Quantcast

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Sucker punch Saturday GMT [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. LONG ass week of school, open house, games and college rehearsal all while SqEarl is in quarantine. He tested positive on Wednesday after his co-worker's wife was sick and tested, then the co-worker (he's been riding in a car with to/from training all week) was positive. He isn't sick right now so that's good. He tested negative last weekend when he did have mild symptoms and every day until Wednesday. Kids and I are still testing negative so I am back to wearing a mask in school.
3 games this week and open house were a lot...fortunately one game was cancelled due to the storms otherwise I might still be sleeping.
Ranger (dog) had his annual vet checkup and he's good to go. At 9 his bone, joint and muscle structure are still that of a much younger dog (4-5) so he's cleared to hit the trails with us as much as he wants...maybe this afternoon in fact!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

120 min of Peloton, about 30 min of that left. Kids catching up with Rings of Power.

Performing in a concert tonight

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
coffee on le porch. listening to parent hawks teaching juvenile hawks how to do...something. not sure what else is on tap.
There was a pair that used the backyard to teach the baby hawks to hunt. Squirrels would be seen missing large chunks of fur or have broken limbs. Saw one hawk chew the face off a squirrel in a drey, brutal.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DH conditions were primo.

edit: @Toshi had you ridden the new trail Field Trip before you punched the Earth? We did a couple of Spicy Chicken to Field Trip laps today and they were a blast. Hadn't been on it before today.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
more prep work for carpet install this week. the bulk is done. tore up the last of the carpet where the subfloor needs to be treated.

currently sitting on the deck with king jjjuliusss

PXL_20220917_223124129.jpg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
DH conditions were primo.

edit: @Toshi had you ridden the new trail Field Trip before you punched the Earth? We did a couple of Spicy Chicken to Field Trip laps today and they were a blast. Hadn't been on it before today.
Ya I did take a few laps. Fun berms. Some big boi jumps. Early on some little stumps here and there needed to get bedded in a bit more!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm inclined rather to let 'em rot over time, or to winch them out with assistance from a mattock. Power tools often do more damage than good in the long run.
I worked from home at my last job and would go outside and work on stumps with my axe after frustrating meetings. I often imagined the stump was the head of one particular coworker.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Was contemplating doing that exact thing with a Hi-Lift for the smaller stuff. But some of them are 24"+ diameter. Probably the only way I'm getting those out is with an excavator.
So go rent an excavator? Get the biggest one they’ll rent, they’re fun as shit!

the tiki bar was very small, so i was glad most of it was done by the time i arrived there.
Name of said Tiki bar? I rarely go to bars, but when I do it’s pretty much tiki or nothing

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Damn, riding mtb is awesome. The trails in Bandon are well laid out!

I've rented this style of stump grinder several times with great success. There's a short learning curve and then it's hours of fun.

He's grinding a joke of a stump but I've tackled 3ft+ diameter stumps.

This one looks fun...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Name of said Tiki bar? I rarely go to bars, but when I do it’s pretty much tiki or nothing
I have generally gone to places in NoHo which might be closer to you, but this was Tiki-Ti on Sunset. It’s pretty small. I got the Ray’s Mistake signature drink and enjoyed it. Let me know if you’re thinking about going.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just paid my PG&E bill. They are paying out a whopping $0.05169 per kWh generated. Fuckers.
My goal is to be as close to neutral (min) as possible during the day. Production is nice, but not paying peak prices it the kicker, as night time prices are cheap.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
My goal is to be as close to neutral (min) as possible during the day. Production is nice, but not paying peak prices it the kicker, as night time prices are cheap.
Yeah, even with plenty of excess production, I still pay a very small true-up due to peak hour usage. The production helps offset the peak usage a bit. My wife is always home during the day, so the house is a consistent 78 degrees or so in the summer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, even with plenty of excess production, I still pay a very small true-up due to peak hour usage. The production helps offset the peak usage a bit. My wife is always home during the day, so the house is a consistent 78 degrees or so in the summer.
We've been really conscious to keep blinds closed during summer and have done LED conversion throughout the house. For the most part, everything not being used gets turned off, including computers and such - especially overnight. It's worked pretty well.