Quantcast

|[●▪▪●]| Freeplay Friday GMT |[●▪▪●]|

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
LONG week! Parent Teacher conferences for our MS "at risk" kids -= me getting to be the one teacher that speaks positively about your child. My room welcomes all and kids who otherwise don't succeed do so I guess I love my job!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Finally got outside for a short walk. Strolled down to the lake and ventured out into the wind a bit. The little ice huts villages are up and running now and two people were out there with their kites.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
TGIF. A couple of major accomplishments today: didn't give two shitz about work, rode my bike, cooked chicken adobo, didn't buy another knife.

The last item may be a temporary win, we shall see.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
TGIF. A couple of major accomplishments today: didn't give two shitz about work, rode my bike, cooked chicken adobo, didn't buy another knife.

The last item may be a temporary win, we shall see.
How do you manage all that before 6pm?

:dead:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
5131E7C5-CDD7-47C4-B3A7-A591802781A3.jpeg

Advance Auto Parts’ tester said my old battery had low cranking amps and should be replaced. Thus it is happening

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Boss came to me extremely apologetically, saying somehow my name was left off a patent filing, but was caught just in time and added before submitting.

Ironically, I had no idea it was supposed to be.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Snau on the way to the mountains. One stuck bus. Probably passed 100 cars going up Berthoud.

860BB8F6-9C70-42FA-A64B-EA534D57504E.jpeg

93554304-2563-4BBF-9F2A-BE59DC75FD5A.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here's your DougCo "conservative* brilliance of the day... Hannah is having a playdate with a friend from school. Mom and Wifey are talking about which school he's going to next year. There's a new community waaaay out in the SW corner of the county that doesn't have any schools built. Somehow it got built without that being part of the requirement (thank you DougCo for not taking from profits). There was a bond last election to fund 3 new schools out there and some adtl funding for the district.

Says she doesn't know what they're going to do because the nearest school is 5 miles away and none are being built. I mentioned, for Wifey, that was the bond that didn't pass. Mom "yeah... That's one on me. I just didn't want to pay more taxes and didn't realize it was for building the schools".

We get an annual info booklet "the blue book" about everything on the ballot. That was the 1st line about 5a/b.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here's your DougCo "conservative* brilliance of the day... Hannah is having a playdate with a friend from school. Mom and Wifey are talking about which school he's going to next year. There's a new community waaaay out in the SW corner of the county that doesn't have any schools built. Somehow it got built without that being part of the requirement (thank you DougCo for not taking from profits). There was a bond last election to fund 3 new schools out there and some adtl funding for the district.

Says she doesn't know what they're going to do because the nearest school is 5 miles away and none are being built. I mentioned, for Wifey, that was the bond that didn't pass. Mom "yeah... That's one on me. I just didn't want to pay more taxes and didn't realize it was for building the schools".

We get an annual info booklet "the blue book" about everything on the ballot. That was the 1st line about 5a/b.
Bad spelling rated as it still hasn't been converted to a homer SMRT instead.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Had a pretty fucking somber moment with the 5yo in the car on the way home after dinner. He asked why my parents (62 and 61yo) look so much older than my in-laws (a bit younger, late 50s), and why my dad walks with a cane sometimes. I had to explain how both my parents always had a much more physically demanding life, whether it was their job (dad) or around the house (both, DIY vs paying people). FIL is an accountant/CFO and MIL was a stay at home mom most of her life with occasional part time office jobs. Then it went into why that was the case, career paths and what enables that (college, etc). Then he went on to tell me he wanted to work the same place I work and have me leave my stuff there so they can remind him of me.

Yea, I fucking cried. For many reasons I guess.