Quantcast

|[●▪▪●]| Freeplay Friday GMT |[●▪▪●]|

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Heading NW on the island to find a couple secluded beaches only accessible via water taxi, should be interesting.

View attachment 188375

latest beach bungalo Airbnb has got some cool vibes

Still freezing temps in AZ
I am jelly. Here it's wet, dark and dumb. Some moron thought it was a good idea to have a pan european time zone from Poland to Spain. So the sun sets at 3.50PM...

Also I fixed my fridge so there is that.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What up doe! Swam 2700 yards this morning. That was my third swim this week. I swam three times the prior six weeks combined. It's good to be back at it. WFH day and I'll scoot out for a run at some point. My bike workout last night kicked my ass so I expect tired run legs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

That was the first night and morning where I've had no pain or discomfort in the abdomen area. Perhaps my ureter and poop chute are in the clear? Don't want to jinx it, knock on wood, but fingers crossed!

Work and coffee.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello peoples

Land Cruiser started up just fine this morning, go figure

work 7-4 pm from the hospital, then off to the mountains as usual

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS is 12 already. Team outing last night for member retiring at end of Feb. Had a chance to talk with manager about guy who just quit (who was there - good relationship w/in team) and due to the timing of his resigning, was able to take his entire raise and bonus then split to rest of team. Will be a nice boost, but I still plan on starting my applying once my current class is done in a few weeks. Schwab and Fidelity both pay substantially more, with the biggest thing I'd be losing are my time off flexibility. I took over 1.5mos off last year vs. I will have only weeks at either. But with $40-60k more... that's retire years earlier type of money. I'm looking at 53, while Hannah is in HS still, but one can only take so much. I'm not sure I can do 10 more years.

More studying today and through the weekend. Test for this section is next Sunday, so need to top it off. Then start on the Financial Plan and my 10-week test prep course for the July test.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Listening to Mr. Bungle’s “The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny Demo” and it’s taking me back to 1987. Might have to queue up Stormtroopers of Death “Speak English or Die” next.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Espresso and peanut butter filled pretzels for breakfast, so my day has really peaked, all downhill from here.

Wife's car got rear ended by a tweaker last week and dropped off at the shop yesterday, she ended up with a Lexus Nx as a rental, been trying to convince her to get rid of the Edge and get an Nx for a while, her only thoughts on the thing are "It sucks", so I guess that's a no on the upgrade

But with $40-60k more... that's buy an RV and a trailer and start attending out of state kart races type of money.
FIFY

Also, semi worth considering, what are you actually going to do with your time when you're retired, and what are you going to not do in the near term if you lose your time off? I had an inverse situation and went with less money, pushed back retirement and time off now, seemed like a better bargain. Granted my previous job had me working tons of nights/weekends so the time requirement went beyond just the normal 40 hours/week.

For me "retire early" just means I'll end up with a fun job to keep myself busy/out of trouble, so pushing it back (not back-back, just to like 60ish) wasn't a big deal. If you're one of those weirdos who can retire and actually be retired, that may be more enticing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
="maxyedor, post: 4683601, member: 13752"
Also, semi worth considering, what are you actually going to do with your time when you're retired, and what are you going to not do in the near term if you lose your time off? I had an inverse situation and went with less money, pushed back retirement and time off now, seemed like a better bargain. Granted my previous job had me working tons of nights/weekends so the time requirement went beyond just the normal 40 hours/week.

For me "retire early" just means I'll end up with a fun job to keep myself busy/out of trouble, so pushing it back (not back-back, just to like 60ish) wasn't a big deal. If you're one of those weirdos who can retire and actually be retired, that may be more enticing.
Oh, I can do "nothing", don't you worry. I can find time to ride, travel, read , etc. The big thing is the time off, which we keep getting stuck on. The amount of time I take off is worth about $32k after taxes. But my boss doesn't give a shit, since I get everything done and have held my position as a top performer nationally for years.

I'm in that catch-22 spot that for the most part, I really like my job, I just hate working. When we lost our admin was when I got particularly frustrated and we're not getting a new one, which is very fucking annoying.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, I can do "nothing", don't you worry. I can find time to ride, travel, read , etc. The big thing is the time off, which we keep getting stuck on. The amount of time I take off is worth about $32k after taxes. But my boss doesn't give a shit, since I get everything done and have held my position as a top performer nationally for years.

I'm in that catch-22 spot that for the most part, I really like my job, I just hate working. When we lost our admin was when I got particularly frustrated and we're not getting a new one, which is very fucking annoying.
I get that a lot of this is your test studying, but once you get that out of the way I'd suggest sticking with your current job and rediscovering doing things in your vaunted time off that aren't home maintenance

just sayin'

:D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@rideit sorry to hear. Safe travels and experiences dude!

Sitting in an engine room babysitting an experimental device that measures ethylene ppm's. Oh the joy, oh the horror, oh the human it eees.

20230127_103108.jpg

Can Friday happen any faster? My ribcage isnt happy. No bikes for me even if it's warm as warm gets for the middle of winter.

I'm going to buy a 29" fork for my v3 Spitfire. It's gonna be a mixed wheel contender rather than dismantle and try to sell the frame. Known frame defects could impact re-sell value so I guess I'll just keep riding it.

Everyone that I know who retires from their job without a plate of extra curricular activities goes down hill mentally. Building stuff, taking a new job, having projects... whatever it takes to keep the mind active and looking forward to the next move. I also read that retired people who don't have a set daily schedule do better mentally and physically. I guess the take it as it comes attitude is healthier than the alternative. Makes sense to me!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Everyone that I know who retires from their job without a plate of extra curricular activities goes down hill mentally. Building stuff, taking a new job, having projects... whatever it takes to keep the mind active and looking forward to the next move. I also read that retired people who don't have a set daily schedule do better mentally and physically. I guess the take it as it comes attitude is healthier than the alternative. Makes sense to me!
I'd drive across the Midwest with a go kart on a trailer^H^H^H^H ski or ride every weekday, and use the weekends for fine dining in the city

@rideit ...

I had zero problem filling my life with 200% extracurriculars when I retired.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A FTS end of a FTS week. Think I am going to jump on le bike now to make some nice ruts in the omnipresent mud and to get teh new dentist cranks muddy and dinged up, so that's nice.