Quantcast

£€¥ Mardi ¥€£

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Noticed the driver's side front rotor was toast, I didn't think the pads were that bad when I put these wheels on. Ordered new rotors and pads they gave me rear rotors/pads. Swapped for proper, then I stripped the torx bolt that holds the rotor on the passenger side. Dealership only part, nobody has it, toss pads in and called it a long ass day.

Brakes used to be a 2 hour job. Damn.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
To be clear, wasn't as much a comment on your work, vs that where I work, that kind of repair wouldn't even be conceivable in the field, and a 10k part change happens every day. That's the difference between heavy equipment and airplanes I suppose.
Yeah with small plant stuff a $500 repair is usually picked over a 10k part even if there is a chance of the repair not lasting as long.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well, that bike commute home was quite wet. And cold.

:dislike:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Having one of Wellington’s ‘absolutely pissing it down’ days today. ‘Lashing’ is a good word for it. I recently put rain-x on my lounge windows for just these situations, it looks really cool in the high wind and sleeting deluge, keeps the view clear and highlights the violence. Also saves cleaning them! (TBH this was my main motivation :D).

E504102C-8AA7-402F-8AFC-036D6109C950.jpeg

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

what a great weekend at snowshoe. drove up friday morning. rained a lot of the way. had an awesome time catching up with my childhood buddy. the 32 years since i had last seen him disappeared. it's amazing that the tiny town we grew up in had such a crazy mix of people and could generate so many memories. introduced him to the crew and we hung out and drank beers friday night. much hilarity ensued this and every night, although crap sleep also followed every night. saturday was wet and foggy. took it slow, half the crew decided to ride and got lift tickets, the other half hung out and drank beers. amazing disgusting sloppy conditions but got in 7 or 8 runs from 2-6. never have i or my bike been so muddy. cleaned up, had fun dinner in the village, and carried on back at the house. sunday was sunny and 70; one buddy broke himself on the first run, everyone else stayed safe, rode well, and enjoyed the still very sloppy conditions. got in 3 runs monday morning then drove home. woke up at 6 to take my friend to the airport.

now plowing through a lot of things before a big deadline tomorrow at work and schlepping kids around this evening. then joy of joys off to davenport, ia, tomorrow for three days for a work trip that i would much rather NOT be on. le sigh.

have an excellent day, my fellow primates!
Did you do any of the fun pedally bits? Or all lift trails?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Pitbull motorcycle restraints are in on my custom fabbed hinge plate out of quarter inch aluminum

8B8A5CA2-5946-4809-9F44-113425A85084.jpeg

The original bolt mounting holes lined up right in between the edge of the bed and the gap in the tailgate so I had to make a hinged plate in order to extend over the tailgate gap the reason I made it hinge to so I can close the tailgate when not in use