Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧Tuesday gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
yesterday....do not remember thanks to over the counter seep aid.....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back on the bike after a day off getting to work is so much better. Hopefully I can get a ride in tonight too. Count down to Florida vacation starting Friday.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Watched sun rise on Mt Evans with coffee and a J. Day can only go downhill from here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Home sick with the kid yesterday, and again today. Yesterday afternoon's sick visit to his Dr turned into a trip to the hospital. Turns out he has a respiratory infection. Oh boy.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Awesome long weekend is now over.

Went out for 2 rides and found some great new terrain on the local mountains.
My lungs are finally starting to function again for the first time since November. Things are looking up.

Of course, I flatted my rear tire. WTF is it with presta valves? The cores and the caps should have opposite threads. A potentially fixable slow leak (tubeless) became flat as a pancake when I inadvertantly removed the valve cap AND the core. That should never happen. Also, seems there is a tiny bit of material missing off the front corner of my chain stay. Looks like just the top coat, not the carbon-meat. Not sure if there's any sense in getting worried about it. Krazy glue patch? Meh.

Now, to work. 4 day week. I can do this.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Broncos parade a few blocks from the office. Lower Downtown will be a shitshow this morning, followed by a drunken shitshow this afternoon. Ugh.

Still sick. :wtf: This cold just doesn't want to quit.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Awesome long weekend is now over.

Went out for 2 rides and found some great new terrain on the local mountains.
My lungs are finally starting to function again for the first time since November. Things are looking up.

Of course, I flatted my rear tire. WTF is it with presta valves? The cores and the caps should have opposite threads. A potentially fixable slow leak (tubeless) became flat as a pancake when I inadvertantly removed the valve cap AND the core. That should never happen. Also, seems there is a tiny bit of material missing off the front corner of my chain stay. Looks like just the top coat, not the carbon-meat. Not sure if there's any sense in getting worried about it. Krazy glue patch? Meh.

Now, to work. 4 day week. I can do this.
Can you ride from you new house to the trails?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I went for a nice ride yesterday afternoon since it was 64! I hope we get more snow, I want to ski more.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Managed to get in a 2 hour ride on the trainer last night. Much nicer since I setup the beater in the basement vs. my roadie. Beater is set as close as possible to mirror the Yeti, so I can maintain fit for race season.

Otherwise, work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys,

Glad it isn't Monday, not much else to be happy about yet. Hope that changes soon. I did drive my car again today (battery was dead from sitting, new one on warranty), it really does help with the "letting shit go" aspect of my day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pinkeye-kid slept in our bed last night. At least she slept after being dosed with ibuprofen. What's with kids not wanting to take medicine?

Once the elder kid drifted off the baby decided to awaken and stay awake. I ended up sleeping in her bed the rest of the night--she'll sleep if tucked under my arm.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Went to the bank I have my mortgage at to look into opening another savings account. Qualified for their "higher interest" free checking account....sweet. Then asked if I could look into refinancing, as I was at 5.625% with 6 years of perfect payment and excellent credit. Turns out I also qualified for a "mortgage modification"....keep the same loan (balance/maturity date), but change to the current interest rate for a one time fee of $1,000. No closing costs or added time/bullshit. Paid $1,000, went from 5.625% to 3.9%, effective immediately. Saved myself about $200/month.

I win for the day.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
wow that is amazing.

Refinancing in the US is way too difficult. The amount of work I have to go through to to refinance to get a lower rate is crazy.