Quantcast

^°^Back to school Thursday^°^

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey lolmao. I swam 2000 yards this morning, fast (for me) and hard. I don't know how or why I've bounced back from the Covid shutdown so quickly. I figured it'd take up to a year to get to where I am, but it's taken 11 weeks. Hopefully I can keep getting stronger, but my swim has a way of leveling off.

Hungry.

Also, since we put the cat down, I am noticing the other cat tends to sleep all.the.time. I have never noticed this before. She seriously sleeps a good 20 hours a day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last day of sitting at home for this training on iiot stuff. The thing we're training on is neat, but the whole thing behind it is a shit show. Especially when maintenance isn't really on the same page....

Coffeeing it now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

90% humidity out there, WTF is that nonsense?!

Going to make Ina Garten's corn chowder later. I think I might love her.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Making corn chowder is a weird euphemism, Tim.

I saw Tenet last night. Kind of loved it, although very confused.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Got eyes checked this am and apparently need new glasses. Now I have to find some good prescription riding glasses that I can change out lenses on too. Yeah for spending dollars!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Making corn chowder is a weird euphemism, Tim.

I saw Tenet last night. Kind of loved it, although very confused.
worth braving the movie theatre for....or is it streaming...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
worth braving the movie theatre for....or is it streaming...
Braved theater. Dolby Cinema is awesome and this movie maxed out every sense. I’d see it in the theater—well I did.

AC14CD62-2FF5-4E36-A676-F611B9A32DF4.jpeg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wasn't gonna do any projects on the new Sprinter until this winter or even spring. Oops...

evan-in-the-bench.jpg

We're building a 6" tall drawer in the bottom of the space I'm sitting in, with a "false floor" of sorts above it. The space I'm in is pretty deep, and where we keep all our clothing during camping trips as well as the cookstove and some other doo-dads. It was kind of a paint to reach that far down to get clothing and gear and such. So, the drawer will contain the cookstove and doo-dads, and our duffles will be higher up and more easily accessed.

Always a project to do.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
alamo...sending me two more bills/estimates on something that was already paid out....fishy...

Fiesta de Carne de Perro

el grabador del assos
May 1, 2020
Had to explain to a director that his new tech guy is going to get him in trouble. Director was angry because I was "starting a turf war." I said "No, I'm just going on the record before it happens so I can't be blamed. You do what you like." Then he got quiet. When you show someone how your motives are selfish, they believe you.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Had to explain to a director that his new tech guy is going to get him in trouble. Director was angry because I was "starting a turf war." I said "No, I'm just going on the record before it happens so I can't be blamed. You do what you like." Then he got quiet. When you show someone how your motives are selfish, they believe you.
Hopefully this was all via email? If not... follow up that shit with an email! Directors often conveniently "forget" face-to-face conversations after about... oh, 9 minutes or so.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Saw a rattlesnake yesterday. Only the second one I have ever seen in the wild. It was hanging out by a storm drain where I park to hike. About 18” at the most and didn’t rattle or seem too concerned with me.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Saw a rattlesnake yesterday. Only the second one I have ever seen in the wild. It was hanging out by a storm drain where I park to hike. About 18” at the most and didn’t rattle or seem too concerned with me.
basking in all that humidity...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Wasn't gonna do any projects on the new Sprinter until this winter or even spring. Oops...

View attachment 149350

We're building a 6" tall drawer in the bottom of the space I'm sitting in, with a "false floor" of sorts above it. The space I'm in is pretty deep, and where we keep all our clothing during camping trips as well as the cookstove and some other doo-dads. It was kind of a paint to reach that far down to get clothing and gear and such. So, the drawer will contain the cookstove and doo-dads, and our duffles will be higher up and more easily accessed.

Always a project to do.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here. Got eyes checked this am and apparently need new glasses. Now I have to find some good prescription riding glasses that I can change out lenses on too. Yeah for spending dollars!
I think I want to find a decent pair of transitions riding glasses. My Smith prescription sunnies are too dark if it's not bright sunlight, I always used to ride in rose coloured lenses before I was pronounced as old and blind...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think I want to find a decent pair of transitions riding glasses. My Smith prescription sunnies are too dark if it's not bright sunlight, I always used to ride in rose coloured lenses before I was pronounced as old and blind...
I have interchangeable lenses. Open riding I wear darks. Otherwise usually clear, just for protection. I rarely ever wear my rose, because I have astigmatism issues more than anything.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
All the ones I grew up with and skinned were Western Diamond Backs. Copperheads and cottonmouths are the east coast varieties, as I understand it.
I spent a ton of time in the GA mountains growing up. Anytime we were in the water we were minding our backs for cottonmouths. Creeks was for copperheads.