Quantcast

ääääääääääää Thursday GTM œœœœœœœ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My normal Thursday ride has been canceled as the riding buddy has to work late today. Rain coming in too so I will hit the gym.

Oh forgot I actually managed to finally lube the spindles on my pedals which have been squeaking for a while. I have a pair of old Twenty6 pedals if anybody remembers that brand. Tyler is still doing CNC work but no cool mtb products anymore.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
My Thursday just ended quite nicely.

Back to suckling on the teat of the government cash cow I go!
Just been offered a role at NEMA.

[UNCLASSIFIED]
Hi David,
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I’m still trying to get hold of Brian or Chris for your second referee check but on the assumption that it come back without any issues and assuming there are no issues with the background checks, I have recommended that your application be approved and you be offered a position with us.
It’s going to take a couple more days for the paperwork to get done and for me to make the formal offer but we could speed things up if you could confirm a few things for me now:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
'twas a longish day, did wiring, removed broken screws then at 3PM a grub screw decided it didn't want to come out so it got cut the fuck out, after that lights didn't work which was luckily a dud relay, finished at 6:30.
3131617787549127197.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Got a meeting later today with one of the wealth advisors our company retains. Curious to see what he has to say. I expect he'll hit me with a spreadsheetkakke ala Stoney.

Otherwise, rain is gone and I'm looking forward to getting back into the woods.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

37 Freedoms and drizzling. But I’d still rather ride in than sit in traffic like a plebe.

Today will be a hybrid day: working in house in the morning as I have a hand occupational therapy visit (for strengthening now that I’m cleared for all activities 8 weeks post fracture) in the hospital in the late morning anyway, then WFH in the afternoon as I have a knee physical therapy visit (for strengthening to minimize effects of my medial meniscus tear) near home in the afternoon. Amidst this I’ll do a day’s equivalent of work and read out the residents.

Hello all

37 Freedoms and drizzling. But I’d still rather ride in than sit in traffic like a plebe.

Today will be a hybrid day: working in house in the morning as I have a hand occupational therapy visit (for strengthening now that I’m cleared for all activities 8 weeks post fracture) in the hospital in the late morning anyway, then WFH in the afternoon as I have a knee physical therapy visit (for strengthening to minimize effects of my medial meniscus tear) near home in the afternoon. Amidst this I’ll do a day’s equivalent of work and read out the residents.
What does "read out" mean?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
More karting specific tools arrived yesterday with more inbound. My already large travel toolbag isn't going to cut it, so I get to move to the largest (24" bag) in my collection. Learning a lot about end of session maintenance and next session prep.

Math is getting ugly regarding time for me to have hobbies vs. time spent at track and around kart. It's looking more and more like I should just sell my bikes and get a simple hard tail to use when riding with the girls.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Woke up to no electricity.
Might try to ride later. Got a bad case of dual penis elbows. Trailbuilding season needs to end.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
this assessment turned out to be a mistake. because hail. do not recommend.

35BE3C21-F4D9-404C-9885-01D8E4DCB870.jpeg

What does "read out" mean?
The residents and fellows will dictate cases from the worklist with a report of what they think is going on with the patient. This report is saved as a draft, not visible to the world. Then when we read out, we go over the case together and I edit their report to match what I, the attending physician, thinks. I sign it and 3 minutes later it goes out to the world.

(The 3 minutes is a grace period to allow for last minute post-signing edits on my part if I remember I forgot to mention this or that.)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Was looking for an excuse not to cycle commute in and I found it in solar glare and wet roads. May try again tomorrow, but 39 freedums and similar solar glare.

In "Hey that's pretty neat" news, they are finally starting to install the power lines and rail trails in my town, meaning I will effectively have like a 2mile road commute and 11 miles of rail trails the whole way. Riding car free roads would be dope as there are no shoulders out here.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Miscommunication with plan as to where meetings to be held today. I'm at one site, people told another (partially my fault). Thankfully 1st meeting as a no-show and all have been contacted. Whoops.