Quantcast

ᒡ◯ᵔ◯ᒢ Le Mercredi GMT ᒡ◯ᵔ◯ᒢ

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
homemade chx sammiches nite here. w/avocado, tomato, bacon, lettuce, horseradish, touch of ketchup, jalapenos. don't usually throw cheese on 'em. on store bought brioche buns. side = halved brussel sprouts slow sauteed in garlic butter.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fucking people. From a half mile away I could tell it was a car wreck in the middle of an intersection at a 4 way stop on rural 2 lane roads . Did anyone stop to check on the occupants. Nope they just drove on by. I jumped out, geared up and went to check them out. Young girl in one totally panicked and crying but ok. other was an older woman, bit stiff but ok. Cars were not movable (snapped front wheels) and leaking fluid. I didn't have proper gear to get them out so I made sure the cars were turned off and in park and made them put the seatbelt back on incase someone else effed up and hit them. Called 911 then directed traffic. PD then Fire showed up. Fire took the older woman out through the passenger door holding cspine until they could assess her. Got a hug from the young ladies grandma (she lived nearby) for stopping to help. Good way to end my work day....Time for a beer

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Fucking people. From a half mile away I could tell it was a car wreck in the middle of an intersection at a 4 way stop on rural 2 lane roads . Did anyone stop to check on the occupants. Nope they just drove on by. I jumped out, geared up and went to check them out. Young girl in one totally panicked and crying but ok. other was an older woman, bit stiff but ok. Cars were not movable (snapped front wheels) and leaking fluid. I didn't have proper gear to get them out o I made sure the cars were turned off and in park and made them put the seatbelt back on incase someone else effed up and hit them. Called 911 then directed traffic. PD then Fire showed up. Fire took the older woman out through the passenger door holding cspine until they could access her. Got a hug from the young ladies grandma (she lived nearby) for stopping to help. Good way to end my work day....Time for a beer
you're a good dude, @eric strt6

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Old dumb trainers were torture, smart trainer with a decent app is eminently bearable when you can't get outside for a ride.
App = virtual ride type thing I'm assuming?

I have the 7x and Garmin speed/cadence sensors for metric type shit, and have been watching/listening to YouTube vids while pedaling. Only been 2 rides, but it's a lot easier to "relax" and not worrying about falling off and dying, which is nice.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sitting in chair....watching tv....hear popping noise....minute later....bookcase holding records is kindling behind me and there is a pile of unplayed records about a foot high and 5 feet long behind me....with some books mixed in....

and the chair is stuck in the recline position....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Aaarg, built up my new frame, yay!
figured out upon final tune the the new cable housing and cable are indeed about 2” too short, which involves removing the lower swing arm bolt to change. Could be a lot worse, though, at least the frame has tube in tube, but it splits at the swingarm.
The rear brake housing is also now about 2-3” too short. It will “work”, but would likely rip out in a violent crash. Which, as you all know, I have NEVER experienced.:jester:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I have the 7x and Garmin speed/cadence sensors for metric type shit, and have been watching/listening to YouTube vids while pedaling. Only been 2 rides, but it's a lot easier to "relax" and not worrying about falling off and dying, which is nice.
Apps like zwift can make it more like a video game. I could never spend more than ten minutes in the infernal devices. Now I can do an intense 45 minutes. And my fat old ass needs all the exercise I can get during dark wet winters.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
thanks, brOJ Simpson
Is the paxlovid worth taking?
I think it has demonstrated benefits wrt hospitalization/serious outcomes in those older than 45 iirc. I would take it were I in your shoes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

If it's an older dumb trainer, I'm not sure if the Garmin speed and cadence sensors output in bluetooth for you to be able to easily link to an app via laptop/tablet etc without the other ANT+ protocol support the Garmin sensors use natively.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
If it's an older dumb trainer, I'm not sure if the Garmin speed and cadence sensors output in bluetooth for you to be able to easily link to an app via laptop/tablet etc without the other ANT+ protocol support the Garmin sensors use natively.
I'd be lying if I told you I knew what more than 10% of that meant :p

I honestly just want the ability to:
1) stay reasonably in shape when there's too much snow to ride sans fatbike
2) not have to re-condition the ass bones for saddle time every so often

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd be lying if I told you I knew what more than 10% of that meant :p

I honestly just want the ability to:
1) stay reasonably in shape when there's too much snow to ride sans fatbike
2) not have to re-condition the ass bones for saddle time every so often
Does the trainer you picked up have any electronics in it that requires you to plug it in to a power socket - a built in power meter? Or is it just an old one where you've got your rear wheel resting on the flywheel thingy and a knob to adjust resistance?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
oddly enough....the denver show is not showing up on livenation/ticketmaster....presale code not working on axs....
Presale code for AXS is MB23. @Nick and I both got tickets via AXS.

I probably should have said something, assumed your concert ninja skills were better than mine and you already had the details.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Presale code for AXS is MB23. @Nick and I both got tickets via AXS.

I probably should have said something, assumed your concert ninja skills were better than mine and you already had the details.
the story gave it up....just wrong for axs....i should get on their mailing list...

gotta investigate flights and shit....