Quantcast

££ Thurs-friggen-derp GMT ££

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Wait... pager? Is that like an 8 track?

The 11-12? See you there! Does it count as West Coast Monkey Fest 2015? I have 2 non-posting monkeys with me...
:)

It's my Friday, and a short day. Hoping to make that right around 12:30...
Yup! We're flying into Vancouver late the 9th, should be out there the 10-16th. I'll be on a red Banshee Legend. Other guys on a carbon V10 and Trek Session.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Lol! I haven't decided if I'm riding the Switch (Buffalo's large bike... doesn't quite fit me... --hey I said BIKE!), or trying to rent a woman's bike. I'd kinda like to try one out! I can lug that big guy around fine, but wonder what I'm capable of (breaking) on a lighter bike... :) We're just up for the weekend because apparently we take a lot of vacation! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Today is my Friday, literally it is Friday morning here.

Had a terrible day yesterday. Had to perform modifications to system platform I have never even touched before. Project manager back in Seattle told the customer it would take an hour. The plan was for an engineer in Seattle to link up to the machine and work with me through the process. No one would ever take the time to explain what was needed to be done, just that they would work with me when the time came. When production finally released the machine, no one was available back in seattle to help. I got a three line text explaining what needed to be done. So with a lot of fumbling and manual reading I got it done in 4 hours. Customer was not happy. Today I sit on my ass, at least I am getting paid handsomely for the shame I bring to myself.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Today is my Friday, literally it is Friday morning here.

Had a terrible day yesterday. Had to perform modifications to system platform I have never even touched before. Project manager back in Seattle told the customer it would take an hour. The plan was for an engineer in Seattle to link up to the machine and work with me through the process. No one would ever take the time to explain what was needed to be done, just that they would work with me when the time came. When production finally released the machine, no one was available back in seattle to help. I got a three line text explaining what needed to be done. So with a lot of fumbling and manual reading I got it done in 4 hours. Customer was not happy. Today I sit on my ass, at least I am getting paid handsomely for the shame I bring to myself.
To remove my guilt for making boatloads of money for not performing anything worth deserving compensation I take on difficult household tasks, it helps....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To remove my guilt for making boatloads of money for not performing anything worth deserving compensation I take on difficult household tasks, it helps....
My paycheck for this trip is less reimbursement for work performed as it is compensation for damages.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fvck took one hour and many back roads towork my way past 22 miles of gridlock to get home. still have a 70 mile drive to reach Hollister this evening. traffic report says chill an hour and I should arrive at the same time as I would if I left now and sat in gridlock.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You're in Japan right now aren't you? Tradition mandates what you must do when you are shamed.
I brought shame upon myself by not being born japanese. As a mongrel gaijin my shame is limitless.

Fun fact: Suicide is the leading cause of death for Japanese men under 44 years old.