Quantcast

°°• Monday GMT •°°

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Speaking of... where the hell *is* @CrabJoe StretchPants ??

You're supposed to let him do this. :clue: :D
yeah, well . . . i want him out of the house come august, and the best way to ensure that happens is to make sure his applications are as good as possible, right?

they have been having a great time watching our swimming pool dig.
one of my favorite memories as a kid was when they came and dug out stumps in our backyard and I could go down into the holes and dig out caves/roads/etc. for matchbox cars, star wars figures, etc.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
that's definitely something I'd consider if this is more than just a passing interest.

https://crystalcavepa.com/home/ this is only an hour for us, definitely on the list to check out.
it looks like from this map you have quite a few places you can take them to explore, even if they don't really latch on to rock hounding they will remember the digs forever

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I got a 20 year fixed at 2% what you got?
15 @ 1.75%.

uh, and a 30 @ 2.375%. and a few hundred thou in additional (non-consumer/long term) debt beyond that as well.

hmph.

anyway, I slept ok and appear to have swapped back to American Time(tm) decently well. doing research stuffs, Land Cruiser second windshield replacement in progress, got a plumbing company coming by to hopefully provide a less outrageous quote on installation of a water softener that I already have bought.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it looks like from this map you have quite a few places you can take them to explore, even if they don't really latch on to rock hounding they will remember the digs forever

i just found that webpage too. definitely something i'll check out, looks like a good number of places within an hour of us. once i can walk again.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
15 @ 1.75%.

uh, and a 30 @ 2.375%. and a few hundred thou in additional (non-consumer/long term) debt beyond that as well.

hmph.

anyway, I slept ok and appear to have swapped back to American Time(tm) decently well. doing research stuffs, Land Cruiser second windshield replacement in progress, got a plumbing company coming by to hopefully provide a less outrageous quote on installation of a water softener that I already have bought.
Did you ever install a filtration system?

I need to investigate a whole house system at some point...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Onsite for client meetings and our primary platform is down. Giddy.

Full day at the track yesterday. A couple of the boys from her age group also showed up, which made for a fun day of racing. Haley is up to a black slide (unlimited carb throttle airflow), which peaks out around 60mph with her gearing. They were screaming, since they were all set up the same. The handling changes from last weekend made a huge difference. Her driving style is definitely one for going fast and the adjustments have her right there now. She was doing a really good job of communicating back what issues she was having with handling so that we could make changes.

These three were going at it all day.
Trio 2.JPG

Two wheels off the ground at nearly 60mph.
haley 1.JPG

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Did you ever install a filtration system?

I need to investigate a whole house system at some point...
Yes and no:
Whole house is easy, only two filters needed but I recommend a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink for drinking
as gff recommends, I put a RO system under the sink. Waterdrop K6, does hot and (tap-)cold alike from one fancy faucet. definitely measure your clearances underneath the sink wrt pipes and the like: the unit barely fits straight-in under my sink. install wasn't bad at all except for having to jerryrig a hose-size change since my existing fittings weren't of the right size for their hardware without a lot of reworking.

the "no" part is because I have a whole house sized water softener and catalytic carbon filter setup in the basement... in their boxes. got a second plumbing company coming out for a install labor quote since the ostensibly flat rate install through Home Depot turned out to be that flat rate + an ask of $2,400 more. (to install ~$1k of hardware.)

yeah, nah. I mean, I'd rather not be working with 1" PEX filled with water and all myself just for the few hours it'd take me, but that price doesn't seem reasonable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

while your input is appreciated, you still haven't answered my initial question about cutting geodes :busted:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got sucked into testing our licensing server and while that's not very exciting, it's better than working with the dude I have a meeting with today. I get to tell him I'm busy and our lab monkey who isn't should work with him instead of me. Yay!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Anyone wanna buy 10 years worth of kids hockey goalie gear?
Wifey wants me to list it all on different sales platforms, and ship it off piecemeal. I just want it to goaway.
it’s all stinky, fer chrissakes.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I finally have time to check in with you fine people again. Work, helping my mom, travelling and house projects keep me busy and unfortunately also much off the bike. Now that I wanted to change that the weather starts to really suck. :disgust:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Two races for Haley's new class just got added somewhat locally - Amarillo, TX and Grand Junction, CO. Still 6hrs and 4hrs away, but within a day's drive. April and May, but that is plenty of time to get used to her new motor.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
while your input is appreciated, you still haven't answered my initial question about cutting geodes :busted:
there are a couple of ways to go in order to cut geodes, it all depends on your budget and frequency of cuts. The cheapest and easiest would be a sledgehammer but results vary in both desirable edges and fragmentation, the next step would be a bolt cutter style soil pipe cutter https://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-59698-Soil-Pipe-Cutter/dp/B07B4KYZRK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=DEMKXSG8E4ZJ&keywords=soil+pipe+cutter&qid=1698112254&s=hi&sprefix=soil+pipe+cutter,tools,194&sr=1-2

These will do a fairly straight edge that will require some finishing with a grinder

Otherwise you can go to a large tiles saw masonry cutoff saw or even a wire saw. A used tile saw may be the best bet

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
there are a couple of ways to go in order to cut geodes, it all depends on your budget and frequency of cuts. The cheapest and easiest would be a sledgehammer but results vary in both desirable edges and fragmentation, the next step would be a bolt cutter style soil pipe cutter https://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-59698-Soil-Pipe-Cutter/dp/B07B4KYZRK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=DEMKXSG8E4ZJ&keywords=soil+pipe+cutter&qid=1698112254&s=hi&sprefix=soil+pipe+cutter,tools,194&sr=1-2

These will do a fairly straight edge that will require some finishing with a grinder

Otherwise you can go to a large tiles saw masonry cutoff saw or even a wire saw. A used tile saw may be the best bet
yea, i want to avoid hammers / chisels due to the poor resulting finish.

i'm pretty sure my neighbor across the street has a tile cutter he would probably loan me, but obviously i would be getting my own blade.

thanks for the insight!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
so the real ones go for $688 because of reasons

and you have knockoff ones?

y tho at all
They were going for over a grand the week they released. They were $170 MSRP. I wanted a low top golf shoe so these fit the bill nicely. Apparently the replicas have better waterproofing than the original.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so the real ones go for $688 because of reasons

and you have knockoff ones?

y tho at all
if it weren't for the fact that shoes are real, physical objects, this collection obsessed culture is basically no different than NFT bros

knock off versions........ <right click>

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if it weren't for the fact that shoes are real, physical objects, this collection obsessed culture is basically no different than NFT bros

knock off versions........ <right click>
real, physical objects that shoe-bros don't want to get dirty at all