up almost 5 times a year. B.T.W.- i dont know this for a fact but arent the internals from the travis made of plastic? when is the last time anybody has seen a stance kingpin work?

if the travis works for u good but as far as all the manitous i have seen nothin they have works.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
i have a swinger and it blows up almost 5 times a year. B.T.W.- i dont know this for a fact but arent the internals from the travis made of plastic? when is the last time anybody has seen a stance kingpin work?

if the travis works for u good but as far as all the manitous i have seen nothin they have works.
Plastic? some, yes. Every other fork? yes, some plastic as well.

the stance kingpin is the worst fork in the history of the world, but what does that have to do with the travis?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Plastic? some, yes. Every other fork? yes, some plastic as well.

the stance kingpin is the worst fork in the history of the world, but what does that have to do with the travis?
well it was a general statement about manitou. i dont knwo much about the travis but i will be surprised if it works.(good)i hope it does cause alot of people bought them. but as far as manitou-dumping all their riders!the other forks that dont work so well. (except dorado) and the swingers which never work.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I really think a Fox or 888 would suite the bike better IMHO. The bike has a clean no frill look to it, and the frame is definitely the bomb!

How is that Cane Creek?

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
Thought that I would throw up some pics of my nearly completed Shova LT. Just a few more items to be put. Don't have a weight yet, but it should be in the high 37's or low 38's. Not to bad for a fully capable DH bike.
So do you think the Shova LT could be built into a kind of "do it all bike", meaning DH as well as trail riding? How does it pedal, and how nimble does it feel? I'm considering getting one, as SX trails and Reign X's are apparently pretty scarce right now. Thanks.

ramsay

Chimp
Oct 21, 2006
I really think a Fox or 888 would suite the bike better IMHO. The bike has a clean no frill look to it, and the frame is definitely the bomb!

How is that Cane Creek?
I ran a 40 last year and liked it, but I wanted to try something different this season. Heard some good things about the Travis (from racers and mechanics) so I thought that I would give it a go. The little bit of time that I do have working with the fork I have been very impressed. I will have a better opinion of it in a month or so once I get some time with it.

As for the Cane Creek... It rocks. I ran one all of last season. All of these "too go to be true" rumors floating around are the truth. Huge range of adjustability, amazing ride, and never had a problem the whole season (lots and lots of riding). I think the fact that I decided to shell out and put the Double Barrel on both my bikes is a testament to the shock. It is great.

So do you think the Shova LT could be built into a kind of "do it all bike", meaning DH as well as trail riding? How does it pedal, and how nimble does it feel? I'm considering getting one, as SX trails and Reign X's are apparently pretty scarce right now. Thanks.
It can be built into a "do it all bike" with a head for the gravity side. Unlike the Izimu you can run a derailleur up front with a e.13 DRS. Two rings, long tavel single crown, and a quality shock would make for a great bike. They (all morewoods) pedal pretty well. A shock with low speed compression and rebound adjustments will make it pedal even better. The LT is super nimble for a bike the is fully capable. If you ever see me or any other Northeast Sovereign(NES) members (red frames) give us a shout and you can take a LT for a pedal.

I can't believe Mavic is using Singletrack stickers on this years 721s. :think:
Yeah, they are on the way. I just threw some wheels on for the photo.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
That is muthaf-ing P-I-M-P!!!! With a Totem, that thing would be a sweet ass Downieville DH rig....I gotta work some ot and build one up.

I talked to Richard last week and ordered a set of I9's for my Izimu. 823's w/red spokes and black hubs.....

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
haha i keep coming back to this thread to look at the bikes. the color is actually growing on me a lot, i'd have to give it high marks on the pimp factor scale, both for being unique and hot. does morewood do custom color stuff, or is it just for teams? as for all you manitou haters, i totally agree on some of your claims, but the entire stance line is absolute garbage. the rear shocks are hit and miss, some like them, some hate them because they break all the time, but the ones that i have ridden that are still working feel damn good. keep your eyes open for manitou though because hayes has taken aggressive moves towards getting the product line back in order. i personally love my travis, and my dad's new minute (which he got for free because his old one exploded) is super plush and very stiff with a great feel.

MorewoodKid

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
In the woods...
Hey Andrew nice ride!

Hoping to catch up with you guys at the Open! Provided I can kick start my rhino in time and get my ass out of Africa...

Cheers,
Andre

P.S Regards to all of the NES crew!

ramsay

Chimp
Oct 21, 2006
Hey Andrew nice ride!

Hoping to catch up with you guys at the Open! Provided I can kick start my rhino in time and get my ass out of Africa...

Cheers,
Andre

Andre, get that rhino into overdrive. It will be nice to have you back in the states.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hey man, thanks for those numbers.

One more thing: how's the fit of the large for you, and how tall are you?

Thanks a lot!

Froggy

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
New Fairfield, CT
Hey Andrew nice ride!

Cheers,
Andre

Thanks for all your help yesterday...let me know when your coming into JFK...I'll have the truck loaded with ladies and beers...ok beer...don't tell my wife about the ladies:poster_oops: