Quantcast

☕️Thirsty Thursday GMT

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I was having a good day until the end of the day, did some hydraulic stuff, run the hydraulics till the relief does its thing and bam, hydraulic hose blew with probably 2000Psi in it, then all you can do is watch as the cylinder retracts and oil goes everywhere, it's soul destroying, hahaha!
A piece of plexi stopped it from being hydraulic oil bukkake party for me, so that was good.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I was having a good day until the end of the day, did some hydraulic stuff, run the hydraulics till the relief does its thing and bam, hydraulic hose blew with probably 2000Psi in it, then all you can do is watch as the cylinder retracts and oil goes everywhere, it's soul destroying, hahaha!
A piece of plexi stopped it from being hydraulic oil bukkake party for me, so that was good.
I used to relish the moment when hydro's blew on the equipment because that meant a 2 hour trip to town for new hoses until the company decided to put a parker hose machine in the job trailer.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have never had a bike stand, do I want a Minoura W-3100?
$250AUD delivered, it's steel and made in Japan, clamp design looks okay.......
1665663808112.png

I don't want a properly portable one as I am not taking it to other people's houses, bring your bike to me if you want it fixed or EAD.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
got mugged by my furbots when the alarm went off. All 4 dogs jumped on my back, took me 5 minutes to calm them down to get myself out of bed and start up the espresso machine and feed the hungry hoard at the same time. Easy work day on tap YAY,

Tonight is stock the RV fridge so I can get on the road as soon as I get home on Friday. EMT gig in Sacramento this weekend

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Overwhelmed. At work, in life. Always too much to do and no time or energy to do it.

Gutters are up and doing their thing. Wife wanted black, so we got black. Hoping this shall prevent further rot and degradation along the house sill area.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Not sure what's on tap today. I guess I'll just drink coffee until the fires start.

In other news, my 1up rack is supposed to show up on Saturday, which means I can finally set aside smuggling plums for awhile, and go hit the trails.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Feeling the urge to get a new xc bike. However the unavailability of anything is quickly dampening that urge.
Wife and I wanted/needed new XC bikes for some racing plans this year and going forward. I wanted a Blur TR, ended up buying a SpecialEd Epic EVO from Mass for me that they shipped and driving a couple of hours to pickup the one for my wife from a dealer the other side of our state. Not a chance of getting the Blur TR's anytime soon when I was needing them.
Soon.....
New bike "soon"??

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I am more grumpy than usual today.

Had an X-ray to check if I have cracked ribs. They told me wait 4 days for results. FOR A CRACKED RIB!!! And that's when i went with private healthcare. Fffs.

Also the tax man claims I didn't pay some shit I did pay because our shit trumpian government overspent and they need money so they are going after literally everyone

Also my boss is inventing dumb shit which is of no benefit to the company but it fits neatly in his head so I have extra work.

So I am kinda waiting for some good news as today has been draining AF.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Feeling the urge to get a new xc bike. However the unavailability of anything is quickly dampening that urge.
I know direct order is bad but the bikes you can buy on YT's site are bikes that they have in stock so you get them in a week. They have a 130mm bike but no typical XC bike though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Getting smoky here again. We need rain so badly. Think I might need to make a trip up to BC to escape. Western Canuck Monkeys, who's around?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
used, new to me, and soon is now.
I grabbed a Mach 6 on a great deal, basically my RFX with better geometry for me. I'll swap a few parts from my bike over to this, sell the RFX :-)() and slowly lighten 'er up and get this thing dialed.
View attachment 183180
is your rfx metal or plastic...?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Well fuck. . . Soon.
What did you Soon?
used, new to me, and soon is now.
I grabbed a Mach 6 on a great deal, basically my RFX with better geometry for me. I'll swap a few parts from my bike over to this, sell the RFX :-)() and slowly lighten 'er up and get this thing dialed.
View attachment 183180
Will we see it for tomorrows shenanigans or sticking with old faithful?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
One of our VF2s ran out of way grease, Haas EOLed their grease with no cross reference to a non HAAS branded grease, so I get the glorius job of switching over their grease system for oil. Yay!

I have never had a bike stand, do I want a Minoura W-3100?
$250AUD delivered, it's steel and made in Japan, clamp design looks okay.......
View attachment 183166

I don't want a properly portable one as I am not taking it to other people's houses, bring your bike to me if you want it fixed or EAD.
I have that stand, or maybe the older version of it since the feet are a little different. I believe I've had it since maybe 1998ish, for sure pre 2000. Gets a thumbs up from me.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
FB has no sense of humor...

someone posted in the GFX user group what they liked about their gfx 50R....

my response was i could beat a man with it...pause ....take a picture....and continue on with the beating and it would still work flawlessly at the end...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Had an X-ray to check if I have cracked ribs. They told me wait 4 days for results. FOR A CRACKED RIB!!! And that's when i went with private healthcare. Fffs.
Sounds like your radiologists need some more pay (as to attract more of them and reduce turnaround). Weekdays we read outpatients before 24h here, often 4-6 hours if done during the day when we are caught up from the prior day.

/me is likely getting a RadWagon 4 today. Better for multi kid carrying, via the Denver e-bike rebate in part (with a paltry $50 extra off as I’m nominally an educator)

50939CF5-8C5F-42E0-B5A5-626734F5067B.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
There were many wants and a Trek Top Fuel check the boxes. The new geo is what I was looking for. I kind of wanted an Epic Evo but I am not patient enough to wait that long
Carrying two bottles on the bike was a need for me as the races are generally going to be ultra endurance, 100 milers or maybe down to marathon distance etc. Local Trek store didn't have much at the time either.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of our VF2s ran out of way grease, Haas EOLed their grease with no cross reference to a non HAAS branded grease, so I get the glorius job of switching over their grease system for oil. Yay!

I have that stand, or maybe the older version of it since the feet are a little different. I believe I've had it since maybe 1998ish, for sure pre 2000. Gets a thumbs up from me.
Linear or box ways?

If linear use whatever the rail manufacturer suggests. If box way GTFO, shouldn't be using grease in the first place.