Quantcast

ᒡ◯ᵔ◯ᒢ Le Mercredi GMT ᒡ◯ᵔ◯ᒢ

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what's on tap today. I have some annual training videos I need to watch, yay. Nothing funner than laser safety videos.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was fully prepared to skip my swim this morning and stay in bed but my wife guilted me into going. I thank her for that. 2600 yards done.

My employer has this cool program where they'll donate a little money to non-profits that employees do volunteer work for. I'm the treasurer for my triathlon club and was able to get a $300 donation. Sweet!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
after 10 days of increasingly severe back pain, I wound up in the hospital last Friday, barely able to breathe. They gave me some great meds, told me to take it easy (I may have overdone it a bit with 6 days in a row of intense activities on snow - bcxc, skate skiing, tele skiing, fatbike). Finally got the pain under control, and went to see a massage therapist yesterday. apparently my whole back was one giant knot. after two days of no meds I decided to bike into work today... it's only 20 minutes each way, but it may not have been the best idea... time will tell. if only I had a couch to lie on here... I totally had the option of not coming in, but I wanted to test it, to see if I could enjoy the dump of snow that is supposed to arrive tonight. hmmm

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave: ... also, :dead:
still have the plague?

was supposed to go skiing with wife and eldest kid but youngest kid had some bouts of coughing overnight and thus at least one of us must be around in case we need to fetch her from preschool.

only 1” fresh anyway. skiing with kid delayed for two weeks, shall bum around town instead before working 4-10 pm from home.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Nah, dude was just as happy as I was to only see one other hiker.
I am laying off the bike to let my body mend and been hiking lately. Theres some steep stuff we climb straight up, it has been ravaging my quads. The views are good and it's fun to go at dusk. Hiking down the trail in near darkness is a calming experience even if the city sounds are prevelant. I can tell its good cross training to get me some summer hammer time.

Resized_20230120_164814.jpeg

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Rental car died last night. Had to walk to pick up the food I ordered for dinner. Luckily that wasn’t too far away. AAA came today and jumped the car, and now I’m at a shop getting the battery swapped, as instructed by Enterprise. So much for my 10am doc appointment.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh had to pop a pain pill an hour ago. Also called the referral urology office that I got from the ER on Friday, who have booked me in for a video call with the doctor. But it is not until Feb 7th - I hope to fuck this all goes away well before then.

I have managed to squeeze out some turds though, so thats a plus!!! Just need to wait for that explosion.

It also sounds like Hope might be sending me a new hub for the fat bike, maybe? If so, I shall somehow find a way to swap it out and sell that bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rental car died last night. Had to walk to pick up the food I ordered for dinner. Luckily that wasn’t too far away. AAA came today and jumped the car, and now I’m at a shop getting the battery swapped, as instructed by Enterprise. So much for my 10am doc appointment.
Will Enterprise pay you for the time wasted at the shop babysitting their shitty car?