Quantcast

<~•~>Freakin Friday<~•~>

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Deployed poison ivy killer last night. Try to avoid herbicide use but poison ivy is an exception.

Went analog and felled a diseased tree with an axe. There's something incredibly satisfying about a good, sharp axe biting into wood.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had a pretty funny day, my offsider went to take a bleeder out of a diesel filter housing, as soon as he put a spanner on it it shot out and diesel sprayed everywhere, we had to remove the housing and tap a new thread.
Then he went to replace a wiper arm and there was no thread to hold it down so I buzzed it with the flapper wheel and tapped it down to M8.
Put a new air horn on, hit the button and it keeps going at half volume after releasing the button, remove the power wires same thing, haha! Turned out coz the old one had failed there was water in the air line, once that blew out it was okay.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I keep waking up with headaches and don't feel like I've slept enough, so tonight I've dusted off the oximiter.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Too much work today. Need to schedule appt for car inspection ASAP so that we can get trailer and kart dealt with.

Showed Haley her new kart and her first comment is that it's neon green and not blue anymore. She fucking kills me. Her entire race kit is blue and black, so I get her position, but she's killing me. I told her that she's free to buy a sticker kit that she likes, but I doubt she wants to front a couple hundred bucks for it.

Current:
PXL_20230507_163200055~3.jpg

New:
Screenshot_20230512-071603.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Too much work today. Need to schedule appt for car inspection ASAP so that we can get trailer and kart dealt with.

Showed Haley her new kart and her first comment is that it's neon green and not blue anymore. She fucking kills me. Her entire race kit is blue and black, so I get her position, but she's killing me. I told her that she's free to buy a sticker kit that she likes, but I doubt she wants to front a couple hundred bucks for it.

Current:
View attachment 193718

New:
View attachment 193719
i'd say that's more of an electric yellow than neon green.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:wave:

Deployed poison ivy killer last night. Try to avoid herbicide use but poison ivy is an exception.

Went analog and felled a diseased tree with an axe. There's something incredibly satisfying about a good, sharp axe biting into wood.
Let me know if you want any advice on poison ivy removal. I have had surprisingly good luck with my method (it's not all that fancy).

i'd say that's more of an electric yellow than neon green.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
WFH day. EQB should be dropped off at my house today. Running other errands between work as well—at optometrist with eldest kid now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Current:
View attachment 193718

New:
View attachment 193719
Spray paint it root beer and call it a day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I keep waking up with headaches and don't feel like I've slept enough, so tonight I've dusted off the oximiter.
This is my life now.

Bad sleep? Headaches.
Dehydrated? Headaches.
Raccoons outside my bedroom window? Headaches.
Coughing after a ride? Headaches.

I really need to see a doc to make sure the medication I'm taking isn't messing with my body and head (its for my brain piece). But alas...

I mean sure beats kidney stones though!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Spent my morning filing defects that have been bugging me all week, so now they are official and stuff. Gonna be a hot one this weekend, need to find a river to swim in or something.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Listening...
I'm all ears. Poison ivy is my nemesis.
Awesome. I don't want to sound like a knowitall, but this worked extensively well for me in eastern MA, and I have a mostly poison ivy free yard.

I use a combination of Bayer Brush killer and HDX weed and grass killer concentrate. This is basically triclopyr and glyphosate concentrates mixed to their appropriate strength in combination in a sprayer. I use whatever the recommended dose is, probably 1 capful (of each) into 1L of spray fun times. The combo is important because I think the two herbicides work differently...triclopyr being more systemic while roundup kills the leaves or something.

There are some tricks to PI:
Don't apply in a drought, the plant is too hardy. I like to try and wait for a rainstorm then do it shortly thereafter. Don't do it before in order to prevent runoff.
If you have vines, cut them twice and remove the chunk that you cut. Put concentrate directly on the stump or spray the hell out of it. Make sure the upper vine cannot reattach.
Spray the underside and top side of the leaves. Really soak the buggers. Spray everything that you can see, but don't worry too much about the stems- the leaves are more critical as I believe that's how the chemical is absorbed.
Be careful of overspray- this combo will kill anything it touches. I will try and manually (ie wearing gloves) remove the entirety of a plant if it's in my garden or planted areas. A touch with the roundup combo above will kill a lot of things.

I've had good PI control in my yard since I started doing this. I used it at our last house to eradicate PI in the yard and it did a wonderful job. I've used it at our new house as well, but the idea behind a good remedy should be that you don't have to do it often, so I think I've been pretty successful. The last ivy spot is way in the back and I have to get all suited up to get back there and not get covered in it.

I know that some people want a more natural approach and I wish that were reasonable, but my attitude is if you spray herbicide carefully and do it correctly, you shouldn't have to do it many times. If you are pissing roundup into space then yeah that's bad. I think the last time I sprayed was 4 years ago- I've manually removed some plants since then but that's it. I may make up some this year as I want to tackle the stuff way back in the corner of our yard.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, even here in Freedum land having a rooster in residential area is illegal. I'd have been hunting it down day one.
We can't have chickens in our hood, but they can in the hood adjacent. City says no roosters in city limits, though..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My neighbor in VA had chickens and a rooster. The rooster only lasted a day and the rest of the flock a week. Each morning a new explosion of feathers was found in the yard. I suspect there was a very well fed fox somewhere.

I did however fantasize about offing their two miniature schnauzers which simply barked their heads off every minute they were awake.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Man, even here in Freedum land having a rooster in residential area is illegal. I'd have been hunting it down day one.
apparently not illegal in our township. but not our county. my wife and a neighbor actually went to a township meeting to ask them to adopt an ordinance against it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
oldest nephews eagle scout project passed.

one more step....interview or some shit...