Quantcast

<~•~>Freakin Friday<~•~>

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Estoy trabajando hoy, FAC ride later, probability of cervezas after is high. Good friends of ours just got back from a month long dive trip in Indonesia, looking forward to catching up with them and hearing all aboot it. And only four (4) sleeps until MR. BUNGLE w/ (the) MELVINS!! Super excited about that. Now where'd I put those earplugs?

Also, relevant to today's GMT...

Here. Too much work today. Need to schedule appt for car inspection ASAP so that we can get trailer and kart dealt with.

Showed Haley her new kart and her first comment is that it's neon green and not blue anymore. She fucking kills me. Her entire race kit is blue and black, so I get her position, but she's killing me. I told her that she's free to buy a sticker kit that she likes, but I doubt she wants to front a couple hundred bucks for it.

Current:
View attachment 193718

New:
View attachment 193719

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
This morning's espresso was utter perfection. The rest of the morning, not so much

apparently not illegal in our township. but not our county. my wife and a neighbor actually went to a township meeting to ask them to adopt an ordinance against it.
You want to borrow a Coyote? We have plenty around here, and they're very efficient when it comes to chicken mitigation.

In related news my neighbors no longer have enough fresh eggs to share.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awesome. I don't want to sound like a knowitall, but this worked extensively well for me in eastern MA, and I have a mostly poison ivy free yard.

I use a combination of Bayer Brush killer and HDX weed and grass killer concentrate. This is basically triclopyr and glyphosate concentrates mixed to their appropriate strength in combination in a sprayer. I use whatever the recommended dose is, probably 1 capful (of each) into 1L of spray fun times. The combo is important because I think the two herbicides work differently...triclopyr being more systemic while roundup kills the leaves or something.

There are some tricks to PI:
Don't apply in a drought, the plant is too hardy. I like to try and wait for a rainstorm then do it shortly thereafter. Don't do it before in order to prevent runoff.
If you have vines, cut them twice and remove the chunk that you cut. Put concentrate directly on the stump or spray the hell out of it. Make sure the upper vine cannot reattach.
Spray the underside and top side of the leaves. Really soak the buggers. Spray everything that you can see, but don't worry too much about the stems- the leaves are more critical as I believe that's how the chemical is absorbed.
Be careful of overspray- this combo will kill anything it touches. I will try and manually (ie wearing gloves) remove the entirety of a plant if it's in my garden or planted areas. A touch with the roundup combo above will kill a lot of things.

I've had good PI control in my yard since I started doing this. I used it at our last house to eradicate PI in the yard and it did a wonderful job. I've used it at our new house as well, but the idea behind a good remedy should be that you don't have to do it often, so I think I've been pretty successful. The last ivy spot is way in the back and I have to get all suited up to get back there and not get covered in it.

I know that some people want a more natural approach and I wish that were reasonable, but my attitude is if you spray herbicide carefully and do it correctly, you shouldn't have to do it many times. If you are pissing roundup into space then yeah that's bad. I think the last time I sprayed was 4 years ago- I've manually removed some plants since then but that's it. I may make up some this year as I want to tackle the stuff way back in the corner of our yard.
We'd have to smuggle some roundup across the border to do that.

Its good they banned it here, because pissing chemicals into space etc, but I'd like some for the stinging nettle plant that grows up against our fence. Every time I cut the grass I brush my legs up against it by accident :rofl: Its not poison ivy horrible, but the plant just doesn't die.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Its good they banned it here, because pissing chemicals into space etc, but I'd like some for the stinging nettle plant that grows up against our fence. Every time I cut the grass I brush my legs up against it by accident :rofl: Its not poison ivy horrible, but the plant just doesn't die.
My wife didn't know what stinging nettles were until she visited the UK with me :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

My wife didn't know what stinging nettles were until she visited the UK with me :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They suddenly discovered the cart can't be replaced for $199 from Walmart?
Basically. "Can you please show the damage?" Yes. Let me put it on the bending table and take 4 pictures with a measuring tape. Does that mean anything now? No. Because nobody has any fucking idea about race karts.

I just had to explain a functioning, non-race ready kart to him though. That was fun.

Kart cost: $2600
Adtl cost for parts and labor to make race ready: $1500
Total kart cost over last 6mos to make race ready: $4100

Cost to replace kart: $5000-6000.

Will it be fully replaced? Expect negative. Largely? Damn well should be. I hate insurance companies.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Estoy trabajando hoy, FAC ride later, probability of cervezas after is high. Good friends of ours just got back from a month long dive trip in Indonesia, looking forward to catching up with them and hearing all aboot it. And only four (4) sleeps until MR. BUNGLE w/ (the) MELVINS!! Super excited about that. Now where'd I put those earplugs?

Also, relevant to today's GMT...

Mr. Cogburn sees what you did there.
1683923074813.jpeg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Congrats on getting them through HS. My oldest graduates college on Thursday, then off to grad school. At least she found enjoyable cities in which to get educated. Her baby brother did not go to a fun town, but his education isn't costing me much.
Yeah - my eldest graduated last Dec from MSU, middle kid is heading into his final year at MSU, and the youngest will be headed to CU in the fall.

Hooray for an empty house! :monkeydance:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Airline funnies, most bags you can bring is ten, she had fourteen, but a letter from the right person and it's okay.

She got all her bags, two came late, guess she will be in Ukraine tomorrow.

Not sure how she got all that in a audi car, it filled our 4runner.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Airline funnies, most bags you can bring is ten, she had fourteen, but a letter from the right person and it's okay.

She got all her bags, two came late, guess she will be in Ukraine tomorrow.

Not sure how she got all that in a audi car, it filled our 4runner.
#wagonlife

:busted:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I presume this would be the at-fault driver's insurance that's squawking? :disgust:
Yep. But suddenly fighting why it needs replacement when you can't see damage. But it's there - in the form of a 2mm bow from the middle to the front.

Shop owner is really looking forward to writing an essay about the shape of a kart, why that bend is not repairable, why the repair is replacement, why the kart can't be replaced with just a frame, why frames aren't available, why the replacement costs what it does, how a kart maintains value after a certain point of depreciation and if necessary, what Haley's should be valued at currently. So yeah... They're getting a kart sale.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yep. But suddenly fighting why it needs replacement when you can't see damage. But it's there - in the form of a 2mm bow from the middle to the front.

Shop owner is really looking forward to writing an essay about the shape of a kart, why that bend is not repairable, why the repair is replacement, why the kart can't be replaced with just a frame, why frames aren't available, why the replacement costs what it does, how a kart maintains value after a certain point of depreciation and if necessary, what Haley's should be valued at currently. So yeah... They're getting a kart sale.
I hope the new one is nitrous compatible.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Definitely not Master's 206, that has a 420# weight limit. :rolleyes:
Going to do a couple track days in my car in the next few months. After that, I’ll reevaluate if it’s worth the expense of keeping it just for doing track days.

May very well just squeeze my self back into a kart just for track/practice days. Don’t think I’m interested in racing again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
“ life has been forever changed by these anointed critters”

“grow into a better goat packer”

Uh huh…

Could make for a good pickup line. What woman wouldn’t jump at the chance to engage in some goat packing with a random stranger.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Going to do a couple track days in my car in the next few months. After that, I’ll reevaluate if it’s worth the expense of keeping it just for doing track days.

May very well just squeeze my self back into a kart just for track/practice days. Don’t think I’m interested in racing again.
I know a dude who sells Compkarts.... :thumb: