Quantcast

°° TGIFGMT °°

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I rode my bike to work. I rode my bike home from work. Now meetings, then beer.

Bike feels much faster with lower pressure. Travel times about the same, oddly.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I'm gonna say I purged an oil line today:brows:
View attachment 176953

We've had some oil pressure weirdness on a machine and it has been hard to pinpoint what it could be, oil pressure comes up then drops to nothing then comes back up. If the oil pressure drops the fuel supply is cut off, the relief valve in the oil pump had some scores and wear so the pump got replaced.
I'm gonna have to go in on Sat to check the heat valve and water flow valve aren't faulty, if they are they dump engine oil back in to the sump and the fuel is cut off, arrrgh!
I need some silence to try and work out what the eff is going on.

Oil.jpeg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Went with the 20oz drip this AM. Wise choice. Officially done with work schedule as of 2 days ago so it's yard work and kiddo time. The plan is to head out for a 30 miler gravel adventure this afternoon. Gotta love exploring new routes.

Finally told my significant other about the pink elephant in the room... felt great to get it off my chest so we can move forward on the same page. She just rolled her eyes and said don't you already have one?? I said yeah, but it has a couple thousand miles on it. No I can't sell it because it's not worth much and it's still perfectly fine. Besides the new one is going to be a little different for the new trails I am riding these days... I promised to sell some of the stuff I have accumulated to cover the cost. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went with the 20oz drip this AM. Wise choice. Officially done with work schedule as of 2 days ago so it's yard work and kiddo time. The plan is to head out for a 30 miler gravel adventure this afternoon. Gotta love exploring new routes.

Finally told my significant other about the pink elephant in the room... felt great to get it off my chest so we can move forward on the same page. She just rolled her eyes and said don't you already have one?? I said yeah, but it has a couple thousand miles on it. No I can't sell it because it's not worth much and it's still perfectly fine. Besides the new one is going to be a little different for the new trails I am riding these days... I promised to sell some of the stuff I have accumulated to cover the cost. :)
Whatchu talkin' about?

I figured you could just hide all of your poor decisions in your shop.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got volunteered to lead some research projects at work. Was asked to put write some project funding requests by the end of business today. I haven't worked in those areas in years and said there was no way I could put something like that together in such a short time period. Was asked to just put anything together. Straight up refused to put my name on something half baked and ill-prepared.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Got volunteered to lead some research projects at work. Was asked to put write some project funding requests by the end of business today. I haven't worked in those areas in years and said there was no way I could put something like that together in such a short time period. Was asked to just put anything together. Straight up refused to put my name on something half baked and ill-prepared.
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparklemotion.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I am going after a new gravel grinder with mtb bars. Basically a 80s mtb but with tubeless, disc brakes, modern 1x11 wide range mtb drivetrain.
I use my 10ish year old Ti 29er HT with rigid niner carbon fork for that sort of thing. Occasionally swapping on its squishy fork. But it does have a 2x11 drivetrain as the range of OG 12 speed wasn't quite enough when I gave it a refresh. I'd probably go 1x12 next time it gets a new drivetrain in a decade.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The week that just keeps trying to kick me in the dick continues. Left headphone is dead, right one works but I can't hear shit out of my right ear, bawlz.

Now, to get Airpods, or try Marshall's version of Airpods?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Said fuck work and rode for the first time in forever this morning . Hero-dirt caused many deathgripgiggles.

Now FTS meter is no longer at 11. Feeling somewhat motivated on a Friday before a holiday, in fact. If management were smart, they’d require that I ride regularly.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I use my 10ish year old Ti 29er HT with rigid niner carbon fork for that sort of thing. Occasionally swapping on its squishy fork. But it does have a 2x11 drivetrain as the range of OG 12 speed wasn't quite enough when I gave it a refresh. I'd probably go 1x12 next time it gets a new drivetrain in a decade.
I like my v2 Soma Wolverine and am going to pick up another Wolverine - this time a v4.A.

Resized_20220514_190215.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went rock climbing at the real rock gym. Haley's apparently still really good at it, despite having only climbed 2x at the rec center gym. My shoulder was good, but my fat ass is weak.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lazy day because cyclobenzaprine. Woof does that shit put me out. Took the kids bowling, mod pizza. Movie night with the kids (sonic 2). Obi wan double header once they're in bed. Have an Emperor JJJJulius with it. Will make obi wan Catnobi watch with me, because.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Finally got the rear seat delete platform fabbed up.

A5553031-55C5-4605-B369-6B92D294311D.jpeg

6A055589-3FC4-4C85-BC7E-05244F3DBD37.jpeg

Used some scrap 1/4" plate alum and bent some 90's down three sides for rigidity and some space to mount some LED strips for my blind ass finding shit after the sun goes down. Burned in the support legs and moved them as forward as possible to give as much pass through room as needed underneath.

Next I have to fab up some sort of folding hinge plate to mount the motos in the bed

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally got the rear seat delete platform fabbed up.

View attachment 176977

View attachment 176978

Used some scrap 1/4" plate alum and bent some 90's down three sides for rigidity and some space to mount some LED strips for my blind ass finding shit after the sun goes down. Burned in the support legs and moved them as forward as possible to give as much pass through room as needed underneath.

Next I have to fab up some sort of folding hinge plate to mount the motos in the bed
Looks rattly. Gonna hit it with some bedliner or something to not make it sound like a dryer full of quarters?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
That looks fancy, what is it?
It’s a broken Crux I repaired and got back on the road. Weird combination of parts to get the build complete, haha.
Here are some photos from the repair

Attachments

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It’s a broken Crux I repaired and got back on the road. Weird combination of parts to get the build complete, haha.
Here are some photos from the repair
I gotta ask, did you use unidirectional for that? How many layers and what orientation did you use?

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Worked out my problem, heat valve has failed.

Gold thing has an IFP that controls a fuel shut off valve, it has oil in and oil out, the oil out goes to three valves, if any of them get triggered oil pressure in the gold thing drops and the IFP shuts the fuel off.
Capped the heat valve and it runs perfectly, so I had an oil pump and valve issue which made it a bit harder to work out.
IMG_20220528_130136.jpg

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Worked out my problem, heat valve has failed.

Gold thing has an IFP that controls a fuel shut off valve, it has oil in and oil out, the oil out goes to three valves, if any of them get triggered oil pressure in the gold thing drops and the IFP shuts the fuel off.
Capped the heat valve and it runs perfectly, so I had an oil pump and valve issue which made it a bit harder to work out.
View attachment 176986
What type of equipment is that for? When you say "oil," do you mean hydraulic fluid or engine oil or something else?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
What type of equipment is that for? When you say "oil," do you mean hydraulic fluid or engine oil or something else?
This one is just on a forklift, it is a sentinel valve system, they use them on trucks and flame proof gear.
It's just engine oil.
There is a D shaped cam inside the gold master control valve so you can manually force the fuel valve to open.
If a valve malfunctions and somebody has flicked the cam on to the fuel priming position the system fails to work as intended so you can overheat the engine or run it with no oil pressure, or bypass any other valves the installer has used.